Still very happy one year later
By psl on
2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I realize one year is hardly a long-term test (even though the magazines call it long-term). Still, it's long enough to shake out the bugs and recover from any love-at-first-drive infatuation. I still love driving this truck! The handling beats any 4WD vehicle I've tried, and it has so much power and torque it still sometimes surprises me. The 6- spd gives me the best of both worlds: a very low 1st gear for the steep terrain I live in and for towing, and an overdrive 6th for high-speed rural interstate driving without killing the gas mpg. Besides, the stick is just a blast to control; I'll never buy an automatic unless there is no other choice. No regrets about my purchase!
Favorite Features
* Handling; the feel of the suspension and steering. It's now the Frontier that should have the slogan, "Oh, what a feeling!" * That 6-spd transmission. * The torque and hp. * The all-metal cargo bed AND cargo tracks/ cleats--no plastic. * The good mpg FOR ITS SIZE AND WEIGHT CLASS.
Suggested Improvements
* Rear wheel fender bulges get pitted from just normal road use (sprayback from the front tires)-- truck needs longer mudflaps or redesigned sheetmetal back there. * My spray-on bedliner had air bubbles, blobs, and gaps. * Offer a longbed (7 to 8 ft) regular-cab configuration in the V6 models.