Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My first new Truck
By Don

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is WOW. This truck is great. I just got it home two days ago and can't stop staring at it. It just looks great. Like a bulldog with an attitude. Drives great, Very comfortable and has a real solid feel. Very tight. I believe the 05 is the first year for the new body style and it was a much needed upgrade. The 6 CD stereo is excellent. the controls are easy to use and easy to reach. You really feel safe in this truck. I had a used Mazda for about 4 weeks and gave it back for this new one. Very Smart Move. Buy one. You'll love it.

I like the leather wrapped steering wheel, the stereo and the look of this truck. Like the Titans little brother.

I've noticed the reflection of the dash lights on the rear window when looking in the rearview mirror. Minor but noticable. I've turned the dash lights down and thats helped. Back light the steering wheel controls. Extend the arm rest a little more or make it slideable like my wifes Honda Accord.

On Road-Off Road
By Ed Jarecki

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

While being the most comfortable truck I have owned it has one major flaw in the heating controls. When you put the heat control knob to floor only the hot air still comes out the A/C vents and makes it very uncomfortable, this feature keeps the feet and legs cold in very cold weather and your upper body too warm. Nissan service rep has told me this is the way they are built, and Nissan refuses to get back to me after several calls. Also there are a couple of spots where dirt was painted over at the factory. Overall the truck does very well in off road performances as well as a nice ride on hard surfaces. Ed Jarecki

Utility bed option, very easy to tie down any load you carry.

Fix heat control to go to feet only as it should. More Quality control on paint process.

Dream Come True
By Fronteeer

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've been looking for a truck to replace my Jetta TDI for a couple of years, and I did tons of research leading up to buying this Frontier. Thanks to everyone who posted reviews--they've been really helpful. This is a really sturdy, beautifully designed, tough looking, powerful, capable truck. It's definitely stiff, even without the NISMO package. It doesn't take any crap from potholes, let's put it that way, but the ride is suprisingly smooth and quiet on decent surfaces. Excellent clearance, very roomy interior, big clunky controls that are easy to grab with gloves on and without taking your eyes off the road, simple design but with useful features. Fuel economy so far is very good.

Amazing body--if I was an X-Trail I'd be all over that. Simple interior that's easy to clean, big wheels and tires, Utili-track bed system, fuel economy, good visibility, silky smooth automatic, power with a capital "P", interior/exterior lighting, roomy interior, crash test ratings are excellent.

One-touch auto-down on the driver's side window only, and no one-touch up? I'd add auto -up and -down to both front side windows. Throw in keyless remotes--I had to buy them separately. Bucket seats and armrests are hard as rocks, but once you toughen up you'll find that they offer good support.

The 2005 Nissan Frontier
By Emily

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best truck I think I will ever own. My boyfriend has a 2000 Nissan Frontier, and all of our friends have variouse year model Frontiers and we all love them. We will keep these trucks after we get newer Nissans as a second vehicle for whatever purpose it may be needed for. We will own nothing other than a Nissan.

Everything, there is nothing that I dislike about my truck. I love it!

Nothing

JBS3
By JBS

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I tried a Toyota and the Frontier felt more what I look for in a truck. It handles very well. The breaking system with 4 wheel disks are excellent with no pull or noise. The design of the cargo bed is outstanding. The bed is coated and the extended bed with the cargo tie down system gives you fexability. The power is most impressive. I have to drive in Philadelphia and they are the most selfish and inconsiderate drivers. Because of the power I am less likely to be cut off when pulling onto a highway, something that happened to me all the time. My past Frontier had 169,000 miles on it, original clutch. I hope this one gives me the same reliability.

CD player sound system Indicator lights for tires, washer etc Tie down system and bed coating with extension

Gas mileage could be better. I am getting about 16.38 and 20 highway.