Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great truck
By Dave

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel in love with this truck as soon as I saw it. But looks were just what got me started. It handles well, is comfortable to drive and has made life a lot easier when it comes to working around the property, because it goes just about anywhere.

The great look. It has a style that other trucks don't have. The NISMO package means I can go just about anywhere I want. The interior is great and the sunroof and stereo make it even more enjoyable getting there.

My one and only complaint is so minor it's ridiculous. But, I think the cup holders need to be moved from the current position to a place on the front dash where the old ashtrays would have been.

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4cyl Auto
By EYECAT

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2005 in Jan-06 in Jun- 07 I have 80,000 miles on it. This is my 5th Nissan I have purchased for use in my business and the only major thing I have ever replaced was a clutch at 200,000 miles. My last was a 1997 & I replaced 2 clutches, a starter & alternator. I traded it at 487,000 miles & the others were over 300,000 miles. I got them all from the same dealership. Now at 80,000 miles the transmission seal leaks & the flange in rear-end went. Nissan dealer said it would take 10days to get the part. The same dealer sent my mechanic the wrong part 3X. After 2 wks & 20 calls to corp. no one returns my calls & no answers when they'll have the right part made, no loaner.

Exterior looks good

Truck too large for a 4 cylinder. Corporate & dealership needs better customer service. Gas milage is terrible only 20mpg (my 1997 got 28mpg with 487000 miles)

Awesome truck!
By Steve

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck! It has been an incredible driving truck since my first test drive. I really was not even in the market, having just purchased a 2006 Tundra doublecab 4x4 SR5. We were at the dealership looking for a ride for my son, and I just wanted to take a ride in one, and that's all she wrote. It's a much better ride than the land barge I just bought a year ago. The v6 power plant Nissan uses is vastly superior to the gas guzzling v8 in the Tundra. I average about 20 mpg (6 spd. manual). The best I could muster in the Tundra was 16.5 mpg. I actually got 23.5 mpg on a trip to the coast! Way easier to park in tight situations than the Tundra. Check out the Frontier, it won't disappoint!!

265hp V6 w/6 spd. manual trans., it drives like a (dare I say it) sports car!! 6500 lb towing capacity.

NONE!

2005 Nissan Frontier XE
By Joe

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very nice truck to own. Very sharp looking truck. All my friends like the look of it and how it rides. Only problems I notice are: (1) your legs come close to hitting the lower dash; (2) truck horn is very wimpy and truck should have two horn buttons at each edge of steering wheel, not just one in center that is hard to use; (3) don't plan on getting any custom wheels for it because the 6 X 114.3 lug pattern is not standard size - there are very few makers of custom rims that will fit on the truck, very few custom rims will fit; (4) interior should have two dome lights, one near front of cab and other near the back of cab.

Excellent gas mileage and the seats make it comfortable to ride in.

05 Frontier Crew Cab SE 2WD V6 Auto
By Rob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months and 21000 miles, I can honestly say I love this vehicle! Powerful engine, smooth ride, just dosent feel like a truck. I have driven my truck on several long trips and it cruises effortlessly at 80-85 mph, very quiet and comfortable. I've owned Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and a VW, and can say that so far, this is my favorite. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this truck too, especially the engine/transmission and fit and finish. I would definitely recommend that anyone looking at a mid-size truck to do yourself a favor and check out the Frontier!

Engine/transmisson, four wheel disc brakes, sunroof, utilitrack/bedliner, tow ability (I tow a boat with it), handles like a car, fun to drive!

Brakes sometimes squeak when backing up, paint chips very easily, that's about it.