2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews 3

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Happy Nissan Owner
By Miasbuddy on 08/12/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Nissan and I'll never again buy anything other brand. My truck is sturdy and safe. Handles very well in all types of road & weather conditions. Has plenty of power and I can hold my own on the Interstate with the 18 wheelers. Driver's seat is very comfortable for my bad back. I've had no expenses outside of routine maintenance with any of the 3 Nissans. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Frontier to anyone looking for a reliable pick up truck.

Not too bad
By bosoxer on 06/29/08 06:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first Nissan and although I've had some problems with it, I still really enjoy it. For some reason, my drive train was "falling off," so that was fixed. Had problems with my heating system, which still was completely fixed, and a few little things like an emissions sensor, and windows power unit. I'm a bit nervous about how much has gone wrong in 3 years, as my truck only has 35,000 miles on it, and I do not ride it off- road. The power is tremendous in this truck. It really gets up and moves. The turning radius is horrible. The ride is smooth however. Keeping my fingers crossed on future repairs as my warranty ended this month. Would still recommend this truck.

Not sure
By spiff on 05/23/08 04:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A good solid truck with a lot of promise. I have owned it for 3 years now with nothing major wrong with it. Just a lot of little things. Things like gas cap door spring falling off, door handle cover falling off, ac ducts came loose, rear bumper lights becoming loose, rattling in the exhaust. I have to say it hauls a load well and the bed track system is great.

Sportscar with truck bed
By JimInFLA on 04/01/08 11:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my '05 Frontier 2wd used w/ about 10k miles. Traded in an '02 Chevy Avalanche. It was great but the gas was killin' me and we don't need the 4wd in FL. My Fronty has plenty o' power... it's like a sportscar w/a truck bed, I swear! I love the bed's adjustable tiedown system. Not crazy about the roofrack but it does have a sunroof that is nice, although I mostly run the A/C. I'm a lead foot and I can get about 17-19 mpg doing about 75-85 mph on the highway. It's squirrely in the rain b/c it's sort of light in the backend like my old '98 2dr Tahoe. The front seats are uncomfortable on long road trips. They also need to redo the center console so you have an elbow rest.

Started out amazing, but...
By fronteeer on 03/22/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've written a few favorable reviews about this truck, but it's had a few major problems and I'm afraid it might become a liability soon, since the b2b warranty's gone and the power train is close. Nissan replaced the entire HVAC unit because it only worked on hot and cold, and they couldn't fix it. I recently had a belt and tensioner changed to get rid of a loud squeak when idling cold. The fuel gauge went nuts and I had to have everything changed from the gauge back. Now there's a loud clunk coming from the drive train when I accelerate while turning, in both 4x2 and 4x4. Sometimes the steering wheel pulls so hard to one side after turning, I have to basically stop and let it go.

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab
By silverbullet77 on 01/24/08 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, there is a reason my handle is silverbullet. These new frontiers will get up and leave just about any other truck on the road, plenty of power, plus a little more in mine, comfy interior, beautiful design, and all around nice ride.

Cross country journey
By Mike Q on 01/03/08 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from west coast to east coast towing a vw golf completely packed, with the truck bed overloaded as well. Power to get up and over the rockies no problem. Reliable and rides like a cadillac compared to my previous audi tt. Never owned a pickup before, and I'm not disappointed.

Excellent in so many ways
By David on 12/12/07 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the NISMO Crew Frontier for quite a while now, and I KNOW that this is the last vehicle I will buy. I fully intend to drive this truck till the wheels fall off. Pretty much everything is gravy... first off, it is love at first sight on styling. Interior is decidedly untrucklike, in fact better than most sport sedans. Power and handling is exceptional, in all situations (I have driven it in ice, rain, LOTS of pavement, snowy mountain roads and a bunch of Moab UT offroad). Amenities such as the Rockford-Fosgate systems are fantastic, and the cargo accessories invaluable. Only little gripes are the fuel economy is a bit low (although expected) and an external MP3 jack would be nice.

2005 NISMO 2WD
By ras1500 on 11/27/07 08:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan product and both have been extremely reliable. The NISMO is a great truck with plenty of acceleration and fun to drive. Fuel mileage is around 20 MPG combination city/highway. The build quality of this truck is not as good as my Japanese built '99 Pathfinder; sealant in the pickup bed is sloppy and there's some glue on the headliner.

The next generation
By zoom on 10/24/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Nissan products. My last truck was a 98 king cab with a 3.3 v-6. I had a guy come to my house and request to buy it, seeing the next generation truck I agreed. He is completely happy as am I. My Nismo is so much better in every way. I can get over 21 mpg on the hwy, mixed driving around 18.5. The power difference isn' even close,this truck will haul, drives great, rides great with 31.5 psi in the tires. In my opinion, and I have owned all domestic vehicles, this is solid satisfaction!