2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab LE
By Grenadar on
2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Our new Frontier LE is an absolute joy to drive. The powerful engine is incredible, yet the ride is quite comfortable around town or on the freeway. The interior is extremely well thought-out, with compartments everwhere and with (mostly) well- placed controls for the driver. The seats are comfortably supportive. The factory bedliner with Utili-track system is extremely versatile for carrying almost anything and the locking tailgate latches nicely with no concious thought required (unlike my brother's Ford Ranger). I've only had it a month so I cannot comment on reliability yet. I am only getting 22 mpg on freeway trips, but at least it can use regular gas without a problem. Looks nice, too.
Favorite Features
The steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls are nice. The suicide rear doors on our King Cab are great. Using the rear of the cab is a breeze, but it does have 2 rather large blind spots at the B pillars. Trip computer is handy, but the control button placement on speedometer is awkward.
Suggested Improvements
Don't go out of your way to get their satellite radio. My dealer installed the XM antenna on my rear window. It only works when driving north or east! My dealer says that's what Nissan directs, so he can't fix it. Nissan support won't answer repeated messages for help. Love my truck, but not Nissan.