2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Why not to buy a frontier
By trebor on 08/08/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this truck, the suspension had been squeaking since about 3,000 miles and the dealer hasn't been able to fix it, there have been several recalls, as well as many adjustments made to the doors to keep them from hitting other panels. Overall it is a fun truck to drive, but a pain to own. This truck had been at the dealer a total of 22 days having problems fixed.

first new truck in 25 years
By larry collie on 07/24/06 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

this is the first new truck i have bought in 25 years, i looked at a lot of mid size trucks so far i am very happy with my nissan frontier drives great, it's fun to drive very comfortable gas mileage is ok around 20-21 with automatic trans, had a 93 nissan pickup very reliable so i was leaning toward a nissan truck, highly recommend.

annoyance overshadows good
By king on 07/13/06 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall driving is an improvement. Too bad you ruined it with that horrible cover on the back

14500 lbs pulled like a champ
By brad on 06/11/06 06:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i got my nismo in 8/05 i have not been easy with it i work on a tobbaco farm and i use it every day driving through the fields at high speed that i would not dare to take a ford or dodge because you would tear the hell out of it. now power all i have to say i weighed in at the scalls at 14,500 lbs and pulled it better than any half ton truck. it is a awsome 4 welling machine i have only got stuck twice and that was becouse i sunk stright down to the chasy u could only see about 3 inches of the tires. it i s a great truck and well worth the money.

Toyota Killer
By Bill Walters on 05/31/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I shopped Toyota and many other products from the American "Big Three" and settled on the 05 Frontier XE. This workhorse has style, class, dependability, a comfy ride amd all appointments in the right place. It outperforms the Toyota Tacomas in every aspect and is priced under Toyota's ( fixed pricing ). Econony is great at 24-25 MPG and the Frontier does not have that "sissy" look that Toyota's do. The ride is like driving a nice SUV. Pay load is good for a mid size truck too. Fifth gear could use a little more "beef" but a small bother compared to the overall performance of the Frontier. I would recommend it to any one. I'll get 200,000 or more miles of great service from this vehicle.

features
By fred on 05/30/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Disappointed it did not come with safety remote key entry, rides a little rough. First time pick-up owner I expected more comfort. After purchase dispointed in jump seats instead of 4 seats. Bad choice on my part. Color was not first choice but acceptible. Overall pickup is very good and enjoy a lot. pricing of basic vehicle color should not change options or price.

Still early, but a great truck
By amram80 on 05/15/06 05:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a full size Chevy to get better gas mileage. So far, so good. I'm getting about 4 to 5 more miles per gallon, which in my case translates to about 40 to 50 dollars of savings per month.

2005 Nissan Frontier SE 4x2
By Joe on 05/11/06 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have put almost 13,000 miles on this truck since purchasing new in Aug. 2005. The milage is a good mix of highway and city driving. Overall the truck is a solid performer. I haven't hauled anything really heavy but what I have hauled did not strain it in the least. The cockpit has a real nice feel with easy access to everything. Plenty of storage space for all the junk you would need to carry. Driving on the highway is great at higher speeds. It doesn't have a lack of get up and go. Short hauls with passengers is about all I would suggest. The seats are comfortable. Overall craftsmanship is top notch.

best truck ever
By Mikey_Missles_41102 on 05/02/06 07:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is by far the best truck i've ever owned. no more american made for me!!!

My first nissan
By BOBRAT on 03/23/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first foreign vehicle. Always been a chevy man. Worked for gm for over 23 years. I love this truck. The 265 hoarses are great. I may never go off-road, but i know if i have to, i can. And i can't wait for a serious snow storm!!!!!