Used 2006 Nissan Frontier SE Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Gas or no gas???......that is the recall !!
By Lowell Crabtree

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, I bought a 2006 with 66,500 miles. Test drive started out great but after about 10 miles the gas gauge appeared to be empty an the check engine light came on. I quickly pulled into a gas station and put in $10$. To my surprise the gas gauge indicator showed 3/4 full. On returning the truck the owner he mentioned he had that issue for approximately 3 years. Had heard there might be a recall. Well The next day verified the error code was diagnosed. Found the recall on the internet an contacted local Nissan dealer. Well talk about a run around.....I was informed my truck did not have this recall even though the recall outlined was exactly the problem. I had the recall fixed ($500 out of pocket).....then was informed by the service manager to replace my radiator because the coolant and transmission fluid could leak an cause transmission failure. Bought a new radiator an in the process of replacing. In the very near future my family will out of the Nissan business.....wife drives one now....but it want last long in our driveway. An to think I was about to consider buying the new Nissian Titan Diesel.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda
By john smith

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Clutch burned out before 12,000 miles, mechanic would not talk to me directly about the issue, in shop 3 times for over 30 days and still not resolved.. no loaner while in shop, clutch not working under 32 degreesF, hard to see out when backing up, small mirrors with no factory extensions nor aftermarket accessories for towing, no low rpm torque for trailer towing even at 1/2 of advertised towing ability. Very disappointed after 4 previous Nissan's. Am 7,000 upside down after one year and truck back in shop for estimated 2 weeks of repairs! Rental CAR costs me $50 a day in the mean time. Is putting me out of business and NMAC is happy to be closed in evenings... be wary!

21 mpg highway

visibility, larger mirrors, more low end torque, no more manual tranny for ME with no torque.. impossible even without trailer to take off without emergency brake and possibly spilling my drink. No cruise is very irritating. For $23,000... not much truck. Regret purchase

Great Truck
By TM

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I've owned a Toyota and believe me it is a Toy compared to the Frontier.

Bed

Interior quality. Too much hard plastic.

5 star
By thejoker009

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun mid-size truck with full size feel. The power is perfect for this truck. Love driving it.

body design

more standard features

Great truck!!
By Terry

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great truck, fun to drive. First new Vehicle, but I researched every midsize truck available. Frontier had the best bang for the buck. I've had a couple of issues but they were handled by the dealer with little trouble.

The 265 hp 284 tq V6 engine. The utilitrac bed system. Just a well built truck.

TMPS needs a little fine tuning for high altitude living. The truck has been to the dealer for ABS sensor (wiring routed incorrectly at factory) and blower resistor replacement