2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
nissan frontier
By mark on 04/25/05 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

the little engine that could, it pulls a 3800 pound bass boat in wv mountains, no problems. I still get great mpgs, and I have given zero power away to a "fool" size pickup, this is my first Nissan, I have previously been sold on Toyota, but the Frontier kicks its tail.

Fun truck to drive
By Ted on 04/23/05 08:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 05 Frontier is the replacement for a 91 Nissan pick up that I have driven since new. Needless to say, there's a HUGE change here. The physical size of the truck is about the same size as the Dodge Dakota. The power is great for the size of the vehicle and it pulls a trailer like there's nothing back there. The suspension is a little stiff as you would expect from the off road package. I would like a little better gas milage, but i get about 16.6 avg. which isn't terrible. Interior is roomey, but some tall (6'-4") people aren't going to be comfortable. Build quality so far has been nearly flawless. I had to have the spring on the gas tank door re-set, but that's the only prob so far.

4th Frontier 2005
By Larry on 04/21/05 23:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just took delivery of a 2005 Frontier L.E. This is my 4th Nissan truck in the last 14 years.The previous ones were all 4 cyl versions. This one is the v6 and what a difference that makes.The new v6 is great.Loads of power and the 5 speed trans. shifts smoothly.Only have 500 miles at this point but every thing is working as planned. About 19 mpg so that falls short of the older 4 cyl models but the extra power is worth it I think.

Consumers Dream
By Gary Hooper on 04/12/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love to drive this vehicle. First new truck I've ever had and I'm 50. I live in a rural area with dirt roads and you can't tell where the dirt ends and the pavement begins. I've taken it through thick mud and water with no problem in handling. The 4 speed automatic transmission shifts without you even noticing. I've filled the bed with bricks and lumber and it still handles like it was empty. This truck was made for Home Depot runs. I love the interior. I have never seen an interior fabric like this. Excellant! I think my next truck will be a Nissan if this one ever wares out.

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE
By Grenadar on 04/11/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our new Frontier LE is an absolute joy to drive. The powerful engine is incredible, yet the ride is quite comfortable around town or on the freeway. The interior is extremely well thought-out, with compartments everwhere and with (mostly) well- placed controls for the driver. The seats are comfortably supportive. The factory bedliner with Utili-track system is extremely versatile for carrying almost anything and the locking tailgate latches nicely with no concious thought required (unlike my brother's Ford Ranger). I've only had it a month so I cannot comment on reliability yet. I am only getting 22 mpg on freeway trips, but at least it can use regular gas without a problem. Looks nice, too.

First time pickup owner
By T on 04/02/05 12:17 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had a '05 Escape Limited... the Frontier exceeds all that vehicle in all areas. Muscular look, excellent quality... I love it!

Nismo V6 King Cab
By duker51 on 03/22/05 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice truck. Roomy, seats are comfy, handles very well, and looks rad. This truck is very solid. Good room and visability from all angles. The engine and trans work well together, smooth and powerful. Off roading is awesome. The Nismo was built for this and it work very well. Locking Rear, VDC, 4-Wheel Limited slip, all perform admirable!

Nissans done it right!!!!
By todd on 03/14/05 18:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice size truck. The king cab is perfect for a single guy like myself. The perfect get up and go. I liked the price too. V-8 power with V-6 gas mileage. Awesome! Just go test drive it and you'll buy one too.

Whole lota truck in a little package!!!!
By Blekaxe on 03/12/05 18:28 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best truck I have ever had period! Gas mileage is the only complaint, but makes up for that with power. The RF stereo in this baby rocks!

nissan drew the line
By mike on 03/11/05 06:30 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have to say this truck is such a delight to drive thumbs up where ever I go. a radar detector might be in order