2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2005 LE CREW CAB
By JIM LAPSLEY on 03/11/05 13:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the vehicle for 1 month and just got through Nissans 1200 mile break-in, I had a chance to put it to the floor, after 4000 rpm a huge surge in power and goes to red line quickly. Overall truck is very tight, rides nice and is a joy to drive. It has loads of power and alot of interior room. I'm extremely please with this vehicle and would recommend to anyone.

nissan drew the line
By mike on 03/11/05 06:30 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have to say this truck is such a delight to drive thumbs up where ever I go. a radar detector might be in order

To much fun
By j_ftkd on 03/10/05 02:27 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This truck is powerful, yet does not drive like a truck. It handles so well. It is like two vehicles in one. A sports car and a truck. It is awsome

The right midsize truck for the job.
By A. Martin on 03/08/05 11:43 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 265HP engine is very responsive. The truck handles as well as many passenger cars. Excellent for Hwy and city driving. Fuel economy is avg, but much better than my wife’s 2002 SC Xterra, and it runs on 87 octane well. The 5 speed automatic transmission shifts very smooth and does so when I would want to. (I have always been a manual guy until now.) The exterior is very nice with less “plastic” than on some new trucks and previous frontiers. The spray on bed liner is first rate with a great rail system for securing cargo. The interior is made of very high quality materials and the fit and finish is grade “A”. If you don’t like plastic you may not like it as much as I do.

Wait for the accessories
By Just Say No on 03/08/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The truck is great in the snow and on clean roads. I haven't gone offroad yet. I'm getting 12.4 mpg city and about 22 highway. Before you buy this truck, ask them what accessories are available. As of today, March 8, the answer is NONE! Ask them when they will be available..the answer is UNKNOWN. Nissan should not have put this truck on the market without being able to offer ONE of the many accessories like the trailer hitch, tool box, bed divider and most importantly, the soft tonneau cover.

Nissan got it right!
By RKW on 03/07/05 12:43 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In 2004 we bought a 2004 Frontier for our daughter in college. In November my husband bought a new 2004 Titan and in December I bought a 2005 Frontier in black. It's an eye catcher and I've had a lot of compliments on it. I drive 100 miles every day and the new '05 Frontier is comfortable, lots of power and I'm getting almost 22 mpg on the highway. Nissan has done an awesome job in the redesign of the Frontier. Of all the trucks we've owned, by far, this is the best one. I'm a convert having been a fan of the Chevy Silverado for many years! I can haul a two horse trailer with two 1300 lb. horses aboard with this new Frontier with no problem.

Big Improvement in the Frontier for '05
By Todd on 03/04/05 09:39 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 4WD Crew Cab. This is a great new truck for Nissan. I compared it to the Tacoma and the Canyon. It is a lot of truck for the money. It was an easy decision. The V6 is powerful. The ride is better than previous years and the exterior is sharp and masculine. Finally looks like a guy's truck.

Best Truck Ever!
By Cyclemut on 02/28/05 22:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Originally thought of purchasing a Colorado, until I drove both. Wish the Frontier had the Orange color of the Colorado, but am very happy with what I got (Black). Green lights are fun again, mountain trips are a pleasure again, the ride is awesome, the power is great, and after the engine started to break in, the mileage got better! Don't know what you're looking for. But if it's for a truck you could pass down to your kid, the '05 Frontier is it. Have the dealer add the remotes for keyless entry (doesn't come with remotes from the factory), as they're pricey ($158 each). Test drove the Tacoma and the Colorado. Love the power of the Frontier and ruggedness of the body. Won't look back!

Love it
By Paul T on 02/28/05 19:32 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck! If you are looking a new midsize you must put this truck on your list. lots of room and explosive power from the V6. Very quiet cab and if you love music you must get the Rockford package. One drive is all it will take to.

My 2005 CC Nismo 4X2
By Wirenut on 02/28/05 19:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really enjoy driving this truck. I had a 2001 Nissan Frontier that really enjoyed but this truck has it beat by a mile.The 4.0 265 hp works well with 5 speed auto tranny.I can now pass another car with confidence. Plenty of power to go around.Even though it has a short bed the extender works good for me.Went on a 1500 mile trip and the truck did very well.Have not been off roading as of yet will see how that does later.It's like having a big truck without the size.