2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
First time Nissan owner
By Jeffro on 06/29/05 13:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a mid-size truck and have always purchased from the big 3 auto- makers. The Nissan and Toyota stood out from the big 3. Went with the Nissan Frontier based on re-disgn similiar to the Titan. I could not be happier. The truck is great, comfort, room, features, ride, it has it all. I have purchased the sliding bed extender and the cargo space is very usable, (the design thought on the bed is great, spray on bed liner, c- channels and cargo straps are all standard). The power on this truck is hard to beat. Yes, it is a heavy "mid- size" truck, but you will not notice when you step on the gas. You will not be disappointed with the 2005 Nissan Frontier.

Love it
By tool4ritz on 06/28/05 17:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Been looking at trucks for a while. Decided on Nissan because of build quality, passanger space, and power. Mileage is low in the whole spectum of cars, but for V6 trucks its on the higher end. If you want better mileage, go get a sedan. Seats are very comfortable, I have not found myself shifting around at all in them. Things i splurged on and am glad i did: moonroof. your head sits fairly close to the ceiling and the moonroof changes the whole interior dynamic. Don't waste your money on anything else becasue aftermarket is much better.

Impressed
By Rich on 06/16/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been extremely impressed with the ride and performance of the vehicle. It is rare to find a 4X4 that has the ride of a sedan. Interior noise is almost non- existant. Fuel efficiency is running around 19 MPG and by adding a soft cover to the bed I have increased this number to 21 MPG.

Great truck
By Nick on 06/08/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have 8,500 miles on my NISMO right now and its still a blast. Great looking truck, awesome on and off road. I have not found an obstacle this truck cannot handle. Best fuel economy around 60-65 mph.

Great Truck
By JJ on 06/05/05 07:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great truck. POWER like no other. I've already added a K & N air filter for added HP, and the magna flow dual exhaust adds a much deserved growl to this truck.

The Best Truck
By uabaseball5 on 06/01/05 12:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2005 Nissan Frontier right when it came out after I saw the new design. With all the horsepower and new features and design, I LOVE THIS TRUCK! it is so smooth on the freeway and hauling capability with the tie-down straps, its unbelieveable. I've driven all the trucks before i drove the nissan frontier like the Ford Ranger which was way too whimpy and i drove the mazda truck which didnt have the comfort and then i drove the chevy colorado and it just never had the options and then I finally drove the Frontier. It was all I wanted and more! SO MANY OPTIONS YOU CAN PUT INTO IT ALSO! This is a great truck and I would take it over any other mid-size truck on the market.

Works 4 Me
By Osiris on 05/29/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this truck. It has all of the utility of an SUV and just enough accessories to be an effective work truck, plus its a NISSAN. This thing will run forever. Let's put it this way, I traded a 2001 Trans Am for a Frontier and I loved that Trans Am. Only detractor is the interior color. It's a light tan and all of the dirt show up. My two year old has made sure of that.

4 Months w/My Frontier
By Bob DB on 05/29/05 00:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Frontier since the beginning of February. It is very comfortable, functional, and fun to drive. The mileage is disappointing, only about 14 mpg around town. I added a Roll-n-Lok cover for the bed and it's like having a huge trunk.

Prod date 11/04 compared to a 03/05
By TERRI on 05/16/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased prod date 11/04 on 1/05, numerous problems [eng rattle, hard pull right, r/r dr pnl incorrect, clunk in drivetrain accell/decel, shudder 3-4 shift trans, brk pedal squeak, washer nozzles misaligned, rolls too far in park, hood & sunvisors vibrate, r/f rear seat trim panel broke off, r/f a pillar rattle, a/c knobs loose, prk brake out of adjustment, frt windows grind up/down] dealer said normal- not!!! Traded back in for same model later prod date 03/05-different characterist truck-no problems. Love the truck-awesome power 4.0L, ride, handling great, bigger than my 01 nis frontier 2wd cc xe; electric blue screams buy me! Love the red dash lights & fact sprayed bed liner!

Great Truck
By vuch on 05/16/05 22:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a Crew Cab SE. This is a great truck to drive. Plenty of power, good interior space. I think it is the best looking mid-size truck on the market. The Utili-track and factory spray in bedliner are great also. I have a noise in the engine that is on a technical service bulletin hopefully it will be fixed the next time I bring the truck in. If you are in the market for a truck take the Frontier out for a test drive...you won't be disapointed.