2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Silver NISMO
By 66Roadster on 02/28/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving my NISMO Crew Cab 2X4 for 3000 miles and it is a pure joy! The power is great, first class transmission, the suspension is nice and tight, the looks are right on, and quality is perfect. Nissan did a great job building a truck for all the "truck" reasons and not a cross- over or pretending to be a car. This thing is solid as a rock, has room for the family, can pull/drag anything, and run with sports cars. What else would anyone want in a truck?

Nissan SE 4 Door Crew 2WD Auto (Awesome)
By Tim Creech on 02/28/05 16:21 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is fantastic. It really moves out. I just got out of a very good running Chevy S-10 4.3 V6. There is no comparison in size, comfort, build quality, or performance. I am all around very pleased. The ONLY draw back i have found is that for taller drivers (I'm 6'3" tall) the seat sits up too high in the truck and is not adjustable downward. Once you get used to the higher seating, it is okay. I have really enjoyed driving the truck so far, withonly 1700 miles on it. The truck is FAST! It really likes to show its strength way up in the RPM range. I have the tow package, but have not had a chance to pull my trailer with it, yet. Much nicer than the 05 Tacoman in my opinion

My CC 05 Frontier LE
By Ric Clavel on 02/28/05 16:14 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Although I've only had this truck for 6 weeks (just over 1,000 miles), I am very pleased with the performance, quality, and the way it's equipped. the size is just right for my taste and use. So far, a great truck.

Nissan Has Nailed It!
By racuda on 02/28/05 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Nissan truck in 12 years. It is light years ahead of the other two, like the difference between a Pinto and a Porche. The raw power is the first thing I noticed. It's a good thing I got the limited slip differential - it is necessary to keep the wheels from spinning at full throttle. Of course, this comes at a cost - I'm only getting 18.5 MPG on the highway. The reason I picked Nissan over Toyota is because I wanted power leather seats (heated), and a sunroof. Also the Nissan uses regular gas compared to the premium that Toyota recommends. I recommend getting the rubber all-weather floor mats. They are much easier to maintain that the carpeted ones.

Great Re-design!
By reverendbiker on 02/28/05 15:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the finest truck I have ever owned (7 previous) and has a level of refinement that it amazing. Acceleration and handling are first-rate, as are the interior design and ergonomics. Fuel economy is good for a truck (17/21 actual). I usually don't like to buy a first-year vehicle, but it looks like Nissan has done their homework on this one.

Very pleased with the 05 Fronty
By Wyldcat89 on 02/28/05 14:56 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I settled on the 05 Frontier NISMO Crew Cab after 5 months of carefully considering other 2005 offerings. What I got was a strong, powerful engine (265hp) but with a suprisingly smooth & quiet ride. The stiffer suspension isn't harsh or jarring, but rather, it offers excellent road feel. The interior does feature a lot of hard plastic but I find it easy on the eyes and easy to clean. I really like the NISMO seat fabric too! The spray in bed liner and utili-trac system is a definite improvement over my 2001 Ranger and as a first time Nissan owner, I couldn't be happier.

Frontier's on the Forefront
By Hammerman on 02/27/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the LE Crew Cab for 2 weeks. Chose it over Tacoma b/c of better high-end options (sunroof/leather). Acceleration is surprisingly responsive and fast. Interior on LE is very nice, logical, and comfortable. Paid $300 over invoice through federal government car-buying service from local dealer. Very happy with vehicle.

Great truck
By Miguel on 02/24/05 11:15 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just took it off roading a few days ago. It was great!!! I took my Basset hounds(80lbs each) and my gear and couple of my friends and still had lots of power to spare. This truck is improved from 2004 models definately but I think 2004's look better. This is a fun vehicle to drive and I think that it should be the best selling truck on the market this year. Thanks Nissan for a great truck!!!

05 Frontier = Best Mid-Size Pickup
By HKINGS on 02/22/05 17:50 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After driving every mid-size truck out there, including the new 05 Tacoma 3 times, the 05 Frontier had the best performance, exterior and interior looks! It lso offered more features that Tacoma didn't, like power/heated seats, leather, and power moonroof! A blast to drive!

I Love it
By Nismo on 02/16/05 20:44 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had the truck for about 2 weeks, but it's really fun to drive and has a lot of power. It has nice features and seems to be very well built and rugged.