Used 2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Most Helpful|
From a '95 Sonoma to an '06 NISMO
By Rocketman67

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a truck that I new I was going to like when I ordered it but never thought it would be this nice. She is not perfect by any means but it's a truck that when I get behind the wheel I just like to drive and drive an not necessarily go anywhere. It just feels good being behind the wheel. It has the NISMO package which I thought would have been a harsh ride but even upping the air in tire to 40 PSI is still comfy.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are in this order: 1) The VQ6 2) The 6speed manual 3) Exterior design 4) Sprayed in bedliner with track system 5) Radio(6 cd upgrade package) 6) Over all built quality (that's a given) 7) MPG's are as good if not better than with my '95 GMC Sonoma.

Suggested Improvements

Make the NISMO package compliment the interior. The plane jane Frontier and NISMO interior look the same except for the NISMO floor mats...... :( Offer a white gauge package and or different interior like all black when you opt for the NISMO.

BUY ONE!!!!!
By Alec

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I use my truck for hauling, towing, hunting, and as a daily driver. I get around 18 mpg all around mostly in city driving with my mom driving a lot of them and she is bad at driving a stick shift. It has very good offroad capabilities. It is very fast and has a lot of power and torque. It has a very big bed and i can fit my yamaha kodiak (fourwheeler) in the back. People and edmunds often complain about the hard plastic interior, but you have to remember that this is a truck not a little car and hard plastic is tough and will last. Buy a Frontier

Favorite Features

6 speed manual, power, mpgs, high ground clearance, great ride, low road noise, and layout of controls

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system hard wired for an ipod, better stock tires, 4x4 shifter and manual locking hubs ( more reliable), more skid plates

14,000 cluth burned out
By jerrygarner

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I see another review, his clutch burned out at 12,000. Very unhappy, very difficult to see when backing up, had to remove headrest. Very sorry about this purchase, very unhappy with many factors. go back a second time before you buy, I should have listened.

Favorite Features

Really nothing, dread waiting for something else to go wrong.

Suggested Improvements

Clutch! vision read and sid, feels like a mini0truck inside, cumbersome due to length and poor visual construction, don't buy a Nissan

Transmission mismatch
By porsche

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

4 cyl. has little power, the truck weighs a lot. the gearing is poor for the engine powerband, gears are to tall, shifting puts you too low in the next gear/lugging badly. if the trans had 6 gears instead of five it may work. gas mileage at 20-21 mpg is poor for such a gutless power-plant. get the 6 cyl. and power is great and you will get 18-19 mpg.

Favorite Features

cheap price

Suggested Improvements

see above- better trans match to power-plant

Mixed Feelings
By kevymckev

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been the sole owner of my 06' SE Frontier since it rolled off the lot in July of 06'. The truck had a great V6 power & solid comfort and excellent affordability.My opinion changes after a serious accident with this truck. The key benefit was how well this truck absorbed a major collision. The truck immediatly lowered and reduced the impact i felt..preventing serious injury on my part. I love this truck for that.I have lost 100 miles to the tank of gas. Pre-Accident i was getting 350 miles per tank. Now i only get a meager 250. The power of my V6 has been reduced drastically.I have also replaced the battery 4 times with this truck. Only 100,000 miles on it.This truck had potential