2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Frontier - 4th of July fireworks..
By JS on 07/11/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought it this last week and love it. It has a lot of get up and go. Very roomy for a King cab and feels very tough. It has all the features I wanted and it didn't break the bank. I compared the Toy and GMC and was not impressed with the option packs or the add on pricing for both of them.

Title
By chanandreirei on 07/04/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The day I bought this truck, my family and I went camping. It was very cold up in the mountains, but the truck never stalled or anything like that. It always started right up. And even now, the only problem we've ever had with it was a flat tire. This truck also has great handling. On those twisty-turny roads in the Sierras, the truck handled so well, I never worried about what a steep drop it was. So, this truck has been a very reliable and fun to own vehicle.

Excellent truck at a great price
By Bruno on 06/07/06 20:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I was torn between a Toyota Tacoma and the Frontier, and with the Frontier I got the same features for about $1000 less. Having owned a Frontier in the early 90's, I'm happy to say the ride of the new Frontier is much smoother, very car-like, as opposed to the older truck whose ride was very stiff. Sit inside the XE and you will be surprised it is the lowest trim level. You ride high up like an SUV, and both interior and exterior are stylish. Only negative I'd mention is that the 4-cylinder engine has a whiny sound. However, it's got excellent acceleration, I was very surprised.

Finally, an affordable good truck
By Chris Christian on 06/06/06 07:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I should have gotten the power window and door locks otherwise it handles well at all speeds and even does off road fairly well. It's a mild suprise for $ vs. truck, then again it's a Nissan. I Haven't had it that long, but I expect to wring 150,000 to 200,000 out with proper maintenance and low dollars. John Christian

Great Functional Truck
By Ken on 05/29/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage for mid-size truck, got 25mpg in mixed driving on the first tankful. Ride is quiet and smooth and has plenty of space all around. Not fancy but has all the basic features available as options.

Best mid size without a doubt
By Bogarto on 05/10/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at all mid and full size trucks. Finally settled on Frontier 4x4 LE. 265 HP is awesome. Got the 4x4 havn't taken it off road yet. Nice size truck, bigger than any other mids I drove and smaller than the full sizes but with plenty of comfort. Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland, FL was very helpful, got it used with 14,000 miles on it.

crashed 2005 bought 2006
By shelley mann on 05/09/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my second frontier in 9 months both mid size. curently totaled 2005 frontier, rollover didn't hold up well, it was horrible i should have died, but i'm alive so i weighed the positive factors to the negative and chose another nissan FRONTIER 2006. it's so smooth, so powerful, it FEELS safe to be behind the wheel.i drive mountain roads it handles better than a car, all i want to do is drive all day long. you would too. the only thing i would change is put in a roll over cage to better protect occupants lives. nissan did a wonder job, it still saved my life.

Gr8 Truck
By RickP Casa Grande on 05/08/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We went to the dealership to look at a used 2003 Frontier and liked what we saw. We test drove it and even though it rode good, the ride was a bit stiff it handled like a TRUCK and the rear passenger leg room was a bit skimpy. We then took a 2006 for a test drive and what a difference. It handles like a dream, feels like your sitting in an EZ chair and has great room in the cab for for both front and rear passengers. Needless to say the 2006 now sits in my driveway and I can't wait to get it into the desert.

Great value
By Vicky on 04/26/06 20:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The XE is a sleeper. Sure the 154 horsepower four cyl. isn't for the macho types. It works hard to push a 3,500 lb truck, but this is the engine that makes the Altima great, just tuned for truck duty! Give me the 23 mpg any day over the (admittedly GREAT 4 liter 6's 16-18. Workmanship is excellent, handling is great, towing capacity of 3,500 lb for a 4 banger is amazing! Ride is a little busy on rough road, but cornering and braking is super. And gas mileage for a truck that I use to haul around tools fo work is fantastic.

Should Have Been Truck Of The Year
By Matt on 04/17/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

When Toyota Tacoma was named "Truck of the Year”, I think it was done because of brand name only. When I looked at the Tacoma, I noticed that it did not have full-boxed frame. Part of the frame was 'C' channel. The concept of a composite bed is nice on paperwork but the practical aspect is not. A pickup truck's rear end is light enough without making it lighter by using a composite bed. The V6 in the Frontier is generations ahead of the Tacoma in efficiency (hp to ci) and it's done with 87 octane not 90+ as recommended by Toyota.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.