Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

What I expected and more!
By Joe DeStefano

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have used my Frontier for long trips of 100 miles or more on at least 10 occassions since buying it as well as excursions on the beach and off-road. It has been comfortable all the way. I have traveled with three adults on trips of more than 200 miles with no complaints from the back seat passengers. I even used it to remove the remnants of a tree that I was unable to dig out. It is high enough to see over traffic but not uncomfortable when entering numbers on a keypad to a parking lot. The utili-track system is versatile and easy to use. The only aspect I have not used is the towing but in soft sand it was flawless in 4WD- L. The air conditioner control unit had to be replaced initially.

The R/F ten speaker audio system is exceptional with the satellite radio. The utili-track system is functional and easy to use. Homelink is convenient for opening my garage.

The only feature I truly wish was available for my Frontier is the dual- zone climate control system I saw in a Murano.

Great truck!!
By Terry

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck, fun to drive. First new Vehicle, but I researched every midsize truck available. Frontier had the best bang for the buck. I've had a couple of issues but they were handled by the dealer with little trouble.

The 265 hp 284 tq V6 engine. The utilitrac bed system. Just a well built truck.

TMPS needs a little fine tuning for high altitude living. The truck has been to the dealer for ABS sensor (wiring routed incorrectly at factory) and blower resistor replacement

Nissan aced this truck
By Dwight

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Fords for over 12 years Great trucks but it was time for a change. The big thing was the fuel mpg for what i need a truck for a V8 is too much motor. If you need a kid hauler and you shop at Costco or Home Depot then you need to go test drive a Nismo crewcab. Mpg on highway has been 22.7 in town is 17 to 18. Good sound system every time I am out someone says NICE TRUCK.. I am so sold on this truck tons of power and fun to drive. Gooo drive one put your foot into it.

Spray-in Bedliner with the tie downs what a great idea. I think the read out in the dash in nice how many miles till empty average mpg. The storage under the rear seats is good to have plus you can get behind the rear seats to store stuff rear seat arm rest the kids love that

I really miss the outside temp guage on my Supercrew Nissan can you hear me!The tailgate needs a spring asst. like the Ford I cound use 1 finger to lift the gate on my ford.It is almost a two hand job with the Nissan.Add the radio to the power delay like the windows are.Other than that its a TEN :)

brand new fun
By mark

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drive Porsches... a Cayenne S a C4S and others... we have a lexus gx470 in the house also... I was looking for a pickup to leave at a weekend house and use infrequently to haul "stuff" in and out of a vineyard... drove all brands... The Nissan was a pleasant suprise. Well built, quiet, good power, thoughtful layout... and according to my 15 year old..."tight". handling characteristics were very good and since it has the highest safety/roll over record I feel pretty good about letting the soon to be 16 year old drive it... A great 4X4 with a nice V6 for a very reasonable price... Way to go Nissan... I actually left the Cayenne in the driveway for the weekend and drove the truck...

ride, power, bed liner, tie down racks, looks

make xm option with mp3 connection standard...

First Pickup
By DEH

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first pickup and I must say that I am exceptionally pleased with all aspects of this truck. As a previous Nissan owner I have been familiar with the product but again, this was an outstanding value and product.

Handling ability and comfort.

Rear seating comfort.