2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Sportscar with truck bed

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Sportscar with truck bed
By JimInFLA on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 Frontier 2wd used w/ about 10k miles. Traded in an '02 Chevy Avalanche. It was great but the gas was killin' me and we don't need the 4wd in FL. My Fronty has plenty o' power... it's like a sportscar w/a truck bed, I swear! I love the bed's adjustable tiedown system. Not crazy about the roofrack but it does have a sunroof that is nice, although I mostly run the A/C. I'm a lead foot and I can get about 17-19 mpg doing about 75-85 mph on the highway. It's squirrely in the rain b/c it's sort of light in the backend like my old '98 2dr Tahoe. The front seats are uncomfortable on long road trips. They also need to redo the center console so you have an elbow rest.

Good strong engine. Tiedown system in the bed. A/C runs good. Gas mileage isn't bad for a truck.

Need to be heavier in the backend, the rearend can get slippery in the rain. The front seats stink! The lumbar hurts your back afte riding for hours and I feel like they make you sit too close to the windshield, too far forward. They also need to redesign the center console. It's too far back!