Used 2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

05 Frontier
By WMacork

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Body integrity needs work. Tailgate hinges have been replaced but tailgate is too heavy and has caused body damage to lower part of tailgate. Fosgate radio is good but two bands of AM and only 1 of FM doesn't make sense. Satellite from Nissan is too expensive even though convenient. My spouse doesn't like the passenger seat for trips but driver's seat is very comfy. Reliability has been very good except body integrity.

Acceleration. Back seat pocket for drivers seat. Rear air and heat vents for the 4 door. Search/Seek on steering wheel controls

Carbon fiber tailgate or graduated opening like the Titan. dual band FM radio if you don't have satellite.

2005 Frontier
By 2005 Frontier

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the durability and handling of this truck. Tows my trailer without any problems or lack of horse-power. Bed is more like a full size pickup and the interior feels like a full size truck. A big improvement over the previous generation of mini pickups.

Horse power and good milage.

2-tone the interior, kind of bland but very functional. The wiper controls are too close to the steering wheel.

2005 Nissan king SE V-6 Review
By Toodster33

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my SE King Automatic V-6 for alomst 2 years now and have put 33,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. I have to say I love it. I would have bought a Crew Cab, but they are not available in long box. 5 Foot box just is not going to do it for me. Get on it Nissan. Shift points could be a little better to get more performance out of motor. But over all not too bad of a comprimise.

Visibility, power, ride, highway drivability.

Long box for Crew Cab. Better shiftpoints for automatic. Sport model hi-po version would be cool.

Excellent truck so far
By bosox

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the truck is great and I love it.There are a few annoyances though. One is the passenger side jump seat flops down under hard braking or bumpy conditions (Still happens periodically even with the upgraded seat locks from Nissan).Second there are some squeaks, rattles, and vibrations, especially around my rear sliding window when it is open. Third and most annoying is that if I'm coasting in neutral or I have the clutch pushed in the transmission rattles when going over bumps. It's really anoying on the trail and rough dirt roads. My dealer supposedly tested another manual frontier and said it was normal. Fourth is that the front of the truck picks up lots of bugs in the summer.

Exterior styling, performance/ power, spray on bedliner, utili track system, multiple storage areas in cab, cruise control and radio operations on the steering wheel, leather wrapped steering wheel, saftey features.

Lockable glove compartments and/or center console, 120v AC plug(s) in cab and bed, get rid of that car seat extension device on the rear passenger jump seat, it makes the seat top heavy when folded up and causes it to flop down. (I would have bought the crew cab if I need room for car seats)

Great Truck
By Michael

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been very pleased with this truck. I did consider a Colorado at first but very soon discovered that the L5 engine was just not a best choice for the powerplant. The 4.0 in the Frontier is very strong and will leave all other midsize and most fullsize trucks in the dust. The only complaint I have was that splash guards werent a standard feature. The tires sling up and leave a lot of chips on the paint. There is a hint from the ride of a larger truck but soaks up the bumps fairly well. All and all its a great truck and I am very pleased with my decision.

Outstanding engine and 5speed auto tranny. Feels like a larger truck than the older compacts.

The back seat in the excab is very uncomfortable for even short adults and there is a little too much plastic on the interior.