2005 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Sort Reviews by

Big improvement!
By Bob

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a '98 Frontier with more than 130,000 miles on it. Dead reliable and relatively economical, but ride was harsh and interior uncomfortable for long trips. Nissan learned their lesson with the new Frontier. Very comfortable, roomier, and the increased torque make this heavier vehicle peppier than its predecessor. I got the plain jane of the line, but am very satisfied with the package. Toyota wouldn't try to find a 4 cylinder Tacoma, but the Nissan dealer was happy to and cut a great deal. Average 22 mpg around town; 24 on the road. Nice job, Nissan!

Favorite Features

Interior comfort. Standard tach. Good sound system. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Locking gas door.

My First Truck
By Don

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I think I made a great choice. This truck is great. It has a comfortable ride, a smooth tranny and looks great. The stereo is first rate. The controls are easy to operate even with gloves on. I test drove an 03 Toyota but went with a new Nissan. My wife calls it Stewie.

Favorite Features

The utili-track system and bed extender work great but the washers are rusting and they discolored the brackets. Dealer is correcting. Really like the look and ride. Looks great in the Desert Gold.

Suggested Improvements

Auto up for the driver window, lockabe glove box, better gas mileage. Put the spray on liner on the tailgate as well as the bed. The bolt on liner has warped and it's only been one week. Use stainless washers on the bed extender to eliminate rusting and discoloring.

Nissan > Toyota
By Glenn

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

XE 5 speed...no frills but great gas saver Got newspaper ad special...so this way dealership can't stick you. Remember, the dealerships make a killing on those nice options you like. Don't forget to bring the ad with you. My new truck with zero miles cost less than a used truck (few years old) with 40 -60 K.

Favorite Features

Truck size(not too big or too small) 4 cylinder option for gas saving

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to have more accessories for truck available from Nissan

Tough to Beat
By GWC

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Glad I chose this over the Tacoma, for the money, this is the truck. Nice, comfortable interior, smooth powerful engine, which beat some V-8's.Good looking exterior. Would like to have had some door protection. Installing a K & N filter & maybe a tornado for better fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Comfortable well put together interior. Smooth V-6. Price.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to get a little better fuel economy.

My first new Truck
By Don

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is WOW. This truck is great. I just got it home two days ago and can't stop staring at it. It just looks great. Like a bulldog with an attitude. Drives great, Very comfortable and has a real solid feel. Very tight. I believe the 05 is the first year for the new body style and it was a much needed upgrade. The 6 CD stereo is excellent. the controls are easy to use and easy to reach. You really feel safe in this truck. I had a used Mazda for about 4 weeks and gave it back for this new one. Very Smart Move. Buy one. You'll love it.

Favorite Features

I like the leather wrapped steering wheel, the stereo and the look of this truck. Like the Titans little brother.

Suggested Improvements

I've noticed the reflection of the dash lights on the rear window when looking in the rearview mirror. Minor but noticable. I've turned the dash lights down and thats helped. Back light the steering wheel controls. Extend the arm rest a little more or make it slideable like my wifes Honda Accord.

On Road-Off Road
By Ed Jarecki

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While being the most comfortable truck I have owned it has one major flaw in the heating controls. When you put the heat control knob to floor only the hot air still comes out the A/C vents and makes it very uncomfortable, this feature keeps the feet and legs cold in very cold weather and your upper body too warm. Nissan service rep has told me this is the way they are built, and Nissan refuses to get back to me after several calls. Also there are a couple of spots where dirt was painted over at the factory. Overall the truck does very well in off road performances as well as a nice ride on hard surfaces. Ed Jarecki

Favorite Features

Utility bed option, very easy to tie down any load you carry.

Suggested Improvements

Fix heat control to go to feet only as it should. More Quality control on paint process.

The 2005 Nissan Frontier
By Emily

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best truck I think I will ever own. My boyfriend has a 2000 Nissan Frontier, and all of our friends have variouse year model Frontiers and we all love them. We will keep these trucks after we get newer Nissans as a second vehicle for whatever purpose it may be needed for. We will own nothing other than a Nissan.

Favorite Features

Everything, there is nothing that I dislike about my truck. I love it!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

my new truck
By horn

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck bran new. used edmunds.com to find a fair price bought truck at 23,000 a little lower than the tmv pricing report given on the web site im very happy with the truck performs very well is good on gas and the eye. even the rather standard model has nice qualty with a few good opitions i would recommend this truck over its counterparts from japan and america. the nicest mid sized truck for the money

A solid package
By Scott McLaughlin

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A thoughtful redesign since my 2003 model Crew Cab 4x4. Interior space is vastly improved, particularly in the rear seat area. Adults can actually ride comfortably in this space. Both engine power and fuel economy are greatly improved, thanks to the all new 4.0 V6 and 5-speed A/T.

Favorite Features

I like the storage space under the rear seat cushions for heavy, bulky items like tools, tow chain, etc. Also a nice interior hiding space to keep valuable items out of sight.

Suggested Improvements

How about a diesel model?

Love it.
By rsrtampa

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Nissan basically because of the design. It is by far the best looking 4 door truck out there. I have grown to love it for other reasons. It has amazing power, its fun todrive and it is very convenient.

Favorite Features

Power. Utilitrack bed. Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be nice but these days I think Honda Insight owners are saying the same thing.