Used 2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great truck
By Mike

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought mew 10 yrs ago, been a reliable an well built truck.

Mixed Feelings
By kevymckev

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been the sole owner of my 06' SE Frontier since it rolled off the lot in July of 06'. The truck had a great V6 power & solid comfort and excellent affordability.My opinion changes after a serious accident with this truck. The key benefit was how well this truck absorbed a major collision. The truck immediatly lowered and reduced the impact i felt..preventing serious injury on my part. I love this truck for that.I have lost 100 miles to the tank of gas. Pre-Accident i was getting 350 miles per tank. Now i only get a meager 250. The power of my V6 has been reduced drastically.I have also replaced the battery 4 times with this truck. Only 100,000 miles on it.This truck had potential

The Last Nissan I'll ever buy!!!
By ineedatoyota12

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My engine light came on at 93K miles. I took it to the dealer they said they had to replace the catalytic convertor that cost me about 1K dollars. Within a week Iím driving down the road and loose power. I canít go any faster than 20 or so mph and my engine light never even comes on. I should have marked my cat because it sounds like to me they never replaced it. How can a new cat fowl out that quick? Even if I was burning pure oil it would take longer than that to get blocked.

Saves me gas because I'm not able to drive it.

Learn from Toyota.

Transmission mismatch
By porsche

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

4 cyl. has little power, the truck weighs a lot. the gearing is poor for the engine powerband, gears are to tall, shifting puts you too low in the next gear/lugging badly. if the trans had 6 gears instead of five it may work. gas mileage at 20-21 mpg is poor for such a gutless power-plant. get the 6 cyl. and power is great and you will get 18-19 mpg.

cheap price

see above- better trans match to power-plant

2.5 L gutless wonder
By porsche habit

2006 Nissan Frontier King Cab XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The most BASIC/cheapest xe, 4 cyl. Engine and trans are not a good match. Power and torque below 2500 rpm is terrible. Gas mileage with gas here in Hawaii is only 21 mpg. But again our fuel is 10% ethanol so straight gas would give you about 10% better average, so that would be about 23 mpg. It is a very heavy truck so the 4 cyl. Has to work hard and the mileage shows. The gear ratios are wrong, you have to wind it out or when you upshift it bogs down badly. A six speed would be more appropriate. Drives well, good brakes, BASIC interior, great reliability, good value for the buck. My friends with the same truck but 6 cyl. Love the power they got on tap but 6 cyl. Mileage is only 18 mpg.

price, reliability

proper engine and transmission mating

• SUV