2005 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
you gotta get this truck
By irishtj on 03/25/05 17:38 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had this truck for 2 months but it is AWESOME...265 horsepower on a mid size truck. this thing hauls butt. It is solid, well built, fun, and The looks i get at every light, people keep asking me about it and are impressed by the looks of this truck. I was not impressed by the looks of the full size titan but it works on this truck. it is a guys truck nothing wimpy about it at all..it handles beautifuly but you still have the truck feel due to its heavy duty frame

Worth the wait!
By Diversity 1 on 03/22/05 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a truly great truck! It handles very well and the gas mileage is decent. The interior is well thought out and the exterior is rugged, yet futuristic. The engine power is outstanding! You can do almost anything with this vehicle, it is very versatile. Nissan hit a homerun with this one! It is not a cross-over wannabe minivan!

Nismo V6 King Cab
By duker51 on 03/22/05 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice truck. Roomy, seats are comfy, handles very well, and looks rad. This truck is very solid. Good room and visability from all angles. The engine and trans work well together, smooth and powerful. Off roading is awesome. The Nismo was built for this and it work very well. Locking Rear, VDC, 4-Wheel Limited slip, all perform admirable!

Better than the Tacoma
By Robert on 03/19/05 23:05 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Narrowed the Frontier down between the Tacoma and the big brother Titan. This is a 3rd (multi-purpose) vehicle for us to tow our 21' Proline boat and to make those frequent trips to Home Depot. I was not impressed with the Tacoma at all. Lots of road noise, underpowered engine, and way too much $$$ for it with little room for negotiation. I took the Frontier home for the day and easily put two child seats in back plus room for third teen. I then tested out the towing ability and it pulled my boat with little effort. I loved the Titan and if I really wanted a full- size truck, the Titan would be for me but since the Frontier achieved my purposes, it became mine for $22,539 (MSRP $25,380)

bad truck
By mark k on 03/17/05 12:35 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab Nismo Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

my nissan is extremely powerful..plenty of room for the family and tows my 20 foot boat extremely easily. for the price and the name nissan! this truck cant be beat

2005 CC SE 4WD
By Fred Leggett on 03/16/05 19:37 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at 2005 Dakota, Tacoma, Colorado before deciding on 2005 Frontier SE crew cab 4 wheel drive with automatic trans. This truck is solid as a rock (sorry chevy) and built like a brick --- -house. Can't imagine anything in it's class any better.

Dependability
By Don on 03/16/05 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We needed a replacement for our ageing `81 Toyota pickup. We liked the garagability and featured laden Nissan Crew Cab SE. We honestly enjoy driving the SE more than our `03 Honda CR-V, which we thought would never happen. The CR-V had set a safety president in our minds which our new Nissan has surpassed. The Nissan's head rests are leveraged in the event of a rear-end collision and low air pressure sensors are included in each tire. Side air bag curtains and posi-traction are options on our truck. We also like the fact that power windows remain working after the ignition key is removed. Now we have lots of confidence inspiring horsepower with which to merge our California freeways.

Nissans done it right!!!!
By todd on 03/14/05 18:22 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Very nice size truck. The king cab is perfect for a single guy like myself. The perfect get up and go. I liked the price too. V-8 power with V-6 gas mileage. Awesome! Just go test drive it and you'll buy one too.

Whole lota truck in a little package!!!!
By Blekaxe on 03/12/05 18:28 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr King Cab Nismo 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best truck I have ever had period! Gas mileage is the only complaint, but makes up for that with power. The RF stereo in this baby rocks!

awesome truck
By tommy on 03/11/05 21:18 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned 5 trucks and by far this is the best nissan has built. I have the le crew cab and there is ample room for myself,wife and grandkids . This is a bigger truck all around with more room lots more horse power and fun to drive. Had a 2004 xe crew cab I thought was good but this 2005 le crew cab is awesome. I have leather package and ets. Test drove a toyota tocoma before buying the frontier/although toyota is a fine truck in my opinion the nissan crew cab is much better.