2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Repair Nightmare
By Mike on 08/06/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoyed the truck for the first 6 months and then the run on repairs started, first was new rackinpion system, then came the new steering column, then new tie rods, and now finally over $500 to find and repair the leak causing the Service Engine Light to stay on. This was the 5th Nissan I've owned (2nd Frontier) and will be my last. I've talked to several mechanics both Nissan and private and all have expressed the downward trend of Nissan's reliability.

A great all around truck
By G.V.Romano on 08/01/09 05:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a leftover '06 and have driven it almost 50k miles in 2yrs. and 9 months. Nothing has ever gone wrong, zero problems. I'd like a little better in town mileage but who wouldn't ? I'm 6'1" and I can drive this truck for days at at time and am always comfortable unlike the Toyota I also looked at. This truck has taken me off road, hauling approx.400 lbs. up a logging road and it felt like it was empty. I've used it for work and play and I've never second guessed my buying choice. It handles very well, better than some cars I've driven. The engine is stout and the transmission always knows what gear to be in. The steering very communicative and the truck feels nimble and responsive.

Great All-Around Truck
By jaynovak on 04/03/09 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have driven exclusively Nissan Cars and Trucks since 1987, as have my 2 sons. Never had any problems with them. This 4.0 6 speed has awesome power and load capacities. I was driving 25 miles to work on rural roads and getting 24 mpg at 60-70 mph. Now retired and drive in town, and still get 22 mpg. 2 hints for mileage, drive easily when you accelerate and use a good grade of gas. I was getting 20 mpg using a discount gas, but switched to shell and get steady 22+, using regular.

'06 Nissan Frontier SE Automatic
By rowdycowboy85 on 09/12/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE this truck! The only thing that's a slight downer for me at this point is gas mileage (only cause gas is so high. It wasn't so bad when I first got it) but it's still great for a truck. The power of this thing is almost beastly. It's light rear end can make your tires squeal easily, especially in the rain. Push the pedal and you GO with this baby. It's especially quick on the highway between about 70 and 90. I've never had any real problems with it at all. At least nothing to speak about. If you can afford this vehicle and are in the market for a great truck then I'd highly suggest you buy one.

BUY ONE!!!!!
By Alec on 05/18/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I use my truck for hauling, towing, hunting, and as a daily driver. I get around 18 mpg all around mostly in city driving with my mom driving a lot of them and she is bad at driving a stick shift. It has very good offroad capabilities. It is very fast and has a lot of power and torque. It has a very big bed and i can fit my yamaha kodiak (fourwheeler) in the back. People and edmunds often complain about the hard plastic interior, but you have to remember that this is a truck not a little car and hard plastic is tough and will last. Buy a Frontier

Go with the NISMO!!
By Andrew Brill on 04/20/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an 06 Frontier NISMO, and love it!! 42000km and no problems except for gas tank hinge and window tracks. Lots of power on and off the pavement. Overall, great truck!!

Best midsize pickup, period
By abby on 01/03/08 20:06 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck! The six-speed transmission feels good and the engine gets wound up quick. A K&N kit gave the V6 a deeper note that sounds awesome. The exterior looks like a functional truck, not some toy. There's just the right amount of chrome. The wheels look good. The seats are comfortable and the ride is smooth enough for long highway rides, even with the stiffer Nismo suspension. Dash layout is intuitive, although they could have done with a few less buttons on the radio. Overall, it's just a really nice-looking, well-powered, functional midsize truck. You can't beat it.

My first truck
By Hank on 12/16/07 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it, lots of power, drive and handles great. added soft cover, step rails, fog lights. Chrome on black looks great. Other than oil change it has not been anywhere for repairs.

Nissan Frontier Quality
By Catch22 on 10/15/07 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Frontier now for about 18 months and absolutely love it! I have put on 44,000 miles during that time and I have no issues whatsoever. I am still on my first set of factory tires, brakes have about 50% wear on them. The interior features lack when compared to the competition. I am currently getting about 17-19mpg in the city, and 22-23 on hwy. I do not drive the vehicle hard at all though. I would have like more features available for interior (such as leather, nav. system, etc.)

Nismo quality
By captbanyan on 09/15/07 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive my Nismo pick up every day and just returned from a 2200 mile road trip with my wife and a Pomeranian. No back pains or discomfort. The powerful V6 ran 70s and 80s in all the southern states with a load in the bed. No heating probelems in Atlanta traffic jams. I had always driven Dodge Dakotas but I'm Nissan now!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.