Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab
By silverbullet77

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, there is a reason my handle is silverbullet. These new frontiers will get up and leave just about any other truck on the road, plenty of power, plus a little more in mine, comfy interior, beautiful design, and all around nice ride.

The power plant, design, and anything else you can think of.

My only suggestions for improvement are that the truck has a horrible turning radius and the the location of the gas tank will not allow for a duel exhaust, the only exhaust kit I could get was a right side exit.

Cross country journey
By Mike Q

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from west coast to east coast towing a vw golf completely packed, with the truck bed overloaded as well. Power to get up and over the rockies no problem. Reliable and rides like a cadillac compared to my previous audi tt. Never owned a pickup before, and I'm not disappointed.

The engine. Towing capacity, the ride, off road ability.

Better seats. Trip computer should be standard feature.

Excellent in so many ways
By David

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the NISMO Crew Frontier for quite a while now, and I KNOW that this is the last vehicle I will buy. I fully intend to drive this truck till the wheels fall off. Pretty much everything is gravy... first off, it is love at first sight on styling. Interior is decidedly untrucklike, in fact better than most sport sedans. Power and handling is exceptional, in all situations (I have driven it in ice, rain, LOTS of pavement, snowy mountain roads and a bunch of Moab UT offroad). Amenities such as the Rockford-Fosgate systems are fantastic, and the cargo accessories invaluable. Only little gripes are the fuel economy is a bit low (although expected) and an external MP3 jack would be nice.

Styling, amenities, comfort, power and handling, cargo accessories.

External MP3 jack (already addressed in later models I think). Option for navigation system.

2005 NISMO 2WD
By ras1500

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan product and both have been extremely reliable. The NISMO is a great truck with plenty of acceleration and fun to drive. Fuel mileage is around 20 MPG combination city/highway. The build quality of this truck is not as good as my Japanese built '99 Pathfinder; sealant in the pickup bed is sloppy and there's some glue on the headliner.

Good performance and handling. Reasonably good ride for a truck.

Nissan has the worst paint in the industry. Brushing against the vehicle (including my '99 Pathfinder) with anything harder than a terry cloth towel will scratch the finish down to the primer. Both my cars are black, so the scratches are visibly obvious.

The next generation
By zoom

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Nissan products. My last truck was a 98 king cab with a 3.3 v-6. I had a guy come to my house and request to buy it, seeing the next generation truck I agreed. He is completely happy as am I. My Nismo is so much better in every way. I can get over 21 mpg on the hwy, mixed driving around 18.5. The power difference isn' even close,this truck will haul, drives great, rides great with 31.5 psi in the tires. In my opinion, and I have owned all domestic vehicles, this is solid satisfaction!

Handling, looks, awesome power, in my case good gas mileage, reliablity, comfort, set tire pressure 30+psi. The bed rail system is great for hauling motorcycles.

Tire pressure monitors are not accurate,t here is one or two on my truck that goes off at 31 psi when they are supposed to go off at 28 psi. Even at a rating of 267 hp there is a lot of room left and can still be reliable, unleash the ponies. Just a little better seats.