Used 2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

features
By fred

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disappointed it did not come with safety remote key entry, rides a little rough. First time pick-up owner I expected more comfort. After purchase dispointed in jump seats instead of 4 seats. Bad choice on my part. Color was not first choice but acceptible. Overall pickup is very good and enjoy a lot. pricing of basic vehicle color should not change options or price.

Suggested Improvements

Comfort of seating I think could be a great improvement. Seems a little stiff and rough on not so smooth streets.

Still early, but a great truck
By amram80

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a full size Chevy to get better gas mileage. So far, so good. I'm getting about 4 to 5 more miles per gallon, which in my case translates to about 40 to 50 dollars of savings per month.

Favorite Features

Tight sporty feel, and good gas mileage for the type of vehicle. Creature comforts are nice too. Well designed interior. The computer on board is a big help in driving for maximum economy.

Suggested Improvements

The seat comfort could be a little better, and I'm not sure I would even bother putting in those fold down seats in the King cabs.

2005 Nissan Frontier SE 4x2
By Joe

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have put almost 13,000 miles on this truck since purchasing new in Aug. 2005. The milage is a good mix of highway and city driving. Overall the truck is a solid performer. I haven't hauled anything really heavy but what I have hauled did not strain it in the least. The cockpit has a real nice feel with easy access to everything. Plenty of storage space for all the junk you would need to carry. Driving on the highway is great at higher speeds. It doesn't have a lack of get up and go. Short hauls with passengers is about all I would suggest. The seats are comfortable. Overall craftsmanship is top notch.

Favorite Features

Power and comfort. I love the six speed manual. That was one of the biggest selling points for me. The standard package on the SE is great.

Suggested Improvements

This thing is very hard to park. I have driven many trucks in my time and this one has to be the worst. The fuel economy isn't bad but I wish it where a little better. This one gets better mpg than my previous 2002 Frontier SE King Cab 4 cyl. 5 speed. It has a bad blind spot on the drivers side.

best truck ever
By Mikey_Missles_41102

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is by far the best truck i've ever owned. no more american made for me!!!

Favorite Features

a 4.0 liter V6 that crushes most V8s

Suggested Improvements

higher suspension, factory supercharger

My first nissan
By BOBRAT

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first foreign vehicle. Always been a chevy man. Worked for gm for over 23 years. I love this truck. The 265 hoarses are great. I may never go off-road, but i know if i have to, i can. And i can't wait for a serious snow storm!!!!!

Favorite Features

4-Wheel drive, looks.

Suggested Improvements

I'm tempted to say "dress up the interior" but with it's off-road abilities and it's power, i'm surprized it dosen't come with "net windows" standard...Glass,optional.