Used 2005 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 232 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Not sure I made the right choice...
By Tex

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan and my first truck. Bought this truck base on price primarily, as compared to Taco. Didn't consider US products base on previously bad experiences. After 5100 miles the dash rattles sometimes when idling, the rear suspension squeaks (I HATE squeaks and rattles), and presently the dealership can't figure out why it won't start. The dealer set me up with a rental F150 Crew Cab which, I hate to admit, I like- it's very comfortable and responsive. Heed other reviews that comment on the driver arm rest, driver side only door unlock, key fob, and plastic dash- these turned out to be real annoyances for me. If I could give my Frontier back and get all my money back, I would.

Engine is snappy, 4 wheel disc brakes, looks good, reasonable gas mileage, sun roof is nice, plenty of interior storage compartments, real "steel" bumpers (least I think they're steel), factory bed liner, overall the truck has a very "solid" feel to it.

Redesigned console and dash, make sure it'll start (duh), a bit longer bed, not real comfortable on longer trips, factory paint has a minor blemish

my nissan
By Ryan Collins

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

great all arround truck, what you would expect on gas and plenty of power to tow large trailers or simply overtake on the road. somewhat stiff ride but again it's a truck. the tailgate is heavy is my only complant. the interior feels more spaceious than the dodge ram crewcab that i own.

Perfect Upgrade
By drumbob

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 2001 Nissan Frontier SE DR to the 2005 CC Nismo. It's a great ride and my gas mileage is better. Even though it's a Nismo Off Road it still rides better than my old 2001. Plenty of power if I need it. Can take it on a road trip and really enjoy the ride. Don't plan on much off roading but it may help here in the mountains in the winter.

Ride quality, power,fun to drive.

Heated side mirrors standard would be nice. Arm rest on center console a little longer.

Awesome
By Jon

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My dad bought his truck after his 2003 GMC Sierra had transmission problems for the life of the truck. I got to drive the Frontier around and wow, what a cool truck. It's very solid, and handles really well for a truck. The engine has a lot of power, but it doesn't pick up till after the revs get toward 3000 rpm. It has 2 glove compartments and storage between the seats, which is pretty nice too. Gas mileage isn't so great yet.

Engine power, steering feel, suspension.

Gas mileage.

good truck
By anthony colorite

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this truck is very powerful for a midsize truck, ok gas milage and it looks great. very happy with my purchase

I love the 6 disc cd changer, steering wheel controls, powerful engine,exterior looks are great,nismo package

I think the seats are too high. I have no use for the arm rests because I feel the seats are too high