Started out amazing, but...
By fronteeer on
2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I've written a few favorable reviews about this truck, but it's had a few major problems and I'm afraid it might become a liability soon, since the b2b warranty's gone and the power train is close. Nissan replaced the entire HVAC unit because it only worked on hot and cold, and they couldn't fix it. I recently had a belt and tensioner changed to get rid of a loud squeak when idling cold. The fuel gauge went nuts and I had to have everything changed from the gauge back. Now there's a loud clunk coming from the drive train when I accelerate while turning, in both 4x2 and 4x4. Sometimes the steering wheel pulls so hard to one side after turning, I have to basically stop and let it go.
Favorite Features
Great looking truck, very powerful, comfortable, sporty handling, configurable seating/cargo space, big wheels and tires, very high quality breathable seat fabric, towing and cargo capacity.
Suggested Improvements
More room in the back, better rear seat angle, more resilient paint and galvanized metal to avoid chips and rust, improved reliability. Mine might be worse than others, but if others are using this truck off-road and not breaking it, I'd be very surprised.