2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
mco
By mco on 02/09/05 01:11 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

excellent truck. needs more detailing inside. confort and computer panel on le should be more uptodate.

mid sized monster
By jose on 02/08/05 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

lots of added power this year that will suprise owners of earlier models.interior is roomy and is nicely laid out.exterior has a full sized truck look to it.

My Nissan
By Ron on 02/08/05 07:10 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Nissan of any type in our family. Trucks I have previously owned: 5 new full size fords (still have a super duty f250 10 cyl) 6 new full size dodges, 1 new Dakota, 1 new full size chevy. Since they upgraded the size and power of the Frontier I decided to give it a try, during my second visit to the dealership I bought my Nismo package crew cab in superblack. I absolutely love it. Prior to buying this year I also tried the dakota, tacoma, tundra, titan, chevy. No comparison - they all had different quirks that I did not like but with the Nissan I found nothing that I did not like. After the first thousand miles I have found nothing to disappoint me.

Great Truck
By josh'sDad on 02/07/05 21:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an awesome truck! Fun to drive and great performance from the new 4.0 V6. Back seat is almost comfortable for a large adult but I don’t know if I would want to be back there for a long trip. Only one complaint: The only way I can unlock my doors is from the drivers side door. No unlocking mechanism on the passenger side. The truck has power door locks but no Key Fob remotes to unlock them and this is not a dealer oversight. And here is the kicker all you need to have keyless entry is the Key Fob Remote. What was Nissan thinking? The put the receiver for the keyless entry in the truck but did not include the Keyless remote. You can buy the remotes from Nissan for $137.50 each.

WHAT A GREAT TRUCK!!!!
By Miguel on 02/07/05 18:36 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got this truck with the 6 spd manual and is a blast to drive! 0-60 takes about 2 seconds less than my 2003 Frontier I traded in. The seats are great, better than 2003. I liked my 3-gauge cluster from 2003 better, though, but the interior is mainly better. Front end in a little ugly from certain angles. Also the backseat is a major improvement from previous models. Over all this truck, is the best truck truck I've owned.(I've owned all Nissans:1982,1993,2003, and now 2005.)

Greatest Truck
By Dick W. - Phoenix on 02/07/05 17:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned many pick-ups but this is the finest. My previous vehicle was a 2002 Frontier SE Crew Cab and was no comparison to the 2005. The 2005 is a most impressive vehicle in terms of build quality, power, handling, ride, just everything! I looked and compared Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Dodge and GMC and there was absolutely NO COMPARISON! They all fell well short of the Frontier in all areas. The Ford and Dodge were really inferior in every way, do yourself a favor and drive the Frontier and you will buy it.

Crew cab mid-size frontier truck
By Susana and Jorge on 01/31/05 01:01 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Mechanical Performance 4.0 V6 Engine 265 hp perfect. 5 speed automatic transmission and suspension perfect. Frontier nissan 4x2 crew cab 2005 It's The Best! why? Because the Engine Immobilizer works better than Toyota tacoma double cab 2005.

great value for a mid-size truck
By peterB on 01/29/05 22:47 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was thrilled when the new design Frontier finally came out. Think of it as a smaller Titan. The LE model is loaded and still sells for under 30K. It handles well and has great pick-up thanks to the new 265hp V6. The back seats in the crew cab are fairly large for a mid-size.... Large enough for 2 large people or 3 average sized adults. Electronic 4WD switch is nice too.

Awesome Truck
By Williajm on 01/26/05 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great Truck, have already put over a thousand miles on it in two weeks, and drives great in the snow, great pick up, and very fast. Test drove all other midsize trucks, and this one is the best. I am very very happy with my purchase. This would be great choice for anyone to make.

Awesome Truck
By Williajm on 01/26/05 18:57 PM (PST)