2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
4x4 on/off road performance
By Amanda on 12/27/06 07:29 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Newly acquired nissan frontier 4x4 only so far driven on paved road surfaces, the vehicle has good power in acceleration and braking, the ride is smooth for a truck, the ground clearance is sufficient for normal not too extreme use,the steering is smooth, easy to turn the wheel, So far my overall review is very good for this truck, I have yet to test drive off road on uneven surfaces to see how the truck handles and responds in 4x4 drive mode

A truck for all seasons
By LLS on 12/21/06 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all of the trucks in this size and the only truck that was close was toyota. Snow storm in Illinois proved the frontier will blaze you a trail when others are in the ditch. Only problem with this truck is going too fast and not even knowing it. I have a little less than 10,000 on my 2006 and have had no problems with this truck. I cannot say the same with the dodge, gmc, or ford

Tough act to follow
By john on 12/19/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm really impressed,this is my first nissan, really a bold look, powerful, and really fun to drive, very comfortable!! I have always been a ford man but their is no comparison,im a nissan man now.

More hp
By KEVIN on 12/19/06 14:37 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 06 wrangler (190 hp) i-6 and my 05 f150 v-8 (235 hp) v-6 nissan (265 hp) one truck one payment one insurance better mileage than both more power than both, better everything including warranty. Great in the snow and off road. No problems, someday detroit will wake up, well hopefully!!

More bang for $$ then Tacoma!
By Critter on 12/19/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great midsize truck,plenty of getty up,handle and rides nice for a 4x4. You'll pay 2-3 K for Tacoma same equipt. Don't think Toy is that much better if at all! Fuel is so-so 16-18 normal. 20-22 Hiway! Yes would buy again best truck I've had in along time. It's head and shoulder over my old 94 Nissan. Had 160 k when I bought the new one. Bang the buck Frontier is it!

From a '95 Sonoma to an '06 NISMO
By Rocketman67 on 12/19/06 10:20 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a truck that I new I was going to like when I ordered it but never thought it would be this nice. She is not perfect by any means but it's a truck that when I get behind the wheel I just like to drive and drive an not necessarily go anywhere. It just feels good being behind the wheel. It has the NISMO package which I thought would have been a harsh ride but even upping the air in tire to 40 PSI is still comfy.

Fun To Drive NISMO
By Rocketman67 on 12/15/06 20:06 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I brought this truck to replace my '95 GMC KC Sonoma 4x4 V6 5sp. I had about 115k miles of pretty trouble free miles. The biggest annoyance was the drive train noise when rowing the gears. Their was a LOT of gear backlash. When I took it to the dealer they said it was NORMAL and I should dampen the noise with using the clutch more........yea right! The shifter looked like it came out of a school bus or something. Gas mileage was 18-19 in the city and about 21-22 highway which wasn't too bad. I was going to to replace the Sonoma with the new Colorado/Canyon until I heard that GM in all their (stupid) infinite wisdom decided to put an I5 instead of a V6 or I6. So I bought a Frontier.

Thumbs Up to Nissan
By texastruckgirl on 12/10/06 10:12 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First time Nissan owner. Love this truck. Roomy interior is user friendly. Tows like a champ. You get instance power when petal to the metal. Sharp looking truck all the way around.

Cool Truck!
By RM on 11/29/06 17:13 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I traded in my Xterra for it. I got the last '06 at a great price, fully loaded. It has great style and is so fun to drive. I plan on towing with it and it obviously has great power. I look forward to long relationship with my truck!

2006 xe frontier
By mike on 11/21/06 15:40 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is a good solid truck, I went with the 4cyl for gas mileage 18 city 20 highway. The truck does not have much power so go with the 6cly if you tow. The truck has 2 recall items both minor door latch, gas cap other than that no problems. I wanted a tacoma but this similar frontier was $2700 less.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.