2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: The right midsize truck for th

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

The right midsize truck for the job.
By A. Martin on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 265HP engine is very responsive. The truck handles as well as many passenger cars. Excellent for Hwy and city driving. Fuel economy is avg, but much better than my wife’s 2002 SC Xterra, and it runs on 87 octane well. The 5 speed automatic transmission shifts very smooth and does so when I would want to. (I have always been a manual guy until now.) The exterior is very nice with less “plastic” than on some new trucks and previous frontiers. The spray on bed liner is first rate with a great rail system for securing cargo. The interior is made of very high quality materials and the fit and finish is grade “A”. If you don’t like plastic you may not like it as much as I do.

Responsive Engine, smooth transmission, comfortable well laid out interior, rugged looks, fine factory radio, useful bed with a rugged sprayed on liner, good value, runs well on 87 octane..

The power package is odd. It does not include keyless entry. But… if you have a remote fob from other late model Nissans, you can program it to accept it and add keyless entry yourself. (I used a remote for my wife’s 2002 xterra. Very simple to do and does not require tools.)