Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

BUY ONE!!!!!
By Alec

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I use my truck for hauling, towing, hunting, and as a daily driver. I get around 18 mpg all around mostly in city driving with my mom driving a lot of them and she is bad at driving a stick shift. It has very good offroad capabilities. It is very fast and has a lot of power and torque. It has a very big bed and i can fit my yamaha kodiak (fourwheeler) in the back. People and edmunds often complain about the hard plastic interior, but you have to remember that this is a truck not a little car and hard plastic is tough and will last. Buy a Frontier

6 speed manual, power, mpgs, high ground clearance, great ride, low road noise, and layout of controls

Better sound system hard wired for an ipod, better stock tires, 4x4 shifter and manual locking hubs ( more reliable), more skid plates

Go with the NISMO!!
By Andrew Brill

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an 06 Frontier NISMO, and love it!! 42000km and no problems except for gas tank hinge and window tracks. Lots of power on and off the pavement. Overall, great truck!!

6 speed manual, rear-locking diff, lots of power.

Gas mileage, paint chips too easily, interior design could be more flashy

Bought this after tons of research
By Hooper

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this after doing tons of research. Couldn't beat the value of what we got for our money. Would have preferred a Honda Ridgeline, but they just cost so much its silly. Drove lots of Toyota Tacomas, Ford Sport Tracs, and Frontiers. Nissan was the clear winner.

Utili-track tie down system. Not much wind noise on the high way. Comfort and room. Power, power, and more power.

Gas mileage, but its what you pay for in having all that juice under the hood.

Great truck sized right!
By FKNJR

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Nissan Frontier LE Crew Cab in Sep 2006 new from the dealership. As soon as I test drove it, I bought it. I love the look of the roof rack (looks like the Xtera) The utilitrack bed system is awesome! I have hauled so much stuff in this truck. I added a Flow Master 40, and an AFE Cold Air Intake. Wow! What a difference. Much better sound, better power. MPG city went to about 18, hwy went to around 24. The only thing I don't like is the legroom. I'm tall, so it's difficult to find anything that has decent legroom. The adjustable seats are great, and very comfortable. Unless you are a general contractor or living on a farm, there is no need for a truck any bigger than this.

The tie down system in the bed. The seats are great (adjustable hip height). It just looks great.

Better MPG. Radio controls on the steering wheel. Towing package installed on the LE.

Great car, Great Price, Make us feel Safe!
By Abel

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ditto to what most have said about power, comfort and even the mileage isn't bad. Learn to drive with the flow and accelerate when necessary (not 20 feet from a red like most drivers!) and you can easily get 16-17 on street and I can get 24-25 on highway with cruise control from San Diego to LA.

Just plain fun to drive!

Some of the plastic parts need a bit better alignment. Maybe a bit thicker leather like my Murano!