2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Excellent truck so far

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

Nismo King Cab (4.0L V6 4x4 6-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Excellent truck so far
By bosox on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the truck is great and I love it.There are a few annoyances though. One is the passenger side jump seat flops down under hard braking or bumpy conditions (Still happens periodically even with the upgraded seat locks from Nissan).Second there are some squeaks, rattles, and vibrations, especially around my rear sliding window when it is open. Third and most annoying is that if I'm coasting in neutral or I have the clutch pushed in the transmission rattles when going over bumps. It's really anoying on the trail and rough dirt roads. My dealer supposedly tested another manual frontier and said it was normal. Fourth is that the front of the truck picks up lots of bugs in the summer.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, performance/ power, spray on bedliner, utili track system, multiple storage areas in cab, cruise control and radio operations on the steering wheel, leather wrapped steering wheel, saftey features.

Suggested Improvements

Lockable glove compartments and/or center console, 120v AC plug(s) in cab and bed, get rid of that car seat extension device on the rear passenger jump seat, it makes the seat top heavy when folded up and causes it to flop down. (I would have bought the crew cab if I need room for car seats)