Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Love this truck
By Tim

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited for a long time to purchase a midsize truck and I am glad I did. Love this truck. Love the horsepower. Love the exterior design. Love the quality. Love the build in tie-down system in the truckbed. GREAT vehicle so far.

Exterior styling and horsepower.

Less plastic in the interior.

The Prime Truck
By Shulton

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Too much low quality plastic inside easy to break. Engine noise after 4 months, it starts when RPM hits 2200, unable to fix by dealer and not recognize by Nissan as defect. It does not affect performance, but it's annoying.

Powerful V6 engine, roomy interior, great bed features. Factory applied spray bedliner and a useful bed channel tie-down system.

Uncomfortable back seats, too much plastic interior.

Lovin' It
By Bob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my Crew Cab in May, 05. Almost 11,000 miles now & still love it. Everything I wanted in a small pickup. Couldn't touch the Toyota (Price) and am now glad I didn't. Rides like a car on the highway. Roomy & confortable. Love that 4.0 liter V6. Strong and smooth. Pulls along in 6th gear at 75 mph around 2100 rpm. This is my 20 year vehicle.

Full power in this SE model including sunroof. 6 airbags! Spray in bedliner right from factory. Did I mention that this is my 20 year vehicle?

No remote for power locks (Nissan's way of getting more money out of you - $100 quoted from dealer for 1 remote). Heavy tailgate. Rubber bumpers for tailgate have disappeared. Extra large headrests and rear seat grab handles have created very large blind spots in this truck. Still a 20 year veh.

Favorite Truck Ever!!!
By Jason

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 4-Nissan trucks prior to my recent Nismo purchase and if Nissan keeps building like this I'll be back for another! This is by far my favorite one. The Rockford Fosgate, XM, Snrf, roofrack, bug-guards, bed extenders etc etc are great! I went for Aztec red and love it. I get compliments on it alot. I looked at the Toyota but they don't offer sunroofs and the Frontier just looks better. Other than minor a minor squeek in the dash this ruck is awesome. I love to drive it every chance I get and it pulls my 19' ski boat nicely. Good Job Nissan!

Curb appeal, XM, SUNROOF(Hear that Toyota?), cabin space.

LEATHER!

My First Truck
By Don

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and I think I made a great choice. This truck is great. It has a comfortable ride, a smooth tranny and looks great. The stereo is first rate. The controls are easy to operate even with gloves on. I test drove an 03 Toyota but went with a new Nissan. My wife calls it Stewie.

The utili-track system and bed extender work great but the washers are rusting and they discolored the brackets. Dealer is correcting. Really like the look and ride. Looks great in the Desert Gold.

Auto up for the driver window, lockabe glove box, better gas mileage. Put the spray on liner on the tailgate as well as the bed. The bolt on liner has warped and it's only been one week. Use stainless washers on the bed extender to eliminate rusting and discoloring.