2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Still my favorite vehicle

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Still my favorite vehicle
By fronteeer on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After about a year and a half of owning this truck, I love it even more than when it was new, because I've had a chance to haul and tow with it, I've routinely driven it in deep snow, taken it off-road, and loaded and unloaded an ATV and a motorcycle several times. After 47,000 Km (~29,200 mi) I've really come to appreciate the incredible balance Nissan has struck between car-like handling and performance, and truck-like utility. This is my daily commuter, and I can't say enough about the comfort, handling, versatility, and that incredible engine. I'm glad I bought a mid-size. I get great MPG and I can pull a 30ft. camping trailer with an ATV in the back and three passengers with luggage.

Tough, durable bedliner; useful tie-downs; under-seat storage and folding options; comfortable front seats; superb handling; quiet interior; fantastic in snow w/4WD; big tires and rims; traction control; solid build quality and materials; sporty and responsive steering and suspension for a truck.

All Nissan needs to do to create the perfect blend of car, truck and SUV, is add a few inches of legroom to the rear seats and recline the seat backs a little more. The bodywork should be less prone to chips, dents and scratches. One shouldn't have to keep adjusting the heat and A/C for comfort.