2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Sort Reviews by

Nismo quality
By captbanyan

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drive my Nismo pick up every day and just returned from a 2200 mile road trip with my wife and a Pomeranian. No back pains or discomfort. The powerful V6 ran 70s and 80s in all the southern states with a load in the bed. No heating probelems in Atlanta traffic jams. I had always driven Dodge Dakotas but I'm Nissan now!

Favorite Features

Body and interior design. Lumbar seats are great, and for its size the truck has plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Change CD player layout. Existing location collects dust at the entry point and hot southern sun cooks the unit through the windshield. Also needs low lighting in cruise control switches and coffee holder. Hard to find in the dark while driving.

After 5500 miles...
By Pat Mc

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove this new truck from Seattle to Anchorage, AK and overall really liked the performance and ride even at 80 on gravel and rocks. The mileage was good on the hiway, but now in town it's far less than it's rating of 15MPG, if the on board MPG gauge is to be believed. Faults: Oil is a major pain to change especially due skid plate, dipstick is flimsy and hard to insert, visors are loose, rear headrests obstruct vision, cant open door from back. Wiper needs variable control- needs interval between 1 & 5 sec. Windshield seems to have coating, (anti glare?) that is now full of scratches and wont clean up. No aftermarket rims for snowtires available, Nissan steel wheels are $275 ea! OUCH

Favorite Features

Great ride, sturdy feel. Impressive response from the automatic, I've driven a stick for 30 years. Bed rails are great for lashing down gear. Bilstein shocks worth the extra due frost heaves and potholes in Alaskan roads.

Suggested Improvements

Make oil filter more accessible, the engineers must hate mechanics. Improve gas mileage or don't lie about it. 13 MPG city driving with this 4.0 engine is a crime. Offer a Crew cab with a 6' bed, Toyota does. Make rear seat belts fit better, my kids fall out of them when we corner.

the best truck for the money
By chuck

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I think the 2wd Nismo is a lot of truck for the money, especially since I was able to get it for almost $3000 off sticker price. I drove the tundra, tacoma, and colorado, none of which even remotely interested me after I drove the Nissan. It has the feel of a full sized truck without the bulk. It handles well and has plenty of power on hand. The nismo 2wd does very well off road, and the locking diff comes in really handy on a slippery uphill section of dirt. The spartan cabin feels very refined and is very quiet offroad and on the highway. I love this truck!

Favorite Features

The locking differential!! Ample horsepower and torque. All of the storage compartmants and the ergonomics of the controls. High build quality.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything that I don't like yet. Gas mileage isn't great, but if you want a truck with some power you have to pay for it.