2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2005 Nissan king SE V-6 Review
By Toodster33 on 09/25/06 13:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my SE King Automatic V-6 for alomst 2 years now and have put 33,000 miles with no problems whatsoever. I have to say I love it. I would have bought a Crew Cab, but they are not available in long box. 5 Foot box just is not going to do it for me. Get on it Nissan. Shift points could be a little better to get more performance out of motor. But over all not too bad of a comprimise.

Great but...
By Bill Mac on 09/03/06 17:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fantastic truck. I have two complaints: 1) Fosgate stereo has great sound but unless you use the satelite hookup (very expensive) you have 2 AM radio bands and only 1 FM - no sense there. The other is the weight of the tailgate. If not fully latched and falls while driving it may bend the sheet metal in the lower corners of the tailgate - has happened to me twice. Needs to be lighter or have a counterweight to keep gate from "banging" down.

Excellent truck so far
By bosox on 09/03/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall the truck is great and I love it.There are a few annoyances though. One is the passenger side jump seat flops down under hard braking or bumpy conditions (Still happens periodically even with the upgraded seat locks from Nissan).Second there are some squeaks, rattles, and vibrations, especially around my rear sliding window when it is open. Third and most annoying is that if I'm coasting in neutral or I have the clutch pushed in the transmission rattles when going over bumps. It's really anoying on the trail and rough dirt roads. My dealer supposedly tested another manual frontier and said it was normal. Fourth is that the front of the truck picks up lots of bugs in the summer.

No regrets whatsoever
By fronteeer on 08/22/06 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my '05 Frontier in October 2005, and I'm still in love with it. It's a great truck for taking your friends to pick up replacement parts for their Fords, Chevys and Dodges when they break down every week. It has about 30,000Km (~18,600 miles) on it and everything is still as tight as new. I put an ARE hinged tonneau cover on it, which is disappointing because the bed is short so you can't reach anything in the back without climbing in, so get a rolling cover and you'll be much happier. Definitely get the step bars too, because the front tires zing rocks at the rear fender flares. You can get great fuel economy if you drive this truck very gently, but... why would you do that? :)

Great Truck
By Michael on 08/15/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been very pleased with this truck. I did consider a Colorado at first but very soon discovered that the L5 engine was just not a best choice for the powerplant. The 4.0 in the Frontier is very strong and will leave all other midsize and most fullsize trucks in the dust. The only complaint I have was that splash guards werent a standard feature. The tires sling up and leave a lot of chips on the paint. There is a hint from the ride of a larger truck but soaks up the bumps fairly well. All and all its a great truck and I am very pleased with my decision.

Why not to buy a frontier
By trebor on 08/08/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this truck, the suspension had been squeaking since about 3,000 miles and the dealer hasn't been able to fix it, there have been several recalls, as well as many adjustments made to the doors to keep them from hitting other panels. Overall it is a fun truck to drive, but a pain to own. This truck had been at the dealer a total of 22 days having problems fixed.

first new truck in 25 years
By larry collie on 07/24/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

this is the first new truck i have bought in 25 years, i looked at a lot of mid size trucks so far i am very happy with my nissan frontier drives great, it's fun to drive very comfortable gas mileage is ok around 20-21 with automatic trans, had a 93 nissan pickup very reliable so i was leaning toward a nissan truck, highly recommend.

annoyance overshadows good
By king on 07/13/06 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall driving is an improvement. Too bad you ruined it with that horrible cover on the back

Outstanding
By warp9vt on 07/06/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a 2003 Dodge Dakota to a Frontier, wow what a difference. This truck goes everywhere. With the Dodge I had to watch out where I went, not this baby, it loves to climb mountains. With the Dodge it got 17 mpg. With this baby I get 24 mpg. On trips 26 and its an automatic. The only problem I have is it has power locks with no keyless entry capability. (Safety hazard with kids in the back seat, if the doors are locked and you need to get to them quick, you have to go to the driver side door to get in, (not easy access with locked doors.)).

Best in class
By jwill on 06/19/06 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Frontier and the Tacoma - the frontier was my favorite by far (although some of that had to do with the sales guy). The v6 has power to spare, the seats are comfortable, and I'm getting 19 mpg mixed driving, which is about what my old Volvo 740GL was getting. Couldn't be happier with this truck.