2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Not Quite Good Enough
By alko on 08/08/05 01:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This review is specifically for the 2x4 Crew Cab SE w/ 6-speed tranny. This truck looks nice and has nice features in and out and the interior controls and gauges are well thought out, but threr are a couple of things I dislike. The front suspension is so stiff that it does nothing to absorb the freeway bumps and constantly throws my body from side to side on uneven terrain such as dips and driveways. The tires take all the abuse bouncing over the bumps. It's almost unbearable. The other thing I dislike is the electronic throttle control which has a decceleration delay of about 1 second and makes smooth shifting very hard to master. I just don't understand the thinking behind this.

It's nice
By lyverrm on 08/03/05 16:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased this truck and love every bit of it. I have driven a Nissan Frontier since Nov. of 1999. That truck was, and still is extremely reliable so I thought I would give the new one a chance. I love it! I gave my brother, who just turned 16, the 1999 model Nissan. I have never even had the slightest problem with the old frontier. It has 95000 miles on it and have only replaced the battery once, and have never even replaced the main belt. I expect the same out of this truck. I really enjoy the upgrade from the 4cyl to the 6cyl. This thing will get up and go. I think I made a good decision for a first car purchase.

I got the power!!!! Nissan Frontier
By diko617 on 07/24/05 20:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm really impressed with the redesigned nissan frontier. I test drive the Toyota, Honda and Dodge, nothing compares to the engine power of the Nissan Frontier. Its beyond comparisson to other mid-size pick up truck. A worthy investment! Its definetly the most powerful mid size pick up truck!

Gas gas gas
By Brian VABeach on 07/23/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ok so everyone konws that your going to get bad MPG on gas but not this bad....i have had my Frontier for 3 weeks now and am at 1500 miles and still only getting 17.7 - 17.9 MPG ....Horrible!

Quality Truck!!!
By Topher on 07/23/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy about my truck! It has the power when I need it and all of the accessories I was looking for. The large cab is very spacious.

wow a frontier
By dwhatl30 on 07/18/05 20:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

plenty of power handles great and look wonderful is great for hauling light and medium loads with ease

First time nissan owner
By JOHN B on 07/15/05 08:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is roomy and is very functional i really feel that it has good build quality.

Frontier 2005 Disappointing
By Kosmo on 07/14/05 09:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 months I wish I never got this truck. It handle well, but I feel this truck is dangerous. It has awful blind spots & I have almost had several accidents because of them. I am very uncomfortable driving this truck. First, the rear headrests completely block one's view. I removed them & that helps but leaves my passengers open to serious head injury in case of accident. The left side is simply designed so poorly I wonder how it ever passed QC. When you glance over your shoulder to change lanes, you cannot see anything behind as the driver's headrest & post separating the rear & driver's door completely obstruct your view. The right side has similar problem, but not as bad.

I love my Frontier Crew Cab 4WD
By Rod, man on 07/05/05 18:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have own many trucks and SUV in my life. The Frontier is my first vehicle from Nissan. I love everything about the truck. Excellent handling, engine power, and it's bold body styling. I have yet to test the off-road and towing capabilities, but that will be soon.

A Competitive Truck
By LW on 07/01/05 16:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I selected Frontier over all other pickups after extensive research. With 2,000 miles on it I have experienced no problems. It handles well and tows a small bass boat without effort. Engine power and torque is more than adequate and fuel economy has met EPA predictions for this model. It is also nice that all its performance is with regular gas. Well worth the price paid. With the large tires I have occasionaly felt feedback in the steering wheel on rough roads.