2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
nice but
By Henry on 02/08/06 04:10 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I only had this car for a couple of days but I can tell you its a nice medium truck but its not all it could be. For example the ride its horrible,very stiff to the point that i thougth it had something broken. It doesn't help that nissan uses the worst tires in the market, Generals. The gas mileage is between two or three miles below their estimate so prepare for it. there's no excuse that we are in the year 2006 and this car has these flaws

One Tough Nissan
By Harold on 02/02/06 21:52 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2003 Tacoma for Frontier Nismo. What a difference. The ride and drive have to be experienced. Very quiet running at highway speeds. So far, quality seems to be first rate. All the whistles and bells I wanted in a truck that isn't like every other truck on the road. Power to spare! Gas mileage not great, but close to estimate. I think Nissan got it right this time.

NISMO Believer
By GR on 01/31/06 11:29 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this truck. Solidly built with great performance. This engine is sweet - climbs the steepest hills in 5th gear like a champ!! Test drove the Tacoma but liked this better. The cabin is more spacious and laid out more sensibly. The sightlines and front window much better than the Toyota. 4 WD works great on ice and snow. Nice and stable. Getting just over 18 mpg with mixed driving. Glad the salesman talked me into the Rockford-Fosgate 6 changer CD. This stereo is a MUST for your truck.

Love everything but the interior
By rsrtampa on 01/30/06 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier is a great truck and I am very pleased with it. The power is more than adequate and the interior room is good. The handling is great and the road noise is very low for a truck. The interior is just boring. The controls are all in fairly good locations but the styling is just blah. There is no nice trim pieces and the seats are not as supportive as they should be.

Exceptional Truck
By Tracker 3 on 01/29/06 10:54 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2006 Nissan CC LE model and I love it. The stiffness of the frame and steering is a joy you can feel the quality. The interior is spacious and quality is apparent. Out of all the other brands out there that I test drove this truck was the tops. However I did not drive the Tacoma because I did not like the looks or the added price compared to the Nissan. I did not find the audio or leather packages as necessary so I went without it. The truck is excellent and drives like a dream. The 265 HP V6 really puts you back into your seat when you unleash all the ponies on the highway. It is a very comfortable truck to drive.

the best truck for the money
By chuck on 01/29/06 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think the 2wd Nismo is a lot of truck for the money, especially since I was able to get it for almost $3000 off sticker price. I drove the tundra, tacoma, and colorado, none of which even remotely interested me after I drove the Nissan. It has the feel of a full sized truck without the bulk. It handles well and has plenty of power on hand. The nismo 2wd does very well off road, and the locking diff comes in really handy on a slippery uphill section of dirt. The spartan cabin feels very refined and is very quiet offroad and on the highway. I love this truck!

so far so good
By mr bullit on 01/28/06 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

WOOT...does 265 Hp ever rip... best handling truck i have EVER driven. Very comfy seats,stereo leaves ALOT to be desired. this is my 4th frontier from this same dealership.

frontier '05
By steve on 01/25/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my truck other than a squeak its had since it was brand new that they have never been able to fix. seems like something in the suspension. mainly when going over bumps.

styling, power, roomy...i like it
By wes on 01/24/06 04:49 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is the first truck i've owned, and it's beat all my expectations...priced better than toyotas, roomier and more powerful too. nissan doesn't have the reputation of quality like toyota, but in my opinion, nissan is just as good if not better. time will tell, but resale values are improving on nissans because of it. great truck.

Big 3 are in Big trouble...
By Omar on 01/08/06 18:32 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been thinking about this truck since it came out about a year ago. I just got a 2006 Nismo Crew Cab 4x4, and the words that come to mind are: It rocks!!! I live in Puerto Rico, and the roads here are HORRIBLE. I used to have a 2004 Altima 3.5, and as much as I loved that car, it could not handle the daily punishment of driving in PR. The Frontier is a different story. This truck was built for places like this. I never thought that bad roads, hills and potholes could be so much fun!! It drives almost like a car, but can go places I would never have dared to take my Altima. The Rockford Fosgate system is excellent. I am looking forward to thousands of miles of joy in this baby.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.