Used 2006 Nissan Frontier LE King Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great truck
By Mike

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought mew 10 yrs ago, been a reliable an well built truck. I sold this truck and bought another Frontier. This new one is even better!

Cool Truck!
By RM

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I traded in my Xterra for it. I got the last '06 at a great price, fully loaded. It has great style and is so fun to drive. I plan on towing with it and it obviously has great power. I look forward to long relationship with my truck!

iPod interface, heated seats

Fuel economy, GPS option

Tacoma vs Frontier
By Mike

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 3 months of comparing these two vehicles, the Frontier won! It cost much less than the Tacoma, it has more "git up and go", and has a more solid ride verses the bouncy feel I sensed in the Tacoma. I figured that the Frontier has far more horsepower and torque per pound in comparison to the other trucks. As an added bonus, my first round trip in the Bay Area freeways resulted an average 24.6 mpg on regular gas! City driving cuts into it at about 18.5 mpg. Though I miss the compass/temp read-out feature, the balance of the dashboard is laid out very thoughtfully. Some say that there's too much plastic in it but it's my work truck, who cares!

MPG, power, and ride. It handles and turns quite well. I love the 17" tires on the LE. I think you get the most "bang for your buck" on this truck! By the way, I'm a former Chevy Silverado 2500 owner. I loved the big truck but not its gas mileage. I'm finding the downsizing to be no problem!

Temp/compass feature, spray-on liner on rear gate, brighter vanity mirror lights, and perhaps a flatter surface on top of the console in-between the seats. Things which may make this vehicle nicer but things I'll do fine without!

Excellent Choice
By tmlhump

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Always had some type of pick up truck and needed more passenger room. Was able to easily find a Frontier with just the right options for me at a good price. The ride is smooth, small bumps do not exist, but you do feel the large ones. 4-wheel disc brakes stop you quickly. Very powerful & quick, especially for its class. Roomy for four people. The bed extender gives you close to 6' working space. Overall very pleased with my Frontier LE CC.

All of the controls are very user friendly. The cargo tie down system is versatile. The Rockford stereo option is a must. I can listen to classic rock again! The styling is top notch.

Need a more variety of textures in the interior materials, there is too much hard plastic everywhere. The back of the seats need grocery bag hooks and pouches.

Frontier - 4th of July fireworks..
By JS

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought it this last week and love it. It has a lot of get up and go. Very roomy for a King cab and feels very tough. It has all the features I wanted and it didn't break the bank. I compared the Toy and GMC and was not impressed with the option packs or the add on pricing for both of them.

The look of a larger truck than it is.

Improve the dash layout, hard to see with the steering wheel placement.