Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4WD Crew Cab
By P-W-R

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Attractive exterior styling. Compact size makes it very easy for person of limited height to access bed. Very nice sprayed in bedliner with innovative load locking system. All controls are within easy reach inside. Driver's seat could, however, have more adjustments. Very responsive 4.0 litre engine. Truck towed my camper up some very steep hills with ease, particularly after downshifting, it took off like I had nothing in tow when I had just over 2,000 pounds! Very impressive. For the money and when compared with its Toyota counterpart, seems to me to have "more bang for the buck." In other words, I belive I was able to obtain more optional equipment for the price I paid

Responsive engine, exterior styling. Easy access bed with load locking system.

Larger bed, more adjustments to driver's seat.

What I expected and more!
By Joe DeStefano

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have used my Frontier for long trips of 100 miles or more on at least 10 occassions since buying it as well as excursions on the beach and off-road. It has been comfortable all the way. I have traveled with three adults on trips of more than 200 miles with no complaints from the back seat passengers. I even used it to remove the remnants of a tree that I was unable to dig out. It is high enough to see over traffic but not uncomfortable when entering numbers on a keypad to a parking lot. The utili-track system is versatile and easy to use. The only aspect I have not used is the towing but in soft sand it was flawless in 4WD- L. The air conditioner control unit had to be replaced initially.

The R/F ten speaker audio system is exceptional with the satellite radio. The utili-track system is functional and easy to use. Homelink is convenient for opening my garage.

The only feature I truly wish was available for my Frontier is the dual- zone climate control system I saw in a Murano.

After 5500 miles...
By Pat Mc

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this new truck from Seattle to Anchorage, AK and overall really liked the performance and ride even at 80 on gravel and rocks. The mileage was good on the hiway, but now in town it's far less than it's rating of 15MPG, if the on board MPG gauge is to be believed. Faults: Oil is a major pain to change especially due skid plate, dipstick is flimsy and hard to insert, visors are loose, rear headrests obstruct vision, cant open door from back. Wiper needs variable control- needs interval between 1 & 5 sec. Windshield seems to have coating, (anti glare?) that is now full of scratches and wont clean up. No aftermarket rims for snowtires available, Nissan steel wheels are $275 ea! OUCH

Great ride, sturdy feel. Impressive response from the automatic, I've driven a stick for 30 years. Bed rails are great for lashing down gear. Bilstein shocks worth the extra due frost heaves and potholes in Alaskan roads.

Make oil filter more accessible, the engineers must hate mechanics. Improve gas mileage or don't lie about it. 13 MPG city driving with this 4.0 engine is a crime. Offer a Crew cab with a 6' bed, Toyota does. Make rear seat belts fit better, my kids fall out of them when we corner.

Great truck!!
By Terry

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck, fun to drive. First new Vehicle, but I researched every midsize truck available. Frontier had the best bang for the buck. I've had a couple of issues but they were handled by the dealer with little trouble.

The 265 hp 284 tq V6 engine. The utilitrac bed system. Just a well built truck.

TMPS needs a little fine tuning for high altitude living. The truck has been to the dealer for ABS sensor (wiring routed incorrectly at factory) and blower resistor replacement

Nissan aced this truck
By Dwight

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Fords for over 12 years Great trucks but it was time for a change. The big thing was the fuel mpg for what i need a truck for a V8 is too much motor. If you need a kid hauler and you shop at Costco or Home Depot then you need to go test drive a Nismo crewcab. Mpg on highway has been 22.7 in town is 17 to 18. Good sound system every time I am out someone says NICE TRUCK.. I am so sold on this truck tons of power and fun to drive. Gooo drive one put your foot into it.

Spray-in Bedliner with the tie downs what a great idea. I think the read out in the dash in nice how many miles till empty average mpg. The storage under the rear seats is good to have plus you can get behind the rear seats to store stuff rear seat arm rest the kids love that

I really miss the outside temp guage on my Supercrew Nissan can you hear me!The tailgate needs a spring asst. like the Ford I cound use 1 finger to lift the gate on my ford.It is almost a two hand job with the Nissan.Add the radio to the power delay like the windows are.Other than that its a TEN :)