2006 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
tylertown
By lance on 08/02/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drives great love the truck. Will climb one hell of a hill, pulls great and i drive it 400 miles a week.

15 months w/my Frontier
By DB on 07/23/06 22:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Frontier for almost a year & 1/2 now. I use it for personal/family, not really as a truck. I love the bed for carrying things I would have to squeeze into a car trunk, like Little League equip. I purchased an aftermarket locking bed cover, so it makes it much more useful. I love everything about this truck except large turning radius & poor gas mileage (about 14 mpg in local driving). It feels comfortable & looks great.

Impressed
By JohnE on 07/17/06 07:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this truck for 3 months and I love it! I bought it so I could do some beach driving in NC. This truck went through 8" of sand without any trouble at all. Good to know I can get to where the fish are. Find it to be a solid, well built vehicle. Am getting decent gas mileage

the frontier and me.
By mahoot on 07/14/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

very easy to get in and out of. cloth seating area seems to stay clean. left foot rest and steering wheel surface feels comfortable when behind wheel.

Frontier Crew Cab Nismo
By IndyNismo on 07/08/06 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Frontier. I owned an 05 crew cab Nismo. It was without the Rockford and sunroof package with rack. I absolutely loved the truck...but longed for the extra options. So I traded for an 06. Since I sell Nissan...it only change my payment by 10 bucks!

work truck
By danny harrington on 06/03/06 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the engine puts out excellent power, i routinely carry about 600 pounds of equipment and i don't even notice it, gas mileage is decent, around 17 in the city and 20 on the highway(driving around 80 mph) between las vegas and visalia california. going up the mountains it drops out of overdrive but no big deal.

'06 NISMO lover
By Lew on 06/03/06 07:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my NISMO CC for 2.5 months,and now have 10,000+ miles on the odometer. I do not go off roading but my job does require me to make regular use of the NISMO's ground clearance as well as occasional use of the 4x4. This truck has performed flawlessly. To be blunt, I love this truck! People complain about the fuel mileage. I find it fair for a vehicle of it's weight and performance specs. My job entails highway and city driving and I average 15 to 16 MPG. Recently I took the NISMO on a 1600 mile round trip. Going out(VERY windy) I averaged only 18 MPG at 70 MPH+. The return trip with better weather and slightly higher speeds returned 20.2 MPG. This truck rates a 9.5 on a scale of 10!!

Great Mid-Size Truck
By bassfish on 06/01/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck to drive. I've had to take 2 trips back east and it performed great. 20 mpg on first trip and 21 on the second. Loaded with furniture on second trip. mpg has improved over time, now have 5500 miles on it. Tows great. Has room for 4 adults. I like the ride better then my wife's cadillac (2000 deville).

I love it
By RMichael on 05/22/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy driving it. I got plenty of torque at low RPM, great low gear ratio in 1st and economical yet still with lots of power 6th. Don't get me wrong there's a lot that I would like improved but for the price it's a solid, fun to ride pickup(it's too new to say how reliable it is...) Before I got it I testdrove Tundra and in my opinion the only thing going for toyota might be the build quality. Toyota sways more when cornering, engine is weak at low RPMs and siting is somehow...weird. That's just my opinion of course.

shelley's frontiers
By getitshelley on 05/19/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my third frontier, first one i traded 2004, my 2005 i totaled, rollover. it held up, condisdering 70 and rolled 3 times. the next day i bought a 2006 frontier. i love this truck it makes me feel safe when i drive. i would not buy anthing but a frontier le. its durable, cute, rugged, sporty and rides like a dream. its power amazes me it really gets up goes when you need the extra power. i can't say enough good things about this truck, if i continued it would be a book.