Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

I love my truck!!
By South Carolina Pride

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 29,500 miles on my Nismo Crew 4x2. White with Charcoal interior, tow package, audio upgrade (rockford fosgate 6 disc cd/sub-woofer), power sun-roof, bed-divider/extender. This truck handles well and looks great! I get compliments all the time on this truck. A lot of power. I upgraded the exhaust with a magna-flow exhaust with steel tip pipe adding a nice little growl and about 10 more horses. Plan on adding the air-raid air system/filter for more HP and increased fuel economy. This truck is a KEEPER!!

Power, power sunroof, rockford fosgate sound system --- just a quality ride!! With rising fuel costs, mid size truck with full size power.

Hmm... if any, a more appealing dash design.

Great Truck - get rid of the rattles
By John

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I use my truck everyday to haul all types of things (family of 5, 1 dog, all travel accessories to keep them occupied), pulls trailers well, handles well in bad weather conditions, enjoy the ride height (higher than normal for 2WD truck models)

Bed tie down rails and adjustability. Comfort of rear seating arrangement. Rear seat storage comparments.

Better build quality, have annoying exhaust/engine vibration that dealership can not fix, this annoying noise may push me to buy something else next time, excessive corrosion on battery terminals (seems to be common with Nissan trucks/SUVs).

One Great Truck
By nismoblue

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My '06 is now 2yrs old w/ 33,000 miles on it and it still feels great to drive every day. The power is very good, drives like a sports car and feels solid. Try one out if you are thinking about a midsize truck. The interior design is nice with everything laid out really well. I always still look at it while walking way from it after two years.

POWER, drives well, looks, utilitrac bed, smooth trans, etc.

Paint that doesn't chip so easily.

Nissan Frontier Quality
By Catch22

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Frontier now for about 18 months and absolutely love it! I have put on 44,000 miles during that time and I have no issues whatsoever. I am still on my first set of factory tires, brakes have about 50% wear on them. The interior features lack when compared to the competition. I am currently getting about 17-19mpg in the city, and 22-23 on hwy. I do not drive the vehicle hard at all though. I would have like more features available for interior (such as leather, nav. system, etc.)

Overall quality and design of exterior. I like the power of the 4.0L V6.

Nicer CD player, overall layout and styling of the interior could be improved.

Nismo quality
By captbanyan

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive my Nismo pick up every day and just returned from a 2200 mile road trip with my wife and a Pomeranian. No back pains or discomfort. The powerful V6 ran 70s and 80s in all the southern states with a load in the bed. No heating probelems in Atlanta traffic jams. I had always driven Dodge Dakotas but I'm Nissan now!

Body and interior design. Lumbar seats are great, and for its size the truck has plenty of power.

Change CD player layout. Existing location collects dust at the entry point and hot southern sun cooks the unit through the windshield. Also needs low lighting in cruise control switches and coffee holder. Hard to find in the dark while driving.

• SUV