Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great Truck - get rid of the rattles
By John

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my truck everyday to haul all types of things (family of 5, 1 dog, all travel accessories to keep them occupied), pulls trailers well, handles well in bad weather conditions, enjoy the ride height (higher than normal for 2WD truck models)

Favorite Features

Bed tie down rails and adjustability. Comfort of rear seating arrangement. Rear seat storage comparments.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality, have annoying exhaust/engine vibration that dealership can not fix, this annoying noise may push me to buy something else next time, excessive corrosion on battery terminals (seems to be common with Nissan trucks/SUVs).

One Great Truck
By nismoblue

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My '06 is now 2yrs old w/ 33,000 miles on it and it still feels great to drive every day. The power is very good, drives like a sports car and feels solid. Try one out if you are thinking about a midsize truck. The interior design is nice with everything laid out really well. I always still look at it while walking way from it after two years.

Favorite Features

POWER, drives well, looks, utilitrac bed, smooth trans, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Paint that doesn't chip so easily.

Nissan Frontier Quality
By Catch22

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Frontier now for about 18 months and absolutely love it! I have put on 44,000 miles during that time and I have no issues whatsoever. I am still on my first set of factory tires, brakes have about 50% wear on them. The interior features lack when compared to the competition. I am currently getting about 17-19mpg in the city, and 22-23 on hwy. I do not drive the vehicle hard at all though. I would have like more features available for interior (such as leather, nav. system, etc.)

Favorite Features

Overall quality and design of exterior. I like the power of the 4.0L V6.

Suggested Improvements

Nicer CD player, overall layout and styling of the interior could be improved.

Nismo quality
By captbanyan

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive my Nismo pick up every day and just returned from a 2200 mile road trip with my wife and a Pomeranian. No back pains or discomfort. The powerful V6 ran 70s and 80s in all the southern states with a load in the bed. No heating probelems in Atlanta traffic jams. I had always driven Dodge Dakotas but I'm Nissan now!

Favorite Features

Body and interior design. Lumbar seats are great, and for its size the truck has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Change CD player layout. Existing location collects dust at the entry point and hot southern sun cooks the unit through the windshield. Also needs low lighting in cruise control switches and coffee holder. Hard to find in the dark while driving.

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4WD
By Josh

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my Ranger Edge in Nov 06 and have never seen such power from a smaller truck. You feel the power on interstate and it does not hesitate off road. All stock, I have pulled out a Silverado and a Jeep and then drove through what they got stuck in. The push button locker makes a world of difference. For a 4WD it could be a little higher though. Overall, the power is there when you need it and off roading is fun as hell.

Favorite Features

Push button rear locker, easy switching to 4wd, wide tires, power at high and low end.

Suggested Improvements

Two inch raise, little better gas mileage.