2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2006 xe frontier
By mike on 11/21/06 15:40 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is a good solid truck, I went with the 4cyl for gas mileage 18 city 20 highway. The truck does not have much power so go with the 6cly if you tow. The truck has 2 recall items both minor door latch, gas cap other than that no problems. I wanted a tacoma but this similar frontier was $2700 less.

Great Truck
By TM on 11/21/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I've owned a Toyota and believe me it is a Toy compared to the Frontier.

5 star
By thejoker009 on 11/20/06 18:13 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun mid-size truck with full size feel. The power is perfect for this truck. Love driving it.

Great New Truck
By jd on 11/08/06 14:38 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My son bought an '06 Frontier, and I liked it so much that I wanted one. Traded in an '03 V8 Dakota for my new Nissan. I liked the Dodge, but I like the Nissan better. It's just the right size, and is comfortable on the road, and really quiet. Radio and speakers are pretty darn good for the stock system. AC and climate controls are good, I think the interior needs a bit of "upscaling" (too much boring plastic), and the turning radius is far too big for this size truck. My mileage has varied from 18 to 23, but better than my previous Dodge. But the pluses far outweigh the negatives, and I have no regrets purchasing the Frontier. I recommend you drive and compare. You'll like it...

in love
By macharia on 10/29/06 14:43 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

fell in love with this truck the 1st time i saw it finally bought it and it makes my day everyday i drive it

Awesome Power
By crazzzycanuck on 10/29/06 09:13 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned many trucks over the years, and this 2006 Nissan Frontier 4WD is by far the best yet! Power, body style, reliability and toughness make it one truck I'll be using for a long time.

Great mid-sized truck.
By Tzar Igor on 10/25/06 12:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After researching many trucks bought the 2006 KC 4WD Nismo automatic with traction control and upgraded sound. Great looking truck with excellent performance and features. This is the third Nissan truck; previous two served well past 200K before being sold. Unfortunately to get the upgraded sound system the utility bed packaged is forced on you. Since installing a shell on the truck, the rails are totally useless.

Very Happy
By PacificCoast on 10/24/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Nismo CC 4x4, fully loaded. It was used, with 10,000 miles. I had read before that people claim it drives like a sports car, and it really does. It is a blast to drive. I have also been very pleasantly surprised with how smooth the ride is, even on the worst freeways (and even with the Nismo package). It has lots of room in the back seat, and a roof that rises so that taller people can sit in the back seat without hitting their head. Transmission is smooth, power plentiful. Rockford fosgate sound system is terrific. This truck is tough, it looks great, and it drives nice. What more could one ask for? Fuel economy is not bad for a truck.

Fullsized Midsize
By mossinit on 10/19/06 10:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The drive train on this truck is rock solid. The 4.0 begs to be revved but still has surplus power off idle. I optioned the 6 speed manual that came mated to a Dana 44 rear axle, heavy duty stuff for a midsized truck. I have used my truck extensively off road in the Adirondacks and found its size ideal for mountain fire roads.

In front----Frontier
By Mitchelm on 10/16/06 00:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has all things a truck should be, power,room for 5,looks, and NO problems. Quiet and smooth on less than perfect roads. Avg.20 mpg. Easy to park and get out of tuff parking spots. Sits high enough to allow you to see ahead of avg. autos on road today. I belive it may be one of the safer trucks on the road.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.