Not Quite Good Enough
By alko on
2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
This review is specifically for the 2x4 Crew Cab SE w/ 6-speed tranny. This truck looks nice and has nice features in and out and the interior controls and gauges are well thought out, but threr are a couple of things I dislike. The front suspension is so stiff that it does nothing to absorb the freeway bumps and constantly throws my body from side to side on uneven terrain such as dips and driveways. The tires take all the abuse bouncing over the bumps. It's almost unbearable. The other thing I dislike is the electronic throttle control which has a decceleration delay of about 1 second and makes smooth shifting very hard to master. I just don't understand the thinking behind this.
Favorite Features
Exterior looks. Super super quiet even at high speeds. Easy to maneuver in the ever-shinking parking lots. Although the interior is kind of bland, it's very comfortable and everything is well placed. Not a bad sounding sound system with descent bass.
Suggested Improvements
Suspension/handling, A more positive throttle response. Interior materials. vent controls. Gas lid spring that actually holds the lid open. That's all so far.