Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Lovin' It
By Bob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Crew Cab in May, 05. Almost 11,000 miles now & still love it. Everything I wanted in a small pickup. Couldn't touch the Toyota (Price) and am now glad I didn't. Rides like a car on the highway. Roomy & confortable. Love that 4.0 liter V6. Strong and smooth. Pulls along in 6th gear at 75 mph around 2100 rpm. This is my 20 year vehicle.

Favorite Features

Full power in this SE model including sunroof. 6 airbags! Spray in bedliner right from factory. Did I mention that this is my 20 year vehicle?

Suggested Improvements

No remote for power locks (Nissan's way of getting more money out of you - $100 quoted from dealer for 1 remote). Heavy tailgate. Rubber bumpers for tailgate have disappeared. Extra large headrests and rear seat grab handles have created very large blind spots in this truck. Still a 20 year veh.

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

Favorite Features

Curb appeal, XM, SUNROOF(Hear that Toyota?), cabin space.

Suggested Improvements

LEATHER!

My First Truck
By Don

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I think I made a great choice. This truck is great. It has a comfortable ride, a smooth tranny and looks great. The stereo is first rate. The controls are easy to operate even with gloves on. I test drove an 03 Toyota but went with a new Nissan. My wife calls it Stewie.

Favorite Features

The utili-track system and bed extender work great but the washers are rusting and they discolored the brackets. Dealer is correcting. Really like the look and ride. Looks great in the Desert Gold.

Suggested Improvements

Auto up for the driver window, lockabe glove box, better gas mileage. Put the spray on liner on the tailgate as well as the bed. The bolt on liner has warped and it's only been one week. Use stainless washers on the bed extender to eliminate rusting and discoloring.

Nissan > Toyota
By Glenn

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

XE 5 speed...no frills but great gas saver Got newspaper ad special...so this way dealership can't stick you. Remember, the dealerships make a killing on those nice options you like. Don't forget to bring the ad with you. My new truck with zero miles cost less than a used truck (few years old) with 40 -60 K.

Favorite Features

Truck size(not too big or too small) 4 cylinder option for gas saving

Suggested Improvements

I'd like to have more accessories for truck available from Nissan

Tough to Beat
By GWC

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Glad I chose this over the Tacoma, for the money, this is the truck. Nice, comfortable interior, smooth powerful engine, which beat some V-8's.Good looking exterior. Would like to have had some door protection. Installing a K & N filter & maybe a tornado for better fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Comfortable well put together interior. Smooth V-6. Price.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to get a little better fuel economy.