2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Excellent in so many ways
By David on 12/12/07 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the NISMO Crew Frontier for quite a while now, and I KNOW that this is the last vehicle I will buy. I fully intend to drive this truck till the wheels fall off. Pretty much everything is gravy... first off, it is love at first sight on styling. Interior is decidedly untrucklike, in fact better than most sport sedans. Power and handling is exceptional, in all situations (I have driven it in ice, rain, LOTS of pavement, snowy mountain roads and a bunch of Moab UT offroad). Amenities such as the Rockford-Fosgate systems are fantastic, and the cargo accessories invaluable. Only little gripes are the fuel economy is a bit low (although expected) and an external MP3 jack would be nice.

Great truck
By Dave on 08/03/07 12:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I feel in love with this truck as soon as I saw it. But looks were just what got me started. It handles well, is comfortable to drive and has made life a lot easier when it comes to working around the property, because it goes just about anywhere.

Awesome truck!
By Steve on 06/08/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this truck! It has been an incredible driving truck since my first test drive. I really was not even in the market, having just purchased a 2006 Tundra doublecab 4x4 SR5. We were at the dealership looking for a ride for my son, and I just wanted to take a ride in one, and that's all she wrote. It's a much better ride than the land barge I just bought a year ago. The v6 power plant Nissan uses is vastly superior to the gas guzzling v8 in the Tundra. I average about 20 mpg (6 spd. manual). The best I could muster in the Tundra was 16.5 mpg. I actually got 23.5 mpg on a trip to the coast! Way easier to park in tight situations than the Tundra. Check out the Frontier, it won't disappoint!!

05 Frontier Crew Cab SE 2WD V6 Auto
By Rob on 05/13/07 07:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months and 21000 miles, I can honestly say I love this vehicle! Powerful engine, smooth ride, just dosent feel like a truck. I have driven my truck on several long trips and it cruises effortlessly at 80-85 mph, very quiet and comfortable. I've owned Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and a VW, and can say that so far, this is my favorite. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this truck too, especially the engine/transmission and fit and finish. I would definitely recommend that anyone looking at a mid-size truck to do yourself a favor and check out the Frontier!

Great Choice
By dalo on 03/18/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

NISMO 4WD CC Sunroof plg, Off Road pkg, Radio pkg. Pros Rides taunt. Steering is very true. Handles Northeast weather and roads very well. Fit and finish are pretty nice. Room for 4. Rockford radio sound is very good. Controls are easy to use. Very happy with choice. Cons Needs driver armrest. Rubber floor mats instead of carpet. Haven't calculated mpg yet.

2005 Nissan SE Crew Cab 4x4
By Lee on 03/16/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have my 2005 Nissan Frontier almost one and half years now. I really enjoy driving this truck. Four wheels driving is exciting. I drove in the mountain when I was in Idaho, this truck gives me enough confidence to climb high mountain and handling is quite good. I really have nothing to complain about this truck.

Still my favorite vehicle
By fronteeer on 03/16/07 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After about a year and a half of owning this truck, I love it even more than when it was new, because I've had a chance to haul and tow with it, I've routinely driven it in deep snow, taken it off-road, and loaded and unloaded an ATV and a motorcycle several times. After 47,000 Km (~29,200 mi) I've really come to appreciate the incredible balance Nissan has struck between car-like handling and performance, and truck-like utility. This is my daily commuter, and I can't say enough about the comfort, handling, versatility, and that incredible engine. I'm glad I bought a mid-size. I get great MPG and I can pull a 30ft. camping trailer with an ATV in the back and three passengers with luggage.

Clutch Problem
By Margaret Calenda on 03/07/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The clutch "got burned out" according to the dealer here in Asheville, NC. I have been driving stick shifts since I was 16 (I'm 57), have driven trucks and cars over 125,000 miles and owned for over nine years. Have NEVER had a clutch problem. Something's wrong here.

"Unfortunately my Wife LOVES it!!!
By Tim on 03/05/07 01:59 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to put some miles and seasons on my new 4x4 before I gave my review. I love it more now than when I 1st bout it. I used to own a Chevy S10 4x4 that I had to put in reverse to engage the 4x4--a real pain!!! With this 4x4on the fly, I can't wait for it to snow. It's got great ground clearance and cuts through deep snow like butter! My wife uses any excuse to drive it, I can't get her out of it. I love the spray-in bedliner with the util-trac rails. With the bed extender i go from a 5' to 6'bed. Interior is very comfortable and a smooth ride. 265hp acceleration very powerful. test drove dodge durango as well. NO comparison. Gas mileage @16- 20. Could use heated outside anti-fog mirrors

Still love it after 1 year
By James on 01/07/07 23:26 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Nismo Frontier just over a year ago. I still volunteer to drive friends places just to drive it and look over my shoulder after I park it just to see it again. It's been great in every way. My favorite vehicle I've owned yet.