2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews 16

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Big 3 are in Big trouble...
By Omar on 01/08/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been thinking about this truck since it came out about a year ago. I just got a 2006 Nismo Crew Cab 4x4, and the words that come to mind are: It rocks!!! I live in Puerto Rico, and the roads here are HORRIBLE. I used to have a 2004 Altima 3.5, and as much as I loved that car, it could not handle the daily punishment of driving in PR. The Frontier is a different story. This truck was built for places like this. I never thought that bad roads, hills and potholes could be so much fun!! It drives almost like a car, but can go places I would never have dared to take my Altima. The Rockford Fosgate system is excellent. I am looking forward to thousands of miles of joy in this baby.

Great truck
By normm14 on 01/08/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck to drive. Incredibly powerful, and roomy. I commute 50 miles a day, and I love the commute in this truck. Great in the snow and rain. High up, and the tires are actually beefier then the rims. Gas mileage could be greater, but that is what you get when you buy a truck.

little truck with a big heart
By rossp on 01/06/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Acceleration and towing are a breeze with this truck. This one will definitely be in my garage for a few hundred thousand miles. If you want a little truck with big truck power this is the one!

Tacoma or NISMO Frontier....
By tsavo on 01/03/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On 12/31/05 I bought my my Storm Gray NISMO CC, and brought her home. Little things like the oil filter access plate integrated into the skid plate, thickness of plastic in the wheel wells, strength of the utili-track channels/tie-down cleats, engine response, utility, seating position, reliability, and past service (2002 Xterra SC)sealed the deal. Mine came with the Rockford Fosgate package and sunroof. I also have the bed extender, bed divider, and locking rear axle. This truck is incredible. Only complaint is the roof rack, too much noise when the sunroof is open. I tried to put a wind deflector on but it didn't fit with the roof rack. Other than that, couldn't be happier!

Fun to drive
By tsg2003 on 12/27/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I really enjoy this truck and am very happy with my purchase! The interior is very nice and the layout is excellent. There is plenty of room in the front, but barely any in the back of the access cab. This isn't a problem for me as I don't plan on having tons of people with me all the time, but be aware, space is sparse back there. The truck looks beautiful from the outside. Very rugged looking and certainly stands out in a crowd. So far gas mileage has been 14 mpg which is alright considering the power this truck has, but I was hoping to get 17-18 out of it. Again this is a great driving truck and I feel very comfortable in it. Get one!

Mini Titan is very good at most things
By adm77450 on 12/27/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned '05 Crew Cab LE 2WD for 2 1/2 months now. Overall very pleased with my purchase. Traded in '04 F150 Crew Cab and even though I gave up lots of interior space this truck is much easier to manuever abound Houston traffic. The bed divider/bed extender is very innovative and comes in handy a lot. Heated leather seats are fairly comfortable and give good support. Truck could handle a little better at highway speeds. Not sure if stability control is offered but would have been a good option to have. Getting about 19mpg combined so far. Has plenty of low end torque and lots of HP for the size.

LE Crew Cab Rocks!
By D on 12/16/05 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded My 01 Tacoma. Had a great experience so I decided to buy another one. After testing driving both vehicles I found the Frontier was better equipped for my needs. The Frontier has a great ride. Stiff but very stable. I don't feel the bounciness on the highway as the Tacoma did on my test drive. The transmission shifts are quick and precise. Comfort is great. Albeit the Tacoma scored better with their back seat. Price was the biggest deciding factor. The SR5 Tacoma costs almost $1500 more than my LE Crew Cab. The LE has far more options. I think the Frontier is a great bargain for what you get.