2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
4-banger Fronty
By JW on 07/21/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought a Frontier XE, mostly for light hauling and commuting. Really nice vehicle for the money. Basically got it for the same price as Colorado, but felt it outclassed the Chevy in ride and engine refinement. Even the base model looks good (unlike the Taco, which looks silly to me with the 4x2 base wheels). A lot of hard plastic inside, but this is PU truck - so what. I've only had the truck for a few hundred miles so I guess you would expect reliabilty to be good.

Happy owner!
By Neil Weber on 07/14/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Previous truck was a 2004 Dodge Dakota with 4.7L/automatic. This combination turned out to be a very poor choice for towing anything! Transmission was the problem as it was constantly gear hunting! My Frontier has the very powerful 4.0L/six speed manual combination. It tows my 3600lb boat/trailer easily and when towing my motorcycles I don't even feel the weight I'm towing (approximately 2200lbs.) I have owned many pickups. So far, this is the best of them all.

Great truck
By bensimmons_99 on 07/09/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great all around truck, I am impressed with its comfort, its smooth ride and its power. I shopped around for over 3 months, and finally found a great deal. For the money it is the best truck!

Best value
By shopguy on 07/09/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fourth Nissan King Cab. I expect this one to last as long. The last one went 164K when the insurance totaled it. The prior truck has 278K and is still running with only standard maintenance. The new V6 is great and I am avg. 22.1 mpg city/hwy. I need a truck for work & look at overall longterm cost. Vehicle quality compares to my other cars, an Acura and a Boxster.

Tight Truck
By SS on 06/29/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan vehicle. It is replacing a 2003 Dakota V8. In spite of a smaller engine than the old Dak, the Frontier is quicker, especially at highway speed, and manages 2-2.5 mpg better. Ride quality (noise,comfort) is on par. While the Nissan seats are significantly firmer, I find them more comfortable. In spite of cheaper pricing for both the 05 Dak and 05 Colorado that I also considered, the Fronty won out. Nissan just seemed to take an extra step in adding little touches here-and-there. The build quality just 'feels' better.

better than most...but not perfect...
By qwert on 06/11/05 17:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Frontier is a Chryler Roadrunner. A very powerful package surrounded by metal, plastic, and a basic interior that keep the price down. If I sell this vehicle earlier than originally planned, it will be due to lack of front seat comfort.

Frontier..you have come a long way..baby
By memphisguy1967 on 05/12/05 18:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

with only having bought this truck less than a month ago it as been a fantasic vehicle. I had been looking at these for years and decided it was time. I'm glad I waited. The power from the 4.0 is great. Has ton of power and is great to drive, can pull away from a light and leave everyone behind. The 5 speed auto is smooth shifting. I use this truck as my daily commute and it is so comfortable that I can drive it in traffic and not get so tired from driving. The gas mileage could be better avg about 17 mpg. Have had a lot of complements on the truck and have had a few older frontier model owners stop me and want to take a look at the changes. People seem to be very impressed. Thanks Nissan!

Best Midsize Truck
By Steve on 05/11/05 19:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Frontier rides better then our 2001 Buick Lasabre. Smooth quite ride, plenty of muscle in the 4.0 V-6. Comfortable seats. Does have a wide turn radius. Like the hidden storage under the back seats. Dislike the exterior key lock only on the drivers side.

Awesome truck
By Stan on 05/07/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the Frontier & Tacoma, went with Nissan. This is an awesome truck. Style,comfort and man does this truck have balls. Step on this gas pedal & you wont be disappointed! Handles great at 25mph or 90mph. This truck is a must test drive if you are buying new! My last truck was a Ford Ranger, the Frontier puts it to shame. Nissan has taken a giant step forward!

Best-In-Class, No Doubt
By OffRoadinFrontier on 05/05/05 15:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my Nissan Armada (fell apart on me!) for a 4x4 Nismo CC with all options. The ride is excellent, the fun- factor is higher than any other truck test-drove (of course, I stayed away from the 45k+ "sport" trucks). Ground clearance is excellent for us 'newbie' off-roaders. VDC is excellent, will never get another vehicle without it.