2005 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Oh what a feeling .

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Oh what a feeling . . . Nissan!!!
By madcow_mtn_biker on

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Simply put the 2005 Nissan Frontier is an excellent truck at an even better price. It is far less expensive than a comparable Toyota Tacoma. The new V6 with automatic are a smooth and powerful combo. The frame is solid and the 4WD works great (I just tried it out in a blizzard). The base LE model has all the options most people will ever need. I am 6'3 and even with the front seat all the way back there is room for me to sit it the backseat. this truck is a tremendous improvement over many other 'small' trucks. Although I haven't used the utilitrack system yet it appears to be very well thought out and the adjustable tie downs are perfect for securing cargo. Also, the dealership was the best i've ever dealt with.

Favorite Features

I love the styling although not everyone might. It is very rugged looking yet has plenty of refinement, the engine and drivetrain are outstanding. I compared this truck a lot to the Tacoma and the shifting in Nissans automatic felt less jerky than the Toyota's.

Suggested Improvements

People will complain about the mileage, but hey it's a 4WD pickup truck with a lot of power, oh yeah it only uses regular gas no need for high octane!!! I get about 14 mpg right now and thats with using the 4WD in a blizzard and i'm still breaking her in!