2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Wouldn't trade it for anything

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Wouldn't trade it for anything else
By fronteeer on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm so glad I bought this truck. I'm the kind of guy who trades vehicles every few years, but the Frontier will have to be pried from my cold, dead hands. During the second year I was concerned about its quality because of a few manufacturing defects that showed up, but Nissan handled them with impeccable professionalism and I haven't had any problems since. It is the first year of this new model, so some issues are to be expected. That aside, the reliability and capability of this truck has been nothing short of outstanding. I have an old Honda that I drive when I'm not towing or hauling, so the fuel economy isn't a major issue for me. When I need the power, it's there, no compromises.

Very strong engine, capable 4WD, Utili-trak system and spray-on bedliner, predictable sportscar-like handling with very little body roll or over/understeer, exterior styling, crew cab, interior materials (particularly the seat fabric) is of very high quality and is very durable.

Front tires sling rocks at rear fenders, so without step bars to protect the rear fenders they will be full of chips. A/T tires make it worse. Galvanization, if any, is too thin as paint chips tend to rust quickly. Plastic fenders like the Taco, or at least factory-applied 3M tape, would help a lot.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review