2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Mixed Feelings
By kevymckev on 02/01/13 17:25 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been the sole owner of my 06' SE Frontier since it rolled off the lot in July of 06'. The truck had a great V6 power & solid comfort and excellent affordability.My opinion changes after a serious accident with this truck. The key benefit was how well this truck absorbed a major collision. The truck immediatly lowered and reduced the impact i felt..preventing serious injury on my part. I love this truck for that.I have lost 100 miles to the tank of gas. Pre-Accident i was getting 350 miles per tank. Now i only get a meager 250. The power of my V6 has been reduced drastically.I have also replaced the battery 4 times with this truck. Only 100,000 miles on it.This truck had potential

The Last Nissan I'll ever buy!!!
By ineedatoyota12 on 09/27/12 18:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My engine light came on at 93K miles. I took it to the dealer they said they had to replace the catalytic convertor that cost me about 1K dollars. Within a week I’m driving down the road and loose power. I can’t go any faster than 20 or so mph and my engine light never even comes on. I should have marked my cat because it sounds like to me they never replaced it. How can a new cat fowl out that quick? Even if I was burning pure oil it would take longer than that to get blocked.

Transmission mismatch
By porsche on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

4 cyl. has little power, the truck weighs a lot. the gearing is poor for the engine powerband, gears are to tall, shifting puts you too low in the next gear/lugging badly. if the trans had 6 gears instead of five it may work. gas mileage at 20-21 mpg is poor for such a gutless power-plant. get the 6 cyl. and power is great and you will get 18-19 mpg.

2.5 L gutless wonder
By porsche habit on 08/14/10 01:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The most BASIC/cheapest xe, 4 cyl. Engine and trans are not a good match. Power and torque below 2500 rpm is terrible. Gas mileage with gas here in Hawaii is only 21 mpg. But again our fuel is 10% ethanol so straight gas would give you about 10% better average, so that would be about 23 mpg. It is a very heavy truck so the 4 cyl. Has to work hard and the mileage shows. The gear ratios are wrong, you have to wind it out or when you upshift it bogs down badly. A six speed would be more appropriate. Drives well, good brakes, BASIC interior, great reliability, good value for the buck. My friends with the same truck but 6 cyl. Love the power they got on tap but 6 cyl. Mileage is only 18 mpg.

Not like they used to be
By xcars on 07/18/10 10:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning this truck for a couple of days we knew we made a mistake. This truck gave a horrible ride on the back roads. It actually made us sick. Gas mileage was horrible. Also, we couldn't wait to get rid of it so after 2 mos. We traded it in for a Dodge. They gave us a good deal thank god we have also heard these trucks are costly for repairs, a lot of people we know who had Nissan frontiers didn't keep them very long for this reason, if you buy make sure to get a 3 day money back guarantee, I will say we got all our money back and plus on trade. Good luck.

Piece of junk
By big ron on 06/13/10 23:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I hate this truck, nothing but trouble. Every sensor went bad. Radiator went bad. Broke on inside one big mess Nissan would not fix. Transmission gone bad. Can't fine a new one. Will never buy another one. Should have stayed with Toyota

14,000 cluth burned out
By jerrygarner on 05/19/10 21:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I see another review, his clutch burned out at 12,000. Very unhappy, very difficult to see when backing up, had to remove headrest. Very sorry about this purchase, very unhappy with many factors. go back a second time before you buy, I should have listened.

Go anywhere!
By Ry on 05/01/10 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I commute 100 miles a day. 100,000 miles to date. Great on fuel & highway smooth. Through the foothills of the rocky mountains in wheel deep snow the 4x4 is perfect. No repairs only tires. I've driven/owned the others too. Buy this truck!

Great truck
By Frank on 01/16/10 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for 3 years and have 64K miles. I have only done normal maintenance and the first set of brake pads. Absolutely no issues at all. Plenty of power, great off road and long distance truck.

!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!
By andy on 08/24/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have the xe 4 cyl in an automatic, I swapped the tires and rims and this truck can do anything! Very very happy with my purchase... Just change the oil and go! Tuff truck! No problems and it just turned 43,000 miles. I bought it used, great gas mileage for a truck... Can tow, haul anything I throw at it! Just love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.