Used 2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Typical Nissan Truck...
By theironchefchris

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After a year, the truck has impressed the hell outta me. I went with it over the Tacoma which I like a lot as well but the Nissan was black, so I had to get it. The truck is what it is; a tough tank of a truck, nothing you don't need, simple, great design, and super powerful. The price is right and it holds its value well. I'm hoping to keep this thing for a long long time at least until we can get one with a diesel! The paint is a bit weak and does chip behind the doors near the fender flares, but hey it's a truck. Also, mine didn't have keyless entry and i got it from eBay for 7 bucks, so stop complaining people! I use it daily and love this truck, excited to drive it everyday

Favorite Features

Interior design is best in class, the engine is amazing and looks really great, super tough exterior, great ride on and off road.

Suggested Improvements

the paint is awful (and mine's black! luckily I'm a detailer), the mpg is bad (but you knew that before you bought it people!)

Indestructable Nissan
By chappyk

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 92 Nissan Pickup that was great, so I purchased this one. I have not been disappointed. This truck is rugged and looks aggressive. The previous owner equipped it with more aggressive tires which killed the ride, but gave it much more traction. The interior is rugged too. Hard plastic may not be elegant, but it wears well anf fits the character of the truck. The bedliner is bulletproof and the Utili-track system is ingenious. The truck was inexpensive and a great value. I haven't been able to use the rear locking axle because I haven't been able to get this 2WD stuck. Amazing.

Favorite Features

Clever interior storage. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Limited room behind the seat in the king cab. Should have sprung for the crew cab.

Nissan won't back their product
By mikey

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the truck used with 15K and it now has 53K. For relatively few miles there has been some real issues! -Constant squeaks in the suspension will never be corrected. -I had the common fuel sending unit go out at 49K miles. It should have been covered under the 60K 5 yr warranty but they denied the coverage and I am currently fighting with them -The paint quality is terrible. With little research I was able to find I am not the only one that has paint just randomly start bubbling and peeling with no chip or scratch even starting it! Nissan consumer affairs is totally unprofessional and untimely to be in coherts with. Very disappointing they can't stand behind their product.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, Price, Options, Power, style, Handling. Pretty much I love the truck

Suggested Improvements

Use higher quality materials. Stand behind your product when it falls apart.... BUYER BE WARY

My Nissan Stinks!!!
By kram1972

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my truck new off of the lot. Ran great for about 55k mi then hell broke loose. blower resistor blew ($150), then blower blew ($500), then at 45k mi a ujoints went and another at 59.5k mi. a week later PW on driverside blew, then last week with 64.5k mi i was informed that the motor needs to be replaced but guess what, 6yr-60k mile warranty is over and they won't touch it. oh, the timing chain is stretched to maximum limit and needs to be replaced and amazingly my oil pressure gauge hasn't moved since I bought the truck but i was 2 quarts low when I just had it serviced by Nissan. NEVER NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN!!!!

Piece of Junk - Never again
By toyman15

2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I thought I'd save a few thousand by buying a NISSAN over a TOYOTA, and thought the Nissan would be reliable like the Toyota. No way. First 30k miles the fuel sender went. $400. Then the windshield washer tank sprung a leak. Now, at 80K miles the transmission went, cause the trans cooler in the radiator cracked, allowing a transfer of fluids between cooling system & trans. $4500. Not to mention missed work, time wasted, etc.

Favorite Features

Good power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, reliability & reliability.