Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

"Unfortunately my Wife LOVES it!!!
By Tim

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to put some miles and seasons on my new 4x4 before I gave my review. I love it more now than when I 1st bout it. I used to own a Chevy S10 4x4 that I had to put in reverse to engage the 4x4--a real pain!!! With this 4x4on the fly, I can't wait for it to snow. It's got great ground clearance and cuts through deep snow like butter! My wife uses any excuse to drive it, I can't get her out of it. I love the spray-in bedliner with the util-trac rails. With the bed extender i go from a 5' to 6'bed. Interior is very comfortable and a smooth ride. 265hp acceleration very powerful. test drove dodge durango as well. NO comparison. Gas mileage @16- 20. Could use heated outside anti-fog mirrors

Favorite Features

auto dimming mirror w/temp/compass. sray-in bedliner with UTIL-trac rails. the V-6 265hp engine. Seats are really comfortable with plenty of room. Everything's Great!!!

Suggested Improvements

They should copy the Honda Ridgelines trunk in the bed w/electric outlet. I had top of line Frontier LE but no heated anti-fog mirrors, could use that. And possibly a remote controlled WIFE ejection seat!

Piece of Junk - Never again
By toyman15

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I'd save a few thousand by buying a NISSAN over a TOYOTA, and thought the Nissan would be reliable like the Toyota. No way. First 30k miles the fuel sender went. $400. Then the windshield washer tank sprung a leak. Now, at 80K miles the transmission went, cause the trans cooler in the radiator cracked, allowing a transfer of fluids between cooling system & trans. $4500. Not to mention missed work, time wasted, etc.

Favorite Features

Good power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, reliability & reliability.

Chinese Firedrill
By fpkarau

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a company vehicle used extensively offroad. Performs well off road. It comes without skid plate and managed to tear oil pan off first 2 months we had it going through a mud hole on a construction site that every other rig on the mountain traversed without incident. Aluminum rim destroyed first month and needed to replace all stock tires as well as they are junk. Most irritating thing about this unit is that is has no keyless entry yet only one key tumbler in drivers side door only. Result is that if you want to enter vehicle from passenger side you have to do a "Chinese firedrill" around the truck to open unit from driver's side door and return to passenger side. Moronic design.

Clutch Problem
By Margaret Calenda

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The clutch "got burned out" according to the dealer here in Asheville, NC. I have been driving stick shifts since I was 16 (I'm 57), have driven trucks and cars over 125,000 miles and owned for over nine years. Have NEVER had a clutch problem. Something's wrong here.

Favorite Features

Alerts and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

CLUTCH!!!!!!! and gas mileage

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4cyl Auto
By EYECAT

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2005 in Jan-06 in Jun- 07 I have 80,000 miles on it. This is my 5th Nissan I have purchased for use in my business and the only major thing I have ever replaced was a clutch at 200,000 miles. My last was a 1997 & I replaced 2 clutches, a starter & alternator. I traded it at 487,000 miles & the others were over 300,000 miles. I got them all from the same dealership. Now at 80,000 miles the transmission seal leaks & the flange in rear-end went. Nissan dealer said it would take 10days to get the part. The same dealer sent my mechanic the wrong part 3X. After 2 wks & 20 calls to corp. no one returns my calls & no answers when they'll have the right part made, no loaner.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks good

Suggested Improvements

Truck too large for a 4 cylinder. Corporate & dealership needs better customer service. Gas milage is terrible only 20mpg (my 1997 got 28mpg with 487000 miles)