2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Woulda Coulda Shoulda
By john smith on 02/21/07 19:52 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Clutch burned out before 12,000 miles, mechanic would not talk to me directly about the issue, in shop 3 times for over 30 days and still not resolved.. no loaner while in shop, clutch not working under 32 degreesF, hard to see out when backing up, small mirrors with no factory extensions nor aftermarket accessories for towing, no low rpm torque for trailer towing even at 1/2 of advertised towing ability. Very disappointed after 4 previous Nissan's. Am 7,000 upside down after one year and truck back in shop for estimated 2 weeks of repairs! Rental CAR costs me $50 a day in the mean time. Is putting me out of business and NMAC is happy to be closed in evenings... be wary!

Great Truck
By TM on 11/21/06 08:28 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I've owned a Toyota and believe me it is a Toy compared to the Frontier.

5 star
By thejoker009 on 11/20/06 18:13 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun mid-size truck with full size feel. The power is perfect for this truck. Love driving it.

Great truck!!
By Terry on 09/26/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck, fun to drive. First new Vehicle, but I researched every midsize truck available. Frontier had the best bang for the buck. I've had a couple of issues but they were handled by the dealer with little trouble.

Performance on sale
By Andy from Atlanta on 08/28/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am a previous Frontier owner (I got a 2001 crew cab as well) and Nissan did its homework with this one. A lot more power, more room and more fun to drive. I am getting 24+ miles per galon on regular unleaded. I tried Tacomas and Ridgelines and they are not even close. I got V8 power in a V6 package at a V4 price.

the frontier and me.
By mahoot on 07/14/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

very easy to get in and out of. cloth seating area seems to stay clean. left foot rest and steering wheel surface feels comfortable when behind wheel.

I love it
By RMichael on 05/22/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy driving it. I got plenty of torque at low RPM, great low gear ratio in 1st and economical yet still with lots of power 6th. Don't get me wrong there's a lot that I would like improved but for the price it's a solid, fun to ride pickup(it's too new to say how reliable it is...) Before I got it I testdrove Tundra and in my opinion the only thing going for toyota might be the build quality. Toyota sways more when cornering, engine is weak at low RPMs and siting is somehow...weird. That's just my opinion of course.

Superb truck +1
By Thomas Lawson on 04/30/06 14:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck has been wonderful. There is plenty of room for our sons in the back seat even on 200+ mile trips to see family. The is superb power and even pulls the 6500 lb towing without a problem but make sure you have trailer brakes if going very far. This is by no means a "compact" truck with the ample room over the previous Frontiers. I am running Mobil 1 synthetic and Nissan says,even though they recommend standard crude in the owners manual, that this is okay for warranty. I work at Nissan with guys that oversee engine testing they say these 4.0 are just about bullet proof.

excelent truck for fun ride..
By fahri on 04/29/06 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

that's the first time i'm having brand new truck in my life. I love to drive it around. plus it's fun inside outside everything just perfect..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.