2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: '06 NISMO lover

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

'06 NISMO lover
By Lew on

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my NISMO CC for 2.5 months,and now have 10,000+ miles on the odometer. I do not go off roading but my job does require me to make regular use of the NISMO's ground clearance as well as occasional use of the 4x4. This truck has performed flawlessly. To be blunt, I love this truck! People complain about the fuel mileage. I find it fair for a vehicle of it's weight and performance specs. My job entails highway and city driving and I average 15 to 16 MPG. Recently I took the NISMO on a 1600 mile round trip. Going out(VERY windy) I averaged only 18 MPG at 70 MPH+. The return trip with better weather and slightly higher speeds returned 20.2 MPG. This truck rates a 9.5 on a scale of 10!!

Outside appearance. Ground clearance. Frame strength. Utilitrac bed. Bed liner. All of the NISMO features. AND THE ENGINE!!!! Additionally, I basically live in my truck due to my job and I find it to be a very comfortable vehicle.

Redesign the mudflaps. As many have complained, I too am already worried about the stone chips on my rear fenders.