2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
No Regrets - Get One!
By AF on 09/20/05 03:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are in the market for a midsize truck, the Nismo Frontier should be your only consideration. It is FUN to drive and it looks great. The Tacoma pales in comparison to my Nismo. It has good low-end torque to get you off the line, the bedliner and bed extender provide plenty of utility, and the interior is surprisingly comfortable. I upgraded to the audio package and the stereo system sounds exceptionally well. I have no regrets in buying this truck and neither will you. I've yet to meet someone that doesn't like my truck.

great truck
By mike grillo on 09/01/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love the truck, however according to my nissan dealer the power package i got on my se did not include keyless remote,and according to nissan it can't be installed. with no outside door lock on the right side, its very inconvenient without a remote

This is "The Truck"
By Joehova on 08/25/05 12:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been nothing but stellar! From daily driving to some serious off roading, the 05 Frontier has done nothing but amaze me. When I first heard about the truck I almost overlooked the truck, only because I'm not a fan of the older styling but when I saw it on the lot, I ate my own words. The new body style stands out in a crowd, especially with the NISMO package. Of course, the body style isn't the whole package. The new VQ40DE engine is a real power house and doesn't require premium fuel. This engine performs, hands down. Interior is comfortable and looks geat. Not too much cab noise other than the tires (What do you expect with A/Ts?). Any other tricks for the competition nissan?

2005 frontier king
By Frontowner on 08/15/05 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Nice truck so far, took a 700 mile trip in it this past weekend, ran great for a truck getting really good gas mileage. Small on passing power, but will run good in upper 80-90mph. She's not shy, but don't think you're gonna be passing real easy.

Nice new ride
By Grunger on 08/03/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only had the truck for 3000 km, but so far I've been nothing but impressed. The shifting is smooth and the power is excellent. I've read some complaints about the gas mileage, but I just got back from a 2000 km road trip and averaged 24 mpg. For a new truck that has not been broken in I am satisfied. If you really need a truck you don't buy it to get 30+ mpg, you buy it to get the job done.

Nice Truck at a Nice Price
By Jerry Hardison on 08/03/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent rebuild of an old body style. Not even the same truck compared to the old hardbody design. The 4.0 Ltr motor has some very real power as the larger and heavier truck requires. Interior design and comfort is terrific and the exterior design is hard to distinguish between the Titan at a distance (nice look). Time will tell if it will perform as well as the old style. (The bed squeeks have to get that checked out) Where's the keyless entry or alarm?

My desert dwelling Frontier
By Pete on 07/31/05 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my Frontier last week and I love it. This is my second Nissan product. They make an excellent vehicle that the dealer will really stand behind if there is ever a problem. I drive over 80 miles daily to work and back, and the last thing I need to worry about is " Will I Make It ". It is also a beautiful, well designed midsized truck that my 6 foot 230 pound frame will fit in comfortably.

None
By B. Mckey on 07/30/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The rear visibility is hindered by the two rear headrests (removable), also take a peek at the rear view mirror, could be wider?, again a blind spot issue.

My third Nissan
By Pete Lange on 07/27/05 23:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the third Nissan that I have owned. It is the second Truck, and I am more than satisfied. It is a very sporty looking vehicle and has the motor to back it up. Also the ride is very comfortable. I really can't think of any gripes at all.

Frontier vs Tacoma
By Ray on 07/27/05 16:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I did a lot of research, the more I looked the more I found supporting the Frontier as the superior truck. I drove both and also drove the Colorado. All drive similar with the Tacoma having a cushier ride. Questionable if that's what you want in a high CG vehicle. I bought the Frontier. Full box frame, 4 wheel disk brakes, 265 hp V6 on regular unleaded gas, sprayed on bed liner developed specifically for Nissan. It was really no contest. Toyota dealers would not even give me a price quote hinting that truck of the year warranted no price concessions. Nissan dealers wanted to make a deal and gave me the best deal.