Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great All-Around Truck
By jaynovak

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have driven exclusively Nissan Cars and Trucks since 1987, as have my 2 sons. Never had any problems with them. This 4.0 6 speed has awesome power and load capacities. I was driving 25 miles to work on rural roads and getting 24 mpg at 60-70 mph. Now retired and drive in town, and still get 22 mpg. 2 hints for mileage, drive easily when you accelerate and use a good grade of gas. I was getting 20 mpg using a discount gas, but switched to shell and get steady 22+, using regular.

Power and dependability and quality. I have now problem with Ford V-8's or Dodge V-8's.

Extend the cab about 12 more inches and put bench seat in back.

Great Truck Good Value
By Ohio Frontier

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought a USED 2006 NISMO 4x4 38000 miles. On the drive home 21 MPG at about 70 MPH cruise control. Around town 15.6 MPG. I was concerned that the truck was going to be too stiff with the 4x4 and NISMO package. However it is very smooth to drive on pavement with low road noise and sturdy feel. Happy with my purchase everyone should look at this truck if you want a mid size. The Tacoma had a bad seating position for long trips and the domestic trucks just don't measure up. This is my first Nissan and so far so good.

Rockford Fosgate system is nice and sounds great. Nice on center steering feel. Not to big but plenty of room inside.

I like the NISMO seats for the adjustment however the seat pad could be a little longer. The sunroof takes up a lot of the rear seat headroom you can still put a 6' person back there just looks tight.

Pretender
By Morris

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Nissan Frontier does not deserve to be rated near the top of this class. I wish I would have gone with a Toyota or even the Chevy. The build quality on the Nissan is average at best and the engine is very sluggish for supposedly having over 260hp. The gas mileage is poor for a compact pickup, I used to get better from my full size. This truck doesn't come close to measuring up to a Toyota in any way, and I would even rate the Chevy a better truck for the money. I would not recommend this truck to anyone.

The bed liner and utili-track system in the bed.

Better engine, more refined ride, a limited slip that is actually useful, better paint quality, a floor shift for the 4wd, more comfortable seats, a more useful center console, less plastic in the interior (it scratches very easily), a spring or latch on the fuel door, improved rear window defroster

'06 Nissan Frontier SE Automatic
By rowdycowboy85

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE this truck! The only thing that's a slight downer for me at this point is gas mileage (only cause gas is so high. It wasn't so bad when I first got it) but it's still great for a truck. The power of this thing is almost beastly. It's light rear end can make your tires squeal easily, especially in the rain. Push the pedal and you GO with this baby. It's especially quick on the highway between about 70 and 90. I've never had any real problems with it at all. At least nothing to speak about. If you can afford this vehicle and are in the market for a great truck then I'd highly suggest you buy one.

The power, the size. It's comfortable for me. Everything is pretty much where I want it.

The stock stereo could be a little better. I would rather the jump seats in the back face each other than sit straight forward.

Hate to see it go
By Masked Bandit

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my "Fronty" last fall when I was getting back into a truck. I had it narrowed down to this or an Avalanche. I chose the Frontier based on prior Nissan ownership that was rock solid. This truck has not let me down. The only problem is that with two kids now (both in car seats) there just isn't enough room in the back. Other than not fitting the two car seats, this is probably by far the best truck I've ever owned. TONS of power, very reasonable gas mileage if you keep your foot light and the factory Rockford Fosgate stereo is amazing. Once these rug rats are out of the car seats I'll be back to a Frontier.

Rockford Fosgate stereo, POWER, tie-down system in the bed (forget what it's called), great fit & finish, value... way better bang for the buck over Toyota Tacoma.

Give me a few different colours on the interior. Even on my top of the line LE with leather, it's like someone painted everything on the inside with the same can of grey paint. Also, if the back seats were 15% bigger, I'd never own another truck.