Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Best truck yet!
By mauifrontier

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck! After 4 months of ownership, it's still a blast to drive and so nice to look at. Very off road capable and comfortable. My previous truck was an '03 Tacoma xtra cab 4x4. I was perfectly happy with that until driving this truck. I'm so glad that Nissan is getting back on track creating exciting and and attractive vehicles again! It reminds me of the products they had in the early 90's. Keep up the good work Nissan!

Favorite Features

Relatively small size, comfort, solid body, seating position, capacity and engine.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more quality control on exterior finish.

Great to Drive
By FRONTIER LOVER

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 2000 Frontier for the 2005 model. After reading the Edmunds Reviews along with my experience with the 2000 there was no other choice. I looked at the Toyota Tundra and Tacoma, the Dodge Ram Series and those that GM had to offer, which confirmed my thoughts about the 2005 Frontier. I like the overall rugged looks of the exterior, the well laid out interior, its performance and roadability. I try to find reasons to get it out on the road and enjoy the drive. Best choice I ever made.

Favorite Features

Comfortable drive, performance, rugged looks and well laid out interior.Bed extender and sliding bed divider

Suggested Improvements

While I'm averaging 17-18 mpg in the city and 20-21 on the highway, I would better fuel economy all this in the face of risings fuel costs.

New Frontier...1 year later
By Bob

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I am very happy w/this truck. I love the high seating position and powerful engine. The mileage is disappointing for a 6 cylinder, about 14.5 mpg around town, 17-18 on the highway. The turning radius is also too big, bigger than my Chevy Tahoe. The driver's window control switches need to be replaced (under warranty) and a new circuit had to be added to the towing package (at no cost). I feel confident driving this truck in all weather conditions.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, heated leather seats, great size cargo area (compared to car trunks or Xterra-size SUVs). I added a Roll-N-Lock cover which makes the bed much more useful for carrying sorts equipment, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, smaller turning radius, defroster strips at bottom of windshield to keep ice from forming on wipers (best feature of my '98 Caravan).

NISMO2NV
By Derek

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want a good allround daily driver that doesn't mind rough roads and getting down and digging with it on the weekends you have found the right truck. I have owned my truck for about 6 months now no problems I love the style, its a head turner I had a guy in a newer model vette giving it the look :) Only major problem is the gas milage but what do u expect out of a V6 pushing HP numbers of V8's good vision I am a young driver but I see out well and can maneuver this truck pretty well. Not the same truck as the 04's no comparison they should have changed the name of it, it really exceeded my expectations.

Favorite Features

POWER, Really fun to drive, drives like a little sports car, just have to allow for the bigger size hangs to the roads and on the high way hits 100+ in 4th gear of auto trans no problem, and still has another gear to go, I wanna take it on a track sometime to see if it will do the 140 posted...

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage but it was expected, you drive a power house you have to pay out a bit, if you want fuel milage go get a 1.8 lt Sentra...

Not sure I made the right choice...
By Tex

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan and my first truck. Bought this truck base on price primarily, as compared to Taco. Didn't consider US products base on previously bad experiences. After 5100 miles the dash rattles sometimes when idling, the rear suspension squeaks (I HATE squeaks and rattles), and presently the dealership can't figure out why it won't start. The dealer set me up with a rental F150 Crew Cab which, I hate to admit, I like- it's very comfortable and responsive. Heed other reviews that comment on the driver arm rest, driver side only door unlock, key fob, and plastic dash- these turned out to be real annoyances for me. If I could give my Frontier back and get all my money back, I would.

Favorite Features

Engine is snappy, 4 wheel disc brakes, looks good, reasonable gas mileage, sun roof is nice, plenty of interior storage compartments, real "steel" bumpers (least I think they're steel), factory bed liner, overall the truck has a very "solid" feel to it.

Suggested Improvements

Redesigned console and dash, make sure it'll start (duh), a bit longer bed, not real comfortable on longer trips, factory paint has a minor blemish