2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2nd Frontier
By 808blue on 07/06/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my second frontier. Loved it, great MPG , good power for a 4 banger. Only really dumb move on Nissan's part is even offering a truck without AC. I bought the truck second hand for a great deal, and other than having no AC whatsoever, the truck was awesome.

Fantastic Truck
By tufaznailz on 06/30/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a solid truck that looks good and has a cab that will help you stay organized. I think it is the best value in the marketplace, but the gas mileage on the 2wd Nismo stinks.

Disappointed in Nissan
By LK Texas on 04/23/09 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Nissan pickup (80,82,05). Of the three I am really disappointed in the quality of the vehicle. I ONLY have 26,000 miles on it and already the exhaust manifold requires replacement (TSB was not sent to me), my fuel gauge sending unit is shot, and the wiper reservoir cracked. I will end up doing all the repairs as I will not pay for dealership service. Only good thing is I put on a Gibson performance exhaust, a custom CAI with a AMSOIL intake filter, replaced ALL fluids with AMSOIL and I am now getting 25 city and 33 highway. If nothing else goes out I will keep it. Otherwise, I will consider another manufacturer.

Not too bad
By bosoxer on 06/29/08 06:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first Nissan and although I've had some problems with it, I still really enjoy it. For some reason, my drive train was "falling off," so that was fixed. Had problems with my heating system, which still was completely fixed, and a few little things like an emissions sensor, and windows power unit. I'm a bit nervous about how much has gone wrong in 3 years, as my truck only has 35,000 miles on it, and I do not ride it off- road. The power is tremendous in this truck. It really gets up and moves. The turning radius is horrible. The ride is smooth however. Keeping my fingers crossed on future repairs as my warranty ended this month. Would still recommend this truck.

Not sure
By spiff on 05/23/08 04:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A good solid truck with a lot of promise. I have owned it for 3 years now with nothing major wrong with it. Just a lot of little things. Things like gas cap door spring falling off, door handle cover falling off, ac ducts came loose, rear bumper lights becoming loose, rattling in the exhaust. I have to say it hauls a load well and the bed track system is great.

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab
By silverbullet77 on 01/24/08 18:08 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Well, there is a reason my handle is silverbullet. These new frontiers will get up and leave just about any other truck on the road, plenty of power, plus a little more in mine, comfy interior, beautiful design, and all around nice ride.

Cross country journey
By Mike Q on 01/03/08 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Drove from west coast to east coast towing a vw golf completely packed, with the truck bed overloaded as well. Power to get up and over the rockies no problem. Reliable and rides like a cadillac compared to my previous audi tt. Never owned a pickup before, and I'm not disappointed.

2005 NISMO 2WD
By ras1500 on 11/27/07 08:25 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Nissan product and both have been extremely reliable. The NISMO is a great truck with plenty of acceleration and fun to drive. Fuel mileage is around 20 MPG combination city/highway. The build quality of this truck is not as good as my Japanese built '99 Pathfinder; sealant in the pickup bed is sloppy and there's some glue on the headliner.

The next generation
By zoom on 10/24/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several Nissan products. My last truck was a 98 king cab with a 3.3 v-6. I had a guy come to my house and request to buy it, seeing the next generation truck I agreed. He is completely happy as am I. My Nismo is so much better in every way. I can get over 21 mpg on the hwy, mixed driving around 18.5. The power difference isn' even close,this truck will haul, drives great, rides great with 31.5 psi in the tires. In my opinion, and I have owned all domestic vehicles, this is solid satisfaction!

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4cyl Auto
By EYECAT on 06/20/07 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a new 2005 in Jan-06 in Jun- 07 I have 80,000 miles on it. This is my 5th Nissan I have purchased for use in my business and the only major thing I have ever replaced was a clutch at 200,000 miles. My last was a 1997 & I replaced 2 clutches, a starter & alternator. I traded it at 487,000 miles & the others were over 300,000 miles. I got them all from the same dealership. Now at 80,000 miles the transmission seal leaks & the flange in rear-end went. Nissan dealer said it would take 10days to get the part. The same dealer sent my mechanic the wrong part 3X. After 2 wks & 20 calls to corp. no one returns my calls & no answers when they'll have the right part made, no loaner.