2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Avoid NISSAN!
By cghoffpauir on 10/25/12 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In May of 2012 the radiator failed on this truck and we had it replaced at the cost of $1000.00. My son drove this truck for three months after the radiator repair and then the transmission failed. We had it towed to the dealership and were told that the repair cost was going to be $7,300.00. We did some research and called about six or seven transmission shops in town and found one that could do the repairs for $4,500.00. So we had the truck towed to a new shop. The shop owner is very familiar with the “defect” and knows exactly what to do to repair it.

I love my truck!!
By South Carolina Pride on 12/01/07 17:09 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 29,500 miles on my Nismo Crew 4x2. White with Charcoal interior, tow package, audio upgrade (rockford fosgate 6 disc cd/sub-woofer), power sun-roof, bed-divider/extender. This truck handles well and looks great! I get compliments all the time on this truck. A lot of power. I upgraded the exhaust with a magna-flow exhaust with steel tip pipe adding a nice little growl and about 10 more horses. Plan on adding the air-raid air system/filter for more HP and increased fuel economy. This truck is a KEEPER!!

Nissan aced this truck
By Dwight on 09/25/06 23:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Fords for over 12 years Great trucks but it was time for a change. The big thing was the fuel mpg for what i need a truck for a V8 is too much motor. If you need a kid hauler and you shop at Costco or Home Depot then you need to go test drive a Nismo crewcab. Mpg on highway has been 22.7 in town is 17 to 18. Good sound system every time I am out someone says NICE TRUCK.. I am so sold on this truck tons of power and fun to drive. Gooo drive one put your foot into it.

Killer
By Stu on 08/15/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger was starting to die on me (150k) so it was time for an upgrade. After testing out the Taco, F-150, Ridgeline & Titan, I was sold on the Frontier. It was the most comfortable to my frame(5'6"), plenty burly and looks killer (the wife was pleased). Being in Houston I didn't even ask about 4WD (would have been a special order), but at least I got the NISMO which is kind of like 3WD with the limited slip rear and nice clearance etc. The only knocks I have are that it always makes a clunking noise in the front when I start out in the morning, the doors swing way wide open and the steering is quite wide and somewhat sluggish feeling at low speeds. Wish I'd gotten the Rockford sound.

Love everything but the interior
By rsrtampa on 01/30/06 09:28 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier is a great truck and I am very pleased with it. The power is more than adequate and the interior room is good. The handling is great and the road noise is very low for a truck. The interior is just boring. The controls are all in fairly good locations but the styling is just blah. There is no nice trim pieces and the seats are not as supportive as they should be.

Tacoma or NISMO Frontier....
By tsavo on 01/03/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On 12/31/05 I bought my my Storm Gray NISMO CC, and brought her home. Little things like the oil filter access plate integrated into the skid plate, thickness of plastic in the wheel wells, strength of the utili-track channels/tie-down cleats, engine response, utility, seating position, reliability, and past service (2002 Xterra SC)sealed the deal. Mine came with the Rockford Fosgate package and sunroof. I also have the bed extender, bed divider, and locking rear axle. This truck is incredible. Only complaint is the roof rack, too much noise when the sunroof is open. I tried to put a wind deflector on but it didn't fit with the roof rack. Other than that, couldn't be happier!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.