2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
05 Nismo is Super
By 81 Trekker on 09/22/05 21:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far, quite pleased with the NISMO 4x4 Crew Cab. It has plenty of power on the highway both for passing and entrance ramps. It has a comfortable ride and handles well. I've taken it off-road a few times in the GW National Forest where it performs well. Took it up a steep hill with lots of lose rocks and gravel but it didn't hesitate. Have tried the hill descent but haven't needed the locking differential yet. It did bottom out a couple times - perhaps I was going too fast for the humps. After driving 4 Runners for 20+ years,I decided on the NISMO because I wanted a pickup this time and the Tacoma needs premium gas.

Pro's - Con's
By bighert3rd on 09/21/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall it's a good solid truck that's fun to drive. It has a very smooth ride almost like being in a car. If you're looking for a midsize truck this is definitely the one you want!

frontier
By zeelodee on 09/12/05 03:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I enjoy the overall look and the handling of the vehicle. Also,the rockford sound system is a good addition to the truck.

Best Frontier yet!
By Asantoni on 09/06/05 15:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 1998 Frontier, words cannot describe what an improvement over the old model the 2005 Frontier is. There is plenty of low end Torque from the V6 engine and it's a pleasure to rev. 5 speed auto transmission is extremely smooth (same is in the Titan I believe) and it helps deliver respectable gas mileage. So far I'm getting about 18 mpg in mixed driving and 21-22 mpg hwy. Handling is also a strong suit. Only complaints I have about the truck is the small nearly vertical rear seats and the General Grabber tires. These tires will break loose in even the slightest rain and just don't belong in a truck with this much power.

Love it!
By Chris S on 08/30/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Was evaluating the Tacoma vs. Frontier. Liked both, but Nissan offered more luxury features at a better price, and the drive on the Frontier felt a bit smoother and acceleration was more responsive. So far I am very happy with my decision. I love the styling and handling of the truck, and enjoy the versatility (this is my first truck). Gas mileage is about 18 mpg. Not great with the rising prices, but better than I expected. No doubt I made the right choice. This is a great truck!

Fronty drives fine
By DGrenier on 08/26/05 00:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Plenty of power. Drives very smooth. Wife loves the truck (it's her driver). Does a very comfortable 80 mph. Quiet inside. Stereo rocks (RockyFos). Leather interior seats.

LUV IT
By speedy on 08/21/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was waiting for a new design over the 1999-2004. I got it and I can't complain. The V-6 is lovely and the power is a great thing to have both on and off-road. I traded in my 2001 T/A and I truly haven't missed it. The crew cab is large enough to carry the kids and still truck enough to be functional. I just wish the 4x4 came with a sunroof. Otherwise, it handlse like a car and hauls like a truck. And the bed extender is...well if you want a compact pick-up or man van without turning in your manhood, buy it. I couldn't be happier, unless gas was cheaper.

I love it!
By DTT on 08/17/05 20:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove both Tacoma and Frontier and decided on Frontier due to more comfortable ride, nicer interior, availability (Need to wait 3 months for Tacoma), price (about $4000 more for comparably equipped Tacoma), and more power. The Frontier has a quieter cabin and the bed is traditional steel with a sprayed on liner which is not slippery like the Tacoma's plastic liner. The utilitrac is very strong and durable and seems like it can hold a heavy load. Had six mountain bikes and six people on board and it didn't break a sweat driving uphills in the mountains. Very strong and smooth V6. Test drive both and see for yourself. All other trucks weren't even considered.

Great truck for the money
By Mike Warren on 08/14/05 20:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Frontier is a roomy, powerful mid- size 4x4 truck. It will seat five comfortably, has a decent sound system and smooth ride. Like most pick-ups you have to pay attention driving in bad weather. I'm averaging about 15 mpg (with a six speed). A good truck for the money

The Only Choice
By Dan on 08/09/05 20:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all the similar trucks (Dakota, Ranger, Colorado, Toyota, Honda). I drove them all. There is no doubt that this is the best truck of the group. It performs with speed far better than any thing else. Its look and feel is much nicer than all the rest. It is comfortable and fun to drive. From someone who has always owned SUVs (Grand Cherokee, Explorer, Murano, Suburban, and Durango), this rates right up there with any of them in terms of driving comfort. Nissan has their act together.