Used 2005 Nissan Frontier SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Most Helpful|
Love this truck
By Tim

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited for a long time to purchase a midsize truck and I am glad I did. Love this truck. Love the horsepower. Love the exterior design. Love the quality. Love the build in tie-down system in the truckbed. GREAT vehicle so far.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

Less plastic in the interior.

Fuel Emissions Control Valve
By Ray

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

my wife drives this truck to her work on a farm, and the roads are somtimes muddy. there was a build up of dirt and mud on the emissions control box on the drivers side rear wheel on the inside of the frame which caused the service engine light to come on, this build up of dirt cause the engine emissions control valve to fail. Bad disign on Nissans part, there should be some sort of fender gaurd to prevent the build up of mud on the emissions box. Great truck just don't drive in the mud to much.

Favorite Features

Lots of 12v outlets, with one going directly to the battery. Lots of great saft features.

Suggested Improvements

Extra mud guard on the driver side rear wheel.

2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab RWD SE MT
By BigTaka

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my used truck 4 years ago for work with 15K miles already on it. I have put 60K additional miles on and have had no mechanical issues. I do get a chirping sound from the air vents after I turn the ignition off and the dealership can't figure out the issue. I've only changed the belts, done regular maintenance and am due to have the breaks changed for the first time. The gas mileage is less than desirable as I average 18-19mpg whether I am in the city or driving long distances on the highway. The rear seat is not the most comfortable as it sits straight up and does not offer much leg room. The power is decent and it has functioned fine when towing.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, long lasting breaks, good power.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, rear sear comfort, paint chipping.

05 Frontier Crew Cab SE 2WD V6 Auto
By Rob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 18 months and 21000 miles, I can honestly say I love this vehicle! Powerful engine, smooth ride, just dosent feel like a truck. I have driven my truck on several long trips and it cruises effortlessly at 80-85 mph, very quiet and comfortable. I've owned Toyotas, Hondas, Mazdas and a VW, and can say that so far, this is my favorite. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this truck too, especially the engine/transmission and fit and finish. I would definitely recommend that anyone looking at a mid-size truck to do yourself a favor and check out the Frontier!

Favorite Features

Engine/transmisson, four wheel disc brakes, sunroof, utilitrack/bedliner, tow ability (I tow a boat with it), handles like a car, fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Brakes sometimes squeak when backing up, paint chips very easily, that's about it.

05 Frontier CC SE 6spd V6
By rangermang

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I researched and researched this truck as well as others, and I will have to say it was an easy choice. Cheaper, and more unique than the other trucks out there, and a very smooth ride all around. Also, it is basically a sports car in a truck body. The gears catch very quickly, almost a short throw sometimes! And, averaging 16.5 mpg strictly town is not bad for the size of this thing. Best choice ive made yet!

Favorite Features

Fun ride, easy shifts, very foriving clutch, can beat some small cars on the road, ext. styling is beautiful, lots of room for me and passengers.

Suggested Improvements

None so far, as i was expecting the mileage i'm getting, fantastic truck!