Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Avoid NISSAN!
By cghoffpauir

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In May of 2012 the radiator failed on this truck and we had it replaced at the cost of $1000.00. My son drove this truck for three months after the radiator repair and then the transmission failed. We had it towed to the dealership and were told that the repair cost was going to be $7,300.00. We did some research and called about six or seven transmission shops in town and found one that could do the repairs for $4,500.00. So we had the truck towed to a new shop. The shop owner is very familiar with the “defect” and knows exactly what to do to repair it.

Favorite Features

However one of the parts needed MUST be ordered from Nissan. So he ordered it, we waited two weeks when it came in it was damaged damaged and couldn’t be used. So the owner of the shop called Nissan and reported the damaged part and was told that a new one would be sent out and when he received the new one to return the damaged one and that we should receive the new one in seven to ten days. That conversation was on 10/3/2012. Last week (10/17/2012) he called to check on the part because he hasn’t received it yet and was told they are on backorder now and they can’t give him a ship date.

Suggested Improvements

He was told that there are 27 on backorder and in that list we are number 10 that it could be seven to ten days or it could be a month. WOW such wonderful customer service! I will never buy another Nissan product and I will make sure that everyone I know or who ever will listen won't buy a Nissan either.

I love my truck!!
By South Carolina Pride

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 29,500 miles on my Nismo Crew 4x2. White with Charcoal interior, tow package, audio upgrade (rockford fosgate 6 disc cd/sub-woofer), power sun-roof, bed-divider/extender. This truck handles well and looks great! I get compliments all the time on this truck. A lot of power. I upgraded the exhaust with a magna-flow exhaust with steel tip pipe adding a nice little growl and about 10 more horses. Plan on adding the air-raid air system/filter for more HP and increased fuel economy. This truck is a KEEPER!!

Favorite Features

Power, power sunroof, rockford fosgate sound system --- just a quality ride!! With rising fuel costs, mid size truck with full size power.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm... if any, a more appealing dash design.

Nissan aced this truck
By Dwight

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned Fords for over 12 years Great trucks but it was time for a change. The big thing was the fuel mpg for what i need a truck for a V8 is too much motor. If you need a kid hauler and you shop at Costco or Home Depot then you need to go test drive a Nismo crewcab. Mpg on highway has been 22.7 in town is 17 to 18. Good sound system every time I am out someone says NICE TRUCK.. I am so sold on this truck tons of power and fun to drive. Gooo drive one put your foot into it.

Favorite Features

Spray-in Bedliner with the tie downs what a great idea. I think the read out in the dash in nice how many miles till empty average mpg. The storage under the rear seats is good to have plus you can get behind the rear seats to store stuff rear seat arm rest the kids love that

Suggested Improvements

I really miss the outside temp guage on my Supercrew Nissan can you hear me!The tailgate needs a spring asst. like the Ford I cound use 1 finger to lift the gate on my ford.It is almost a two hand job with the Nissan.Add the radio to the power delay like the windows are.Other than that its a TEN :)

Killer
By Stu

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My Ranger was starting to die on me (150k) so it was time for an upgrade. After testing out the Taco, F-150, Ridgeline & Titan, I was sold on the Frontier. It was the most comfortable to my frame(5'6"), plenty burly and looks killer (the wife was pleased). Being in Houston I didn't even ask about 4WD (would have been a special order), but at least I got the NISMO which is kind of like 3WD with the limited slip rear and nice clearance etc. The only knocks I have are that it always makes a clunking noise in the front when I start out in the morning, the doors swing way wide open and the steering is quite wide and somewhat sluggish feeling at low speeds. Wish I'd gotten the Rockford sound.

Favorite Features

I love the look and the way it drives off-road (even @ 2WD). Fits me well and performs all the functions I need it to.

Suggested Improvements

Utilitrack is cool but it would be nice to have a locking device on it; makes it tough to secure stuff and I've already had something ripped from the bed.

Love everything but the interior
By rsrtampa

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Frontier is a great truck and I am very pleased with it. The power is more than adequate and the interior room is good. The handling is great and the road noise is very low for a truck. The interior is just boring. The controls are all in fairly good locations but the styling is just blah. There is no nice trim pieces and the seats are not as supportive as they should be.

Favorite Features

The power and the good looks (on the outside).

Suggested Improvements

Nissan really needs to upgrade the interior. Better seats!