Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nissan won't back their product
By mikey

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck used with 15K and it now has 53K. For relatively few miles there has been some real issues! -Constant squeaks in the suspension will never be corrected. -I had the common fuel sending unit go out at 49K miles. It should have been covered under the 60K 5 yr warranty but they denied the coverage and I am currently fighting with them -The paint quality is terrible. With little research I was able to find I am not the only one that has paint just randomly start bubbling and peeling with no chip or scratch even starting it! Nissan consumer affairs is totally unprofessional and untimely to be in coherts with. Very disappointing they can't stand behind their product.

Comfortable, Price, Options, Power, style, Handling. Pretty much I love the truck

Use higher quality materials. Stand behind your product when it falls apart.... BUYER BE WARY

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab RWD SE MT
By BigTaka

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my used truck 4 years ago for work with 15K miles already on it. I have put 60K additional miles on and have had no mechanical issues. I do get a chirping sound from the air vents after I turn the ignition off and the dealership can't figure out the issue. I've only changed the belts, done regular maintenance and am due to have the breaks changed for the first time. The gas mileage is less than desirable as I average 18-19mpg whether I am in the city or driving long distances on the highway. The rear seat is not the most comfortable as it sits straight up and does not offer much leg room. The power is decent and it has functioned fine when towing.

Smooth ride, long lasting breaks, good power.

Gas mileage, rear sear comfort, paint chipping.

My Nissan Stinks!!!
By kram1972

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my truck new off of the lot. Ran great for about 55k mi then hell broke loose. blower resistor blew ($150), then blower blew ($500), then at 45k mi a ujoints went and another at 59.5k mi. a week later PW on driverside blew, then last week with 64.5k mi i was informed that the motor needs to be replaced but guess what, 6yr-60k mile warranty is over and they won't touch it. oh, the timing chain is stretched to maximum limit and needs to be replaced and amazingly my oil pressure gauge hasn't moved since I bought the truck but i was 2 quarts low when I just had it serviced by Nissan. NEVER NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN!!!!

Piece of Junk - Never again
By toyman15

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I'd save a few thousand by buying a NISSAN over a TOYOTA, and thought the Nissan would be reliable like the Toyota. No way. First 30k miles the fuel sender went. $400. Then the windshield washer tank sprung a leak. Now, at 80K miles the transmission went, cause the trans cooler in the radiator cracked, allowing a transfer of fluids between cooling system & trans. $4500. Not to mention missed work, time wasted, etc.

Good power.

Reliability, reliability & reliability.

2nd Frontier
By 808blue

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second frontier. Loved it, great MPG , good power for a 4 banger. Only really dumb move on Nissan's part is even offering a truck without AC. I bought the truck second hand for a great deal, and other than having no AC whatsoever, the truck was awesome.

front seats very comfy, great MPG.

Include AC as a standard option