Used 2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Fun To Drive NISMO
By Rocketman67

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I brought this truck to replace my '95 GMC KC Sonoma 4x4 V6 5sp. I had about 115k miles of pretty trouble free miles. The biggest annoyance was the drive train noise when rowing the gears. Their was a LOT of gear backlash. When I took it to the dealer they said it was NORMAL and I should dampen the noise with using the clutch more........yea right! The shifter looked like it came out of a school bus or something. Gas mileage was 18-19 in the city and about 21-22 highway which wasn't too bad. I was going to to replace the Sonoma with the new Colorado/Canyon until I heard that GM in all their (stupid) infinite wisdom decided to put an I5 instead of a V6 or I6. So I bought a Frontier.

That World Class V6 engine with all that HP and Torque and equal or better MPG than my '95 Sonoma. Ya just got to love the 6speed transmission mated to this engine. Nissan boys knew what they were doing. The looks are really appealing! I've had many compliments with silver exterior and blue seats.

When you order the NISMO package the interior should compliment the exterior NISMO name. It doesn't. Nissan should offer an all black interior option with white instrument cluster or some other color scheme for the interior. Recalibrate the ECU to accept premium fuel if you so desire.

Cool Truck!
By RM

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I traded in my Xterra for it. I got the last '06 at a great price, fully loaded. It has great style and is so fun to drive. I plan on towing with it and it obviously has great power. I look forward to long relationship with my truck!

iPod interface, heated seats

Fuel economy, GPS option

2006 xe frontier
By mike

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is a good solid truck, I went with the 4cyl for gas mileage 18 city 20 highway. The truck does not have much power so go with the 6cly if you tow. The truck has 2 recall items both minor door latch, gas cap other than that no problems. I wanted a tacoma but this similar frontier was $2700 less.

Price gas mileage and hopefully nissan dependability.

Nicer wheels.

Great New Truck
By jd

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My son bought an '06 Frontier, and I liked it so much that I wanted one. Traded in an '03 V8 Dakota for my new Nissan. I liked the Dodge, but I like the Nissan better. It's just the right size, and is comfortable on the road, and really quiet. Radio and speakers are pretty darn good for the stock system. AC and climate controls are good, I think the interior needs a bit of "upscaling" (too much boring plastic), and the turning radius is far too big for this size truck. My mileage has varied from 18 to 23, but better than my previous Dodge. But the pluses far outweigh the negatives, and I have no regrets purchasing the Frontier. I recommend you drive and compare. You'll like it...

Like the looks of the truck-hunky big chrome grill, big wheels and tires. Like the ride and the quiet cab.

Improve the looks of the interior - too much cheap looking plastic, and make the fog lamps standard, and put a trim piece on the side of the truck to break up the slab look. I purchased a dealer installed side molding, and I think it improved the appearance of the truck.

Great mid-sized truck.
By Tzar Igor

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching many trucks bought the 2006 KC 4WD Nismo automatic with traction control and upgraded sound. Great looking truck with excellent performance and features. This is the third Nissan truck; previous two served well past 200K before being sold. Unfortunately to get the upgraded sound system the utility bed packaged is forced on you. Since installing a shell on the truck, the rails are totally useless.

Powerful engine, all wheel disc brakes with ABS, sound system, rear doors.

Fuel economy needs improvement. The analog/digital integration in the instrument panel will not win any design awards. Rear seats in the KC are still only good for children.