Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

The 2005 Nissan Frontier
By Emily

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best truck I think I will ever own. My boyfriend has a 2000 Nissan Frontier, and all of our friends have variouse year model Frontiers and we all love them. We will keep these trucks after we get newer Nissans as a second vehicle for whatever purpose it may be needed for. We will own nothing other than a Nissan.

Everything, there is nothing that I dislike about my truck. I love it!

Nothing

JBS3
By JBS

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I tried a Toyota and the Frontier felt more what I look for in a truck. It handles very well. The breaking system with 4 wheel disks are excellent with no pull or noise. The design of the cargo bed is outstanding. The bed is coated and the extended bed with the cargo tie down system gives you fexability. The power is most impressive. I have to drive in Philadelphia and they are the most selfish and inconsiderate drivers. Because of the power I am less likely to be cut off when pulling onto a highway, something that happened to me all the time. My past Frontier had 169,000 miles on it, original clutch. I hope this one gives me the same reliability.

CD player sound system Indicator lights for tires, washer etc Tie down system and bed coating with extension

Gas mileage could be better. I am getting about 16.38 and 20 highway.

Love the 'Gizmo
By Johnboy from NY

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Crew Cab Nismo (a.k.a. Gizmo) for 5 months now. It's one of the most fun to drive trucks that I've ever had. I was a little worried about the Nismo off-road package while on the road, but the stiffer suspension is fine in all but the roughest pot hole highways, where your back-end will try to beat out the front end at speed. The only imperfections that I've had is a rattle in the dash when its cold ( I haven't dropped it off for repairs until it stays cold so they can hear it), and the rubber stops on the tailgate fall off easy. I am RTV'ing them on when the replacements get here. Overall, I love the truck. I get an average of 16.5 mpg in town and 20 on long highway trips.

Sunroof (listen to this Toyota....), The Rockford Fosgate CD player is awesome!!!

How about a "decreased power" button that decreases the engine power a tad, for a little better gas mileage? You don't always need all the 265 horses under the hood.....

My Frontier...it's great!!!
By Terry

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The interior was the main selling point over any other truck in this class. I still feel like I'm in a sedan, and the Rockford Sound System...simply rocks!!!!

Leather, sunroof, Rockford Stereo, Great power...

Fuel economy and dash gauges/controls

my new truck
By horn

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck bran new. used edmunds.com to find a fair price bought truck at 23,000 a little lower than the tmv pricing report given on the web site im very happy with the truck performs very well is good on gas and the eye. even the rather standard model has nice qualty with a few good opitions i would recommend this truck over its counterparts from japan and america. the nicest mid sized truck for the money