Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Man I love my first truck
By 06_frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2004 Honda Crv ex. I am 18 and this is my first truck. It is a fun, well appointed vehicle. I actually like some of the plastic in the cabin because of its tuff truck feel. The engine is a marvel to hit with your foot. It gives me chills and goosebumps thinking about it. It's been there and for having it only two days and driving it already almost 200 miles getting a great 17 city, I'm thrilled.

Favorite Features

Gutsy engine, would like to have a supercharger on that bad-boy. The firm seats which are very helpful when ur on long roads and have to stay in your vehicle awhile. The nice jump from the overdrive on when the pedal is pushed. It feels just like an old muscle car of yore.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage just by about 2 or 3. The antenna is sensitive over big bumps and wish there was an option to later transfer the vehicle to a NISMO. The american dealers do this for the offroad and other packages but not Nissan.

Best midsize pickup, period
By abby

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck! The six-speed transmission feels good and the engine gets wound up quick. A K&N kit gave the V6 a deeper note that sounds awesome. The exterior looks like a functional truck, not some toy. There's just the right amount of chrome. The wheels look good. The seats are comfortable and the ride is smooth enough for long highway rides, even with the stiffer Nismo suspension. Dash layout is intuitive, although they could have done with a few less buttons on the radio. Overall, it's just a really nice-looking, well-powered, functional midsize truck. You can't beat it.

Favorite Features

Engine note, Sirius radio, acceleration, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

"Rear seats" are as useless in 2006 model as they were in a 1991 Nissan King Cab I used to drive, but I guess that's what you get with the King Cab instead of the Crew Cab. Gas mileage is disappointing for a midsize truck. Other than that, no complaints.

My first truck
By Hank

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, lots of power, drive and handles great. added soft cover, step rails, fog lights. Chrome on black looks great. Other than oil change it has not been anywhere for repairs.

Favorite Features

Power (4.0), ride, very well built.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest between buckets to short to use, its a waste. Hard plastic interior needs to be soften up, anything that touches the plastic leaves a mark

Best Truck I've Ever Owned
By MidHudsonMark

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just replaced the front brake pads - at 50,171 miles. Rear pads still have 85% of meat on 'em. Only thing replaced under warranty was an air bag sensor; other than that, it looks and drives like it just left the showroom. I will keep this truck until it has at least 200000 miles on it, because I think it will still rock even then.

Favorite Features

The six-speed transmission is the smoothest shift I've ever experienced. Low-end torque is great; in third gear at full throttle, the variable timing on the intake valves kicks in, making the V-6 accelerate kinda like a turbo. It does anything I ask of it, including 30% off-road driving.

Suggested Improvements

Lower back support in the SE for both front seats.

I love my truck!!
By South Carolina Pride

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 29,500 miles on my Nismo Crew 4x2. White with Charcoal interior, tow package, audio upgrade (rockford fosgate 6 disc cd/sub-woofer), power sun-roof, bed-divider/extender. This truck handles well and looks great! I get compliments all the time on this truck. A lot of power. I upgraded the exhaust with a magna-flow exhaust with steel tip pipe adding a nice little growl and about 10 more horses. Plan on adding the air-raid air system/filter for more HP and increased fuel economy. This truck is a KEEPER!!

Favorite Features

Power, power sunroof, rockford fosgate sound system --- just a quality ride!! With rising fuel costs, mid size truck with full size power.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm... if any, a more appealing dash design.