2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
What I expected and more!
By Joe DeStefano on 10/11/06 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have used my Frontier for long trips of 100 miles or more on at least 10 occassions since buying it as well as excursions on the beach and off-road. It has been comfortable all the way. I have traveled with three adults on trips of more than 200 miles with no complaints from the back seat passengers. I even used it to remove the remnants of a tree that I was unable to dig out. It is high enough to see over traffic but not uncomfortable when entering numbers on a keypad to a parking lot. The utili-track system is versatile and easy to use. The only aspect I have not used is the towing but in soft sand it was flawless in 4WD- L. The air conditioner control unit had to be replaced initially.

After 5500 miles...
By Pat Mc on 10/06/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this new truck from Seattle to Anchorage, AK and overall really liked the performance and ride even at 80 on gravel and rocks. The mileage was good on the hiway, but now in town it's far less than it's rating of 15MPG, if the on board MPG gauge is to be believed. Faults: Oil is a major pain to change especially due skid plate, dipstick is flimsy and hard to insert, visors are loose, rear headrests obstruct vision, cant open door from back. Wiper needs variable control- needs interval between 1 & 5 sec. Windshield seems to have coating, (anti glare?) that is now full of scratches and wont clean up. No aftermarket rims for snowtires available, Nissan steel wheels are $275 ea! OUCH

Great truck!!
By Terry on 09/26/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck, fun to drive. First new Vehicle, but I researched every midsize truck available. Frontier had the best bang for the buck. I've had a couple of issues but they were handled by the dealer with little trouble.

Nissan aced this truck
By Dwight on 09/25/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Fords for over 12 years Great trucks but it was time for a change. The big thing was the fuel mpg for what i need a truck for a V8 is too much motor. If you need a kid hauler and you shop at Costco or Home Depot then you need to go test drive a Nismo crewcab. Mpg on highway has been 22.7 in town is 17 to 18. Good sound system every time I am out someone says NICE TRUCK.. I am so sold on this truck tons of power and fun to drive. Gooo drive one put your foot into it.

Tacoma vs Frontier
By Mike on 09/24/06 22:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months of comparing these two vehicles, the Frontier won! It cost much less than the Tacoma, it has more "git up and go", and has a more solid ride verses the bouncy feel I sensed in the Tacoma. I figured that the Frontier has far more horsepower and torque per pound in comparison to the other trucks. As an added bonus, my first round trip in the Bay Area freeways resulted an average 24.6 mpg on regular gas! City driving cuts into it at about 18.5 mpg. Though I miss the compass/temp read-out feature, the balance of the dashboard is laid out very thoughtfully. Some say that there's too much plastic in it but it's my work truck, who cares!

Nice!
By marioh on 09/22/06 09:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first NEW truck! I love Nissan. The way it drives, the security I feel when I'm driving it. This is my daily driver, and I don't mind putting miles on it. (OK mileage, and fun to drive). To and from work, and use it on the weekends to go places with the family. I love the fact that I can use it as a truck, or family vehicle. Work and play. Nice... Definitely a KEEPER!!!

brand new fun
By mark on 09/20/06 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I drive Porsches... a Cayenne S a C4S and others... we have a lexus gx470 in the house also... I was looking for a pickup to leave at a weekend house and use infrequently to haul "stuff" in and out of a vineyard... drove all brands... The Nissan was a pleasant suprise. Well built, quiet, good power, thoughtful layout... and according to my 15 year old..."tight". handling characteristics were very good and since it has the highest safety/roll over record I feel pretty good about letting the soon to be 16 year old drive it... A great 4X4 with a nice V6 for a very reasonable price... Way to go Nissan... I actually left the Cayenne in the driveway for the weekend and drove the truck...

First Pickup
By DEH on 09/09/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first pickup and I must say that I am exceptionally pleased with all aspects of this truck. As a previous Nissan owner I have been familiar with the product but again, this was an outstanding value and product.

great little big truack
By Paul on 09/08/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was amazed the 2006 was so much bigger and better made than my old 2004. Although the truck is bigger phyiscally it gets better gas mileage than the 2004. I love the shifter on the console better than on the column. Plus this model has cruise control the 2004 did not. Interior is about 4 inches wider and longer and very roomy. 2 jump seats with the rear doors make this vehicle great to carry extra people when needed. Nissan rethought the concept of how a truck should be.

Best Purchase
By big R on 09/07/06 10:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have nothing bad to say about this truck.I was concerned about the gas mileage, but just have been pleasantly suprised.The numbers come in way above the door estimate. I'm getting @22 mpg driving to and from work and just got back from a road trip where I got @ 26 mpg on the highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.