2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Clutch Problem
By Margaret Calenda on 03/07/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The clutch "got burned out" according to the dealer here in Asheville, NC. I have been driving stick shifts since I was 16 (I'm 57), have driven trucks and cars over 125,000 miles and owned for over nine years. Have NEVER had a clutch problem. Something's wrong here.

Driving a Silver Bullet
By silverbullet99 on 03/06/07 19:08 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My truck is a beast. It makes right at 300 horses and will blister just about anything. The truck rides like a dream, ages ahead of the old F-150 I had. The only thing is it gets 17 miles to a gallon.

"Unfortunately my Wife LOVES it!!!
By Tim on 03/05/07 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to put some miles and seasons on my new 4x4 before I gave my review. I love it more now than when I 1st bout it. I used to own a Chevy S10 4x4 that I had to put in reverse to engage the 4x4--a real pain!!! With this 4x4on the fly, I can't wait for it to snow. It's got great ground clearance and cuts through deep snow like butter! My wife uses any excuse to drive it, I can't get her out of it. I love the spray-in bedliner with the util-trac rails. With the bed extender i go from a 5' to 6'bed. Interior is very comfortable and a smooth ride. 265hp acceleration very powerful. test drove dodge durango as well. NO comparison. Gas mileage @16- 20. Could use heated outside anti-fog mirrors

Still love it after 1 year
By James on 01/07/07 23:26 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Nismo Frontier just over a year ago. I still volunteer to drive friends places just to drive it and look over my shoulder after I park it just to see it again. It's been great in every way. My favorite vehicle I've owned yet.

Great Truck
By Mike on 12/12/06 03:42 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at all the Mid sized trucks, no better bang for the buck in the Frontier. Toyota would have been at least 6k more and who wants an 11 MPG dakota, an that's it in the mid-sized market. All that aside I love this truck! drives great fun to drive. absolutely no complaints. if your looking BUY ONE.

05 Frontier
By WMacork on 12/10/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Body integrity needs work. Tailgate hinges have been replaced but tailgate is too heavy and has caused body damage to lower part of tailgate. Fosgate radio is good but two bands of AM and only 1 of FM doesn't make sense. Satellite from Nissan is too expensive even though convenient. My spouse doesn't like the passenger seat for trips but driver's seat is very comfy. Reliability has been very good except body integrity.

More for your $$ thanToyota
By Dana on 12/01/06 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had every intention of purchasing a Tacoma double cab 4x4 but came home with a Frontier 4x4 Nismo crew. Definitely a lot more bang for the buck, interior feels more spacious with incredible power to spare. I was impressed with the build quality & ride. I have owned both a SE-V6 King cab pickup & SE-V6 Pathfinder years ago & decided to come back to Nissan after a long Toyota run. Yes, Toyota makes a very nice product but was totally impressed with the new Frontier's. Interior perhaps a bit too much use of plastic but otherwise very functional. Great looks, nice overall packaging.

2005 Frontier
By 2005 Frontier on 11/26/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the durability and handling of this truck. Tows my trailer without any problems or lack of horse-power. Bed is more like a full size pickup and the interior feels like a full size truck. A big improvement over the previous generation of mini pickups.

One year old and still strong
By Adam on 10/05/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the truck for a little over a year and am still enjoying every drive. I was able to get the hitch and tool box included at $1000 less than MSRP. The optional tool box works great for me as a construction worker, and it blends in with the style of the truck. The front seats have plenty of room and are reasonably comfortable for longer trips. The rear seats can be a little tight when the front seats are all the way back. Overall, the truck is excellent, and I am glad I didn't choose the Tacoma or Dakota instead.

2005 Frontier Crew Cab
By sberry on 09/29/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The most leg room in the back of the crew cab I've ever experienced. Good design, tight and stought. The engine belt did squeak which was embarrassing until dealer replaced, the brakes still squeak when applied while backing up. Turning radius too wide and I dont like gearing due to fact that when automatic kicks into passing, rpms reve up to high in comparison to acceleration. Have not towed anything. 1 recall on tow hitch electrical. As good as to better that any truck I've ever owned.