Used 2006 Nissan Frontier LE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Cool Truck!
By RM

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I traded in my Xterra for it. I got the last '06 at a great price, fully loaded. It has great style and is so fun to drive. I plan on towing with it and it obviously has great power. I look forward to long relationship with my truck!

Favorite Features

iPod interface, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, GPS option

Tacoma vs Frontier
By Mike

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months of comparing these two vehicles, the Frontier won! It cost much less than the Tacoma, it has more "git up and go", and has a more solid ride verses the bouncy feel I sensed in the Tacoma. I figured that the Frontier has far more horsepower and torque per pound in comparison to the other trucks. As an added bonus, my first round trip in the Bay Area freeways resulted an average 24.6 mpg on regular gas! City driving cuts into it at about 18.5 mpg. Though I miss the compass/temp read-out feature, the balance of the dashboard is laid out very thoughtfully. Some say that there's too much plastic in it but it's my work truck, who cares!

Favorite Features

MPG, power, and ride. It handles and turns quite well. I love the 17" tires on the LE. I think you get the most "bang for your buck" on this truck! By the way, I'm a former Chevy Silverado 2500 owner. I loved the big truck but not its gas mileage. I'm finding the downsizing to be no problem!

Suggested Improvements

Temp/compass feature, spray-on liner on rear gate, brighter vanity mirror lights, and perhaps a flatter surface on top of the console in-between the seats. Things which may make this vehicle nicer but things I'll do fine without!

Excellent Choice
By tmlhump

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Always had some type of pick up truck and needed more passenger room. Was able to easily find a Frontier with just the right options for me at a good price. The ride is smooth, small bumps do not exist, but you do feel the large ones. 4-wheel disc brakes stop you quickly. Very powerful & quick, especially for its class. Roomy for four people. The bed extender gives you close to 6' working space. Overall very pleased with my Frontier LE CC.

Favorite Features

All of the controls are very user friendly. The cargo tie down system is versatile. The Rockford stereo option is a must. I can listen to classic rock again! The styling is top notch.

Suggested Improvements

Need a more variety of textures in the interior materials, there is too much hard plastic everywhere. The back of the seats need grocery bag hooks and pouches.

Frontier - 4th of July fireworks..
By JS

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought it this last week and love it. It has a lot of get up and go. Very roomy for a King cab and feels very tough. It has all the features I wanted and it didn't break the bank. I compared the Toy and GMC and was not impressed with the option packs or the add on pricing for both of them.

Favorite Features

The look of a larger truck than it is.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the dash layout, hard to see with the steering wheel placement.

crashed 2005 bought 2006
By shelley mann

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my second frontier in 9 months both mid size. curently totaled 2005 frontier, rollover didn't hold up well, it was horrible i should have died, but i'm alive so i weighed the positive factors to the negative and chose another nissan FRONTIER 2006. it's so smooth, so powerful, it FEELS safe to be behind the wheel.i drive mountain roads it handles better than a car, all i want to do is drive all day long. you would too. the only thing i would change is put in a roll over cage to better protect occupants lives. nissan did a wonder job, it still saved my life.

Favorite Features

steering wheel, seats, dashboard displays, v-6 engine, air bag system, roof rails, side rails short bed with extender, rogford fosgate sound system, xm radio, demobiler, home linking, electric sunroof, large back seats, underneath seat storage, rear air vent, so much to list

Suggested Improvements

roll cage inside the cab, fix the blind spot, do SOMETHING about it ?